Vinylguy

Decal Dimensions And Identification Help

Vinylguy

192177472_1979B-81SIXSPEEDDECALSET.jpg.a51a31397e1071463fc84fb2f674b1ca.jpg

1 hour ago, Snoop@ICI said:

I have a 1979 B-81 Vin: 92-08BP01 and I could really use the dimensions of the decals on that please.

Edited by Vinylguy

c-series don
On 11/28/2018 at 12:00 PM, Vinylguy said:

This is as far as I have gotten on this illustration. Finally got the carburetor done last night. Now to try and get the wording done and make it fit. 

Letter style and spacing is difficult to get as original but the main thing is to make it look and read cleanly. Again I will do my best but the fonts will not be exactly as original.

This is the first time I have seen this decal in the 12 years I have been working on Wheel horse graphics. 

Thanks for your patience

681336117_underhooddecal.jpg.4dc784da33e5443315b531f5e8833f1d.jpg

I have most of the 78-79 C-series made and I too have never seen that decal ! 

JJ Barnett
On 2/11/2011 at 5:40 PM, squonk said:

Thanks Terry. As soon as the weather breaks I'll get things dragged out and get an order list together. Mike

Need front hood sticker above headlights on 88 520 h

Vinylguy
1 hour ago, JJ Barnett said:

Need front hood sticker above headlights on 88 520 h

Please understand that my reproduction decals for the 85 thru 89 3 4 and 500 series tractors

will not match exactly the original colors. The front hood decals on these tractors were usually the first to get scratched by branches.

Not trying to upsell here but just making sure you are aware that when one of my hood decals is installed next to a 30 year old original

you will notice the difference. You are welcome to call me with any questions or concerns.

Thanks

Terry

309 - 3 five five - 560 six

https://www.redoyourhorse.com/1-front-hood-decal/

• Like 1

JJ Barnett

How much for front of hood decal above headlights for 88 520 h?

Jeff-C175

@Vinylguy

I'm getting ready to start repairing and repainting my hood.  I've already got the full decal set waiting in the wings.

But I'm curious about something.  Here's my existing front of hood decal:

image.png.84d253061781da60a6d9332fcb36c677.png

Note that this decal almost covers the entire raised section of hood.  The other machines I've seen have only the horse logo and  that's what I got with my decal set.

Now I'm curious... Did WH change the front of hood decal later on to eliminate the large decal with the pinstripe border?

Terry, is this on your site and I just missed it?

Anyone else with a black hood, does yours have the pinstriped full size decal, or just the small logo decal?

Also, I guess I never looked closely enough, but I never noticed the " R " on the logo before, presume that means "R"egistered as in Trademark?

image.png.8680aa2f18ce6f9adc7d0611d7a8032a.png 

SylvanLakeWH

Only have the small “head only” logo on the three Black Hoods I have / had…

:twocents-twocents:

• Like 1

cschannuth

The 78 and 79 headlights and decals were different from the later blackhoods. I’ll try to get a picture of my 78 later today and put it on here.

Vinylguy

Thanks

Vinylguy
2 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

@Vinylguy

I'm getting ready to start repairing and repainting my hood.  I've already got the full decal set waiting in the wings.

But I'm curious about something.  Here's my existing front of hood decal:

image.png.84d253061781da60a6d9332fcb36c677.png

Note that this decal almost covers the entire raised section of hood.  The other machines I've seen have only the horse logo and  that's what I got with my decal set.

Now I'm curious... Did WH change the front of hood decal later on to eliminate the large decal with the pinstripe border?

Terry, is this on your site and I just missed it?

Anyone else with a black hood, does yours have the pinstriped full size decal, or just the small logo decal?

Also, I guess I never looked closely enough, but I never noticed the " R " on the logo before, presume that means "R"egistered as in Trademark?

This is the design I did for Martin years ago. Check my dimensions?

753612798_martinfronthoodblackhoods.jpg.9ad370f327b1f7ee49241f1fda7f60b1.jpg

JCM

Here is a pic of my 1984  C-165. Looks like the Black mask was repainted with the original decal taped over to save it by a PO.

DSCN0134.JPG

• Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
12 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

Check my dimensions?

I'm heading out to the shop shortly... will do!  thanks Terry!

OH, and BTW, mine is an '80 model.

Edited by Jeff-C175

Jeff-C175
7 minutes ago, JCM said:

1984  C-165

That's the one that I got in the 'kit' from Terry.  So sometime between 80 and 84 it looks as if they did away with the full face decal and went to the single logo with a border around

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, cschannuth said:

get a picture of my 78

Thanks, I'm interested in seeing that.

cschannuth
3 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Thanks, I'm interested in seeing that.

Below is the response I was going to give you but I can’t attach any photos to this for some reason. I’m assuming that I’m  up to date on my subscription but it doesn’t even give me the option to post a photo so I don’t know what’s going on. If you want to send me your email address I’d be happy to email you the pictures I took this evening.

Here are a couple of pictures along with the dimensions of that single decal. It is 1.75 inches square.  This is on a 1978 C-161 Briggs twin. 

Jeff-C175

single decal. It is 1.75 inches square

Oh... I thought that maybe you had the one with the border.  That's cool, thanks for trying!  It does look like your membership has run out because your name is not red.

cschannuth
1 minute ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Oh... I thought that maybe you had the one with the border.  That's cool, thanks for trying!  It does look like your membership has run out because your name is not red.

Hmm...thought it renewed a couple months ago. Thanks 

Jeff-C175
3 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

renewed

Well, you're RED now!  :banana-wrench:

• Excellent 1

cschannuth
14 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Well, you're RED now!  :banana-wrench:

Yep. All good. Here are the pics if they help. 87E3C70A-586A-4308-A42F-85D98DE1BCA6.jpeg.b4bf02ed9b3d83585870b3bf94340d05.jpeg3E6DCEA4-EEDE-4A71-BDE3-4BFF5F6A5CD8.jpeg.684bb38f5881602f19c424f244fb17f8.jpegF7AA7E71-D427-4F27-8E8A-D42FB07066C6.jpeg.35ae51c54b82ab27d96aa54f4de7f6cd.jpeg

• Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
5 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

This is the design I did for Martin years ago. Check my dimensions?

753612798_martinfronthoodblackhoods.jpg.9ad370f327b1f7ee49241f1fda7f60b1.jpg

Those are pretty close, but not exactly exact.  I measured VERY carefully!  I wish I had a CAD program to do this with.

The sides are a bit more parallel, only 1/8 difference between top width and bottom width,

The SILVER border is 3/32 wide, and the black outside border is also 3/32 wide.

What I did is measure to the INSIDE edge of the silver border and add to that 4 times 3/32 to arrive at the OUTSIDE dimension of the label because my label is buggered up at the outside edges.

I found the CENTER of the decal and measured up and down from there.

How's this?  understandable?

image.png.ba268dac345f888c802feb4e4b655668.png

Jeff-C175

pics

They changed the hood stamping also.  That area on yours doesn't have the raised portion that JCM's and mine do, that's nearly flat.

Your 161 looks GREAT!  Do you know if that's the original decal?  ( or did you already tell us that? getting old sucks! )

image.png.4f64a28d8e02e77540ba5b54540637ad.png

image.png.e082bae09321507eb99cba6eed0ffabc.png

image.png.e9a399d9b2cf00c1f57cc43243a8bfdc.png

So they went from flat with the small decal, to raised with the big decal, then raised with the small decal again.

cschannuth
7 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Do you know if that's the original decal?  ( or did you already tell us that? getting old sucks! )

This is my dad‘s tractor and he was the type that would get a little carried away with the rattle can over the years but he never actually repainted everything. If he got a scratch here or there he might touch some things up. However, I think that when I brought this old girl home I did repaint that satin black area and I must’ve gotten a new decal at some point. It doesn’t look like I taped the sticker and painted around it but I guess it’s possible that I got lucky and did a pretty good job.