RMCIII

WHAT WILL YOU BE USING TO CLEAR SNOW 2014!!!????

Tankman

All the Horses love snow, plow, plow, plow.

416-8 and 414-8 aren't set up but, here's how they'll look.....shortly.

The 520-8 will be setup too. For what? Grandsons love snow too ya know!   :laughing-rofl:

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

312-8 with 48" blade and a sb421 with a homemade back plow

Now....... that's a weight box

• Like 1

WHEEL HORSE 312-8

I'm cutting that box on half

The rear blade is used for pulling dirt and used for pulling snow away from walls and gates

Jake Kuhn

I will be using my c175 with a blower,c141,with a blade, and the 702,with blade as a backup. Will add some pictures in a few weeks when I get them setup.

• Like 1

RMCIII

312- you gotta post a video of that...

Jake - glad you finally chimed in!

Tank- never to young to start having fun in the snow....

Rob

55rj35jr

Good ole 1067

post-5315-0-40142600-1412038464.jpg

• Like 4

RMCIII

55 - nice set-up..... Plow in the front, wagon in the rear for salt?

That would be neat to see, does anyone have their horse fitted with a salt/sand spreader?

Rob

RMCIII

Well, 1 step closer, to being ready...... Took the deck off and put the snow blower on... Took it over to my neighbor’s house so we could prep it before real cold weather hits. Set the height on the skids, readjusted the chain. Lubed chain. If anyone remembers my dilemma from last year with the belt being torn up. A little earlier in the year I was able to find a broken weld on the inside bearing housing. It is welded, but still seems to want to wobble a bit. Not much, but just enough that it has me wondering...... Anyway, also trued the main pulley 1 more time, to make sure the "on and off" angle of the belt was evenly split.

Once all that was done, I dropped the blower again, pressure washed the deck before I put it back on. Hit all the zerts on the tractor and mower and re-attached the deck....BTW, maybe just me, but after 2 years I have finally found a simple way to re-attach the deck..... Call me just a little slow...... My issue had always been the front attachment bar. I would try and get that attached first.... I would always have issues getting it just right and then tripping the lever to release the clamps to hold it in place.... Then I would attach the lift arms.... Well, dummy me, got the idea to attach the lift arms first, then raise the lift arms, and what do you think happens when you raise the lift arms? It also raises the front bar that fits nice and neat, right into the front attachment.... Genius idea ROB! :banghead:  :banghead: Takes all of 30 seconds to complete these steps now where it use to take me anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes…… :text-imnewhere:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl: 

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

Just received the glass windshield, wiper and mirror for the snow cab that will be on the 523Dxi. Also, finally broke down and ordered the JB Sleeve Hitch so I can use a rear grading blade for in front of garage doors while using the 523Dxi with the blower. Three week backlog- but I don't think that I have to worry about snow during that time. :ychain:

I'm still cutting grass, and the leaves have yet to turn! I still have to use the Cyclone Rake yet.

• Like 2

RMCIII

John - you will love the glass windshield and wiper option for the cab. I can't tell you how many times I used it last year.

Rob

Fun Engineer

Shallowwatersailer, Let me know how you like the JB Sleeve Hitch once you get it installed and have a chance to use it. I'm looking at it for my JD X530 instead of the JD Integral Power Lift which can not be used at the same time as the blower.

Are you using a Original Cab on your 523?

shallowwatersailor

Hi Dave,

Yes, the OTC cab is going on the 523Dxi. It has the factory clevis hitch installed but you can only use one attachment at a time due to the hydraulics. So that is coming off to be replaced by the JB sleeve hitch. I was originally going to put the JB on the 520xi which is getting the plow this year to drag snow away but then realized that I can just back-drag with the front plow. I will be limited with the snowthrower so that's why the re-think. I don't need it for mine but for my neighbors I do.

I hemmed and hawed over it. I thought of just getting the Uni-Bucket  and use a motor from my JB bucket. John at JB is pretty firm in his thinking and marketing. Not difficult but not consumer oriented either. Must have a strong business, especially with a backlog! I'll let you know.

John

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

Dgibby

I will be using my first Wheel Horse.

Just got a free 314-8 and went out and picked up a snow blower attachment.

101a4df96dd33d73b8329017d2979841.jpg

d215db65750cf9ff80e7da872b7bdcab.jpg

0c13d4a9a9114208d6a99d164706c6bd.jpg

• Like 6

RMCIII

DG - Welcome again.... That blower looks practically new... You could not tell in your other photo.. WOW! Where did you find the blower?

Rob

Dgibby

DG - Welcome again.... That blower looks practically new... You could not tell in your other photo.. WOW! Where did you find the blower?

Rob

I got it from in Westminister MA he was selling it on Cl. It's a 97 and it looks new .

I got it from a guy in Westminister MA he was selling it on Cl. It's a 97 and it looks new .

He told me about this site maybe he is a member. Edited by Dgibby

whfan74

Well dad and I swap tractors around for snow removal duty with each other.

As of right now the 518xi and the 522xi have blades on them.  The 312-H and the 417-A both have cabs and single stage tall chute blowers on them.  The 312-8 might get a blade put on it as well to goof around on. 

My son is getting a blade all redone to put on his 500 Special from Santa...........shhhhh he doesn't know yet but has been wanting one for a very long time!

Who knows what else might end up on snow removal duty.....the nice thing is the first 4 tractors are snow duty only.  We are lucky enough to not have to swap attachments around each season.  Change fluids, keep batteries in order, and hop in and go!

• Like 1

Stepney

Sorry.. my Horses don't like snow. I'm using a 1969 Bolens Tube Frame 1256 with a snow blower, and a plow. 

• Like 2

Indy520H

I hope this arrangement will work well

post-7994-0-04896800-1412190474_thumb.jp

• Like 3

ben06351

Just received the glass windshield, wiper and mirror for the snow cab that will be on the 523Dxi. Also, finally broke down and ordered the JB Sleeve Hitch so I can use a rear grading blade for in front of garage doors while using the 523Dxi with the blower. Three week backlog- but I don't think that I have to worry about snow during that time. :ychain:

I'm still cutting grass, and the leaves have yet to turn! I still have

Love to see the Cyclone Rake mentioned. I have the "Classic" and the "XL" Love em both.

Made right here in CT!!

Edited by ben06351

Fun Engineer

Just received my Original Tractor Cab and glass windshield. New tractor is supposed to be delivered Monday. [emoji2]Can't wait.

• Like 2

RMCIII

Scott - you being part of the Moderator team know the RULES!!!! :wwp:  :text-worthless:  :laughing-rofl:

Step - Does not have to red, just show us what you GOT!

Indy - Did the Horse off to the right receive a fresh coat of paint? Looking good! :bow-blue:

Fun - see response to Scott! :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

Tim Bergfeld

Hey all you horse guys I have a question anyone ever use a 520 h to plow with. I have one way back in the corner of a barn and have been thinking of dragging it out for winter to play with. But I have been wanting this simplicity to be finished to use it I have been obsessed with it. That's kinda my thing I buy them get them running then park them and move on to the next project anyway how does the 520h plow

Tim

Edited by Tim Bergfeld
  • Like 1

ericj

Hey all you horse guys I have a question anyone ever use a 520 h to plow with. I have one way back in the corner of a barn and have been thinking of dragging it out for winter to play with. But I have been wanting this simplicity to be finished to use it I have been obsessed with it. That's kinda my thing I buy them get them running then park them and move on to the next project anyway how does the 520h plow

Tim

GREAT,did i say that it plowed GREAT. last year my 90 520-H with Carlisle 23x10.50x12 on plowed as good as my 416-H with Carlisle 23x8.50x12 with chains on basically the same tractor but a lot  of difference in the way they plow

eric j

• Like 4

Coadster32

Trusty 854.

pics055.jpg

(can't seem to link photobucket video to this)

Edited by Coadster32
  • Like 3