Welsh Wheelhorses

Wheelhorse C160

Welsh Wheelhorses

I have began a rather ambitious restoration of a wheel horse c160 which I paid £15 for unseen. When it was collected I found the rear of the transaxle missing around the hitch. A massive lump of fibreglass was unsuccessfully filling the hole. I welded steel plates in the hole and can't get it to seal where the transaxle splits. I am considering buying a sheet of cork gasket to make a thicker seal from, but I want a hitch and am not really happy with it. Ive tested the pump on my c125 and it's really strong. The c160 was outside for 20+ years and the k341 fired up with fresh fuel and a jump lead on the starter! Would anyone have a transaxle ( no pump or motor) spare for sale? I don't need the gears only the casings. The last photo is where I'm at now. Sorry for the long post. I hope share the whole restoration when I'm done, as I've been taking photos as I'm going along.

Many thanks

Thomas

post-12930-0-33726400-1412182348_thumb.j

post-12930-0-20539200-1412182502_thumb.j

post-12930-0-77284400-1412182622_thumb.j

meadowfield

Hi,

hydros aren't too common in the UK - spares are even rarer....  someone might have a whole transmission, failing that maybe change over to a Unidrive....

mark

Welsh Wheelhorses

Might have to resort to fabricating the hitch " pipe" from a bit of pipe to try and make it look original. The welder has seen a lot of use recently fabricated a new deck shell from 3 mm steel:)

If anyone knows of the castings or a whole trans please let me know.May be willing to pay shipping from USA?

Thanks

Thomas

post-12930-0-37525800-1412184034_thumb.j

post-12930-0-99722500-1412184146_thumb.j

post-12930-0-11885000-1412184198_thumb.j

• Like 4

meadowfield

good work...

might be worth popping over to our sister site myoldmachine.com to say hello and see if anyone can help.... :D

• Like 1

Trouty56

There are rear hitches that bolt only to the axle tubes....not as heavy duty as Scott's but pretty stout....if you can get the tranny to seal.....

• Like 1

Sparky

That deck shell looks incredible!! Well done.

Mike......

• Like 1

Welsh Wheelhorses

Thanks for the replies I will try to repair what I have as the us-uk shipping is so expensive.

Thomas