AMC RULES

Tri Powered 400

AMC RULES

Interesting to note that beefy belt guard you see there...

a few of us were all over it before Ethan showed up...trying to figure out the belt drive, clutch system he used on it...

let me tell you...that belt guard is closed up so tight...the top, bottom, back, sides of it are all enclosed...blocking your view of what's going on in there. 

When asked what he got going on in there...he just smiled and said...a bunch of belts, pulleys, and idlers...like, you know...it's no big deal.    :scared-eek:

• Like 1

GM_Man

Interesting to note that beefy belt guard you see there...

a few of us were all over it before Ethan showed up...trying to figure out the belt drive, clutch system he used on it...

let me tell you...that belt guard is closed up so tight...the top, bottom, back, sides of it are all enclosed...blocking your view of what's going on in there. 

When asked what he got going on in there...he just smiled and said...a bunch of belts, pulleys, and idlers...like, you know...it's no big deal.    :scared-eek:

I guess a magician never reveals his secrets!

AMC RULES

Definitely...     :ychain:         :) 

seemed like he had some black magic going on in there. 

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR ME TO PUT ANOTHER (OR TWO MORE) DIESELS IN MY 1054. RUSS

• Like 6

Wheel-N-It

Jujst when I was winding down for the night, I see this!!! Now all I can think about is "3" K-341's or M16's fitted to my C-165.

Good post Craig! Thank you for something so cool and different!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR ME TO PUT ANOTHER (OR TWO MORE) DIESELS IN MY 1054. RUSS

:omg: Russ, you gotta do it.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

grnlark

That tractor has been around for a while. Very cool indeed. I always thought it would have a bit more appeal though with era correct motors - Kohlers or Clintons.

• Like 2

SousaKerry

Cool factor aside that is a lot of work for only 15 HP.

But what am I talking about I still want to build up that 4 cylinder Wisconsin WH I started a few years ago and it was only 25 HP

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Still dying to see that happen too...was/is still a cool idea    :popcorn:

Jparkes43

Something I want to do is put a beetle or Subaru engine in a wheel horse the turbo Subaru engine with 300 bhp will be very quick and the beetle engine should be good with a few mods, dual carbs

Or if it's power you want why not mod a Onan with twin standard carbs two straight pipes and engine tuning

James

Edited by Jparkes43

Coadster32

I missed this at the show...Thanks for posting this thread up. :thanks:

• Like 1

Triple400

Yes, thank you, just created an account for this WH site.  Really great site from what i have been looking at and reading

to answer some questions, My brother got the tractor in the late 80's Started to restore it, and never finished, so it has been sitting arounfd for a very long time until last year. This 400 was a year long build,.  Sometimes progress was minor and even slow, to leaps forwards in progress.  Parts list, 3-5 hp Industial series briggs engines( picked briggs, for fit, easy to get parts, and easily modifyable, these engines are drag raced, so i have the option to go very radical) Troy Built pony tiller electric start system, 3-plumbling chrome  fittings for the exaust, 3 chrome air cleaners, 3 thecumseh H50 carbs, 1 fuel pump operated from the crankcase pressure, 1- triple snowmobile trottle sysem, 1 john deere belt gaurd/ elevator sheet metal, 8 pulleys, 3 idol pulleys, made the battary box  and used a motorcyle battary for the small space i had left under the seat that was not taken up by the gas tank/ seat bracket, and belt gaurd ,  made and mounted the steering system on  top the middle engines's  L head offset the steering shaft. Deck lever(shortend to fit under air cleaner and remade bracket), reworked clutch/brake pedal, wider tires for the back, 5" ones for the front.  and many more hours with metal brackets, intakes manifolds , air cleaner mounts.  overall i just got it running and driving late spring of this year, I still have to finish it, just not now, maybe next year,, but painting, will not be an option, i kept it as gotten condition and i wanted a Ratrod themed tractor, lot of work just to get it to this point, a lot of EBAY parts since my brother lost a decent amount of the parts he took off

• Like 9

Molon_Labe

Yes, thank you, just created an account for this WH site.  Really great site from what i have been looking at and reading

to answer some questions, My brother got the tractor in the late 80's Started to restore it, and never finished, so it has been sitting arounfd for a very long time until last year. This 400 was a year long build,.  Sometimes progress was minor and even slow, to leaps forwards in progress.  Parts list, 3-5 hp Industial series briggs engines( picked briggs, for fit, easy to get parts, and easily modifyable, these engines are drag raced, so i have the option to go very radical) Troy Built pony tiller electric start system, 3-plumbling chrome  fittings for the exaust, 3 chrome air cleaners, 3 thecumseh H50 carbs, 1 fuel pump operated from the crankcase pressure, 1- triple snowmobile trottle sysem, 1 john deere belt gaurd/ elevator sheet metal, 8 pulleys, 3 idol pulleys, made the battary box  and used a motorcyle battary for the small space i had left under the seat that was not taken up by the gas tank/ seat bracket, and belt gaurd ,  made and mounted the steering system on  top the middle engines's  L head offset the steering shaft. Deck lever(shortend to fit under air cleaner and remade bracket), reworked clutch/brake pedal, wider tires for the back, 5" ones for the front.  and many more hours with metal brackets, intakes manifolds , air cleaner mounts.  overall i just got it running and driving late spring of this year, I still have to finish it, just not now, maybe next year,, but painting, will not be an option, i kept it as gotten condition and i wanted a Ratrod themed tractor, lot of work just to get it to this point, a lot of EBAY parts since my brother lost a decent amount of the parts he took off

You certainly did a fine job on the old Horse and :WRS:

AMC RULES

Glad to see you've joined us here Ethan...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

was starting to wonder what happened to you buddy. :)

:WRS:

Triple400

I will be sending a few more pics to put up on the main if possible, mostly one of the hood looking down, and a similar one with the hood off

• Like 2

Geno

Hello and  :WRS:  looking forward to more pics! 

Firpo701

Yessir! One heckuva job for sure!! Welcome to Redsquare! Looking forward to more pics of this beast! :-)

• Like 1

Coadster32

Yessir! One heckuva job for sure!! Welcome to Redsquare! Looking forward to more pics of this beast! :-)

X2. Welcome aboard. Another CT member. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Sean Keys

That's a great looking machine. Original machine with a touch of Hot Rod.

953 nut

:woohoo:   Fantastic build, Triple400 my hat is off to you, can't wait to see more shots of it!  :WRS: 

:text-welcomeconfetti: 

:text-coolphotos: 

:text-bravo: 

AMC RULES

You need to see it in person.   :text-datsphatyo:

RMCIII

Who here thinks that thing is only pumping out 15hp?

• Like 1

Tim Bergfeld

So if my math is right five Briggs = one onan

Tim

ericj

:text-+1:     :teasing-poke:

eric j

• Like 1

Don1977

I wanna see a Tri Tecky!

Do you really think you can get three Teckies running at the same time. :ychain: You might need a 20 Onan for a starter.

• Like 1