Firpo701

Preventive Care..."guys, take heed!"

Firpo701

Hello to all of my :wh: junkies! As we all know, 98 percent of all of us men are stubborn as oxes! I fall into that category myself! Doctors bad...self healing good! Lol! Well fellas...wanted to put a little bit of "reality" in everyone's pride. "Do me a favor!" "If you ever have anything go wrong with your body, please have it checked out!" I was diagnosed with rectal cancer this past Monday. Something to that extreme puts a damper on any :wh: restorations that may be going on. Been working on the 953, but now I have to drop everything and focus on getting better! Redsquare is my go to forum, everyday! Love the pics and the stories...have added a few myself! Lol! Thanks for being my friends, even though you guys haven't realized you are! Goina beat this! Have to! Haven't restored an RJ yet! Lol! Thanks again fellas! I'll keep ya posted on the treatments.....

64s

Go ahead and restore as you are healing (could help the process).  I'll pray for you and your family.

• Like 2

19richie66

Prayers sent up from Florida. I wish you well throughout all this.

Trouty56

Sorry Firpo....wish you the best my friend.....attitude is the biggest part and yours is top notch!!!

RMCIII

God and Laughter is the ultimate medicine...You can't go wrong with the 2. Rent some ol' comedy movies. Personally I like the boy - 3 Stooges, and Bill Cosby. Then laugh yourself to wellness.

Will be praying also.

Rob

Coadster32

Prayers to you. Some people find great solace in keeping busy while healing. That is up to you. Either way I'm sure Geno will be scarfing up enough stuff for the two of you. :beer:

AMC RULES

I'll do my best to keep you laughing here everyday...

and keep you in our daily prayers too.    :)    :pray:

• Like 2

Geno

Sorry to hear that also Firpo, we're praying for you to.  Just don't stop doing what you love, mind and body work together.   :)

Ed Kennell

Sorry to hear this Firpo.  Keep busy and stay positive. My sister beat this two years ago and just got a clean check up yesterday.  Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

shallowwatersailor

God and Laughter is the ultimate medicine...You can't go wrong with the 2. Rent some ol' comedy movies. Personally I like the boy - 3 Stooges, and Bill Cosby. Then laugh yourself to wellness.

Will be praying also.

Rob

Just like Rob said, keep your spirits up and know that you have the community praying for you. I personally enjoy the old Westerns from the '50s when I was a kid. Makes me want to buy a "Fanner 50" on eBay!

Molon_Labe

You pretty well summed up my attitude (old ox) about doctors and self healing but doctors are great when you need them. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

specialwheelhorse

Hey Buddy  My wife and I are both cancer servivers  you will be on our prayer list here at home and at church.

As soon as we find a box the right size we will send some goodies. We will keep the hot stuff here as that might

be the best for you. but then again you could just keep till 100% again. Keep tinkering with red stuff, keep that

mind busy.

Your friends in the lone star state        JIM @ DEE Rodgers

• Like 2

Firpo701

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! Found out today they are sending me to Ohio State in Columbus for testing. Most likely they will do surgery there also. I'll know more after Wednesday. Thanks again! Dom.....

Geno

Let us know as soon as you find out anything!  :)

Zeek

Sorry to hear about that my friend . .  . life has it's bumps as we all know.  Keep your chin up an STAY ON THIS FORUM :romance-grouphug:

Keep us posted  :techie-computer:  

JimD

Prayers sent for your complete recovery Firpo. Your attitude and sense of humor will serve you well. Staying positive helped me through. Best wishes my friend.

Edited by JimD

Racinbob

I couldn't agree with Jim more. Attitude and sense of humor. You have both. A lady friend of ours went through breast cancer and ultimately a double mastectomy. Her attitude and incredible humor throughout it was amazing. One time I asked her how she managed it. Her response "I could sit around and cry about it but then I'd still have cancer but with runny makeup". She is now a cancer survivor.  Our prayers go out to you Firpo.

KyBill

Firpo701,

You can beat this. Will send prayers. Keep tinkering and reading on RS.

KyBlue

Prayers from the central bluegrass region! If you need anything....Ya got addicts close by!

You can beat this.. We all know you can!

stevasaurus

Just saw this...my prayers to you and yours as you beat this thing.  Just keep getting those attitude adjustments from Red Square.  :)

CasualObserver

Good luck tomorrow!  post-37-0-85428300-1413915614.gif We'll be posted here looking for an update. post-37-0-20090600-1413915555.gif

Firpo701

Thanks again guys! Just arrived in Columbus. Staying here tonight as my appointment is early and I have to prep for it. Didn't want to try to drive 2 1/2 hours in the morning while the prep was wearing off. Lol. Supposed to come back next Thursday for a CT scan and to get the results from tomorrow's test.So that's where I'm at so far. Thanks again for everyone's support and prayers! That means a lot! Will keep you posted...Dom...

• Like 2

Geno

Good luck tomorrow!  

Firpo701

Thanks Geno!

Ed Kennell

Praying for a good report tomorrow