chipwitch

Have you seen the photo of the hitch I'm looking for?

chipwitch

I've been all over this site in the past few days.  During that time, I came across a thread (I've forgotten which forum, which thread and which member) that someone had replied to in which they had posted some pictures of their hitch.  At the time, I remember thinking, "That's clever."  But, since I was looking for some other kind of information, I didn't give the post too much attention.  If I recall, there wasn't much discussion about the pictures other than a couple people responded positively.

Anyway, that image stuck with me and I now I wish to know more about it.  I don't recall what kind of hitch it was, but it was more about how it mounted to the tractor.  It was basically a piece of 1/4" plate that ran beneath the transmission.  It was attached to the hitch pin at the rear and at the front of the transmission, held by the transmission's mounting bolts.

That is an element I'd like to include, maybe modify a bit,  in my current project.  It appears to be better than anything I've come up with so far. 

Anyone recall seeing that?  Maybe know whose it is?

AMC RULES

chipwitch

That's not the one.  The one I'm looking for isn't so much a hitch as it is a hitch mount... it securely attaches to the transmission.  The two lower bolts on the transmission mount are the key.

Geno

Was that Troutys sickle bar mount? 

Trouty56

Was that Troutys sickle bar mount? 

I don't think so Geno....sounds way different....

Geno

I didn't know, I just knew it mounted to the rearend and was one of a kind. :)

chipwitch

Geno, you didn't make it easy to find... but I did. Trouty56's sickle bar mount is pretty cool, fer sure.

What I'm looking for was a hitch, I believe.  I think it was a sleeve or brinly hitch.  Might have been a 3-pt.   Might have been something else altogether.  :dunno:

I appreciate you giving it a shot though.

scotty

could you be talking about one of those hitch recievers? for like a ball hitch on a truck? if not do you remember if the hitch moved up and down? just taking wild guesses haha.

Edited by scotty

chipwitch

This morning, I remembered part of the discussion, though I don't think it was directly related to the OP.  There was some discussion about the WH factory drawbar's little tongue that rests on the under-side of the transmission.  A couple people were talking about welding a larger piece of steel to the end of the tongue to spread the load on a larger part of the bottom transmission housing.

n1defan

bc32787aed4d0bbad6529b457bb59c0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2