Rollerman

Snow plow info

mitchell72

TT i have a c-145 and recently acquired a plow. the issue that i have is my tractor does not have the mounting bracket on the back for me to be able to install the plow. i saw that your posted a diagram do you have any idea where i may be able to get the part?

mr.pipes

TT i have a c-145 and recently acquired a plow. the issue that i have is my tractor does not have the mounting bracket on the back for me to be able to install the plow. i saw that your posted a diagram do you have any idea where i may be able to get the part?

I don't know the part number but people call it the rear plow bracket. If you search Ebay "wheel horse rear bracket" you will see item #'s 170694975664

You could post a wanted ad here in the classifieds and someone might be able to hook you up or get one from Ebay. There was a guy who was reproducing them and selling them on Ebay but I haven't noticed it lately.

Good luck!

:thumbs2:

EDIT: You are going to need this type of bracket if you have the attach-a-matic system which the C-145 should. The bracket that TT posted is for earlier tractors than yours.

plowbracket004.jpg

plowbracket003.jpg

plowbracket002.jpg

plowbracket001.jpg

Rat Fink

Just to clarify, I could get a modern-type long frame plow and attach it to my short-frame 1964 854? All I'd have to do is relocate the rear axle mounting crossmember/pin thing to the forward hole and everything else will line up? I see a couple of the modern ones for sale on craigslist.

• Like 1

Rollerman

A long frame snow plow "frame" will work on your 854 if it has the optional mounting holes in it to move the bar forward & back.

Not all are set up that way & have the bar welded at the back.

The blade pictured in the C list add (PS read the rules regarding C list adds) will not fit...it's set up for a D series, or C 195 & might weigh more than your 854.

Rat Fink

Haha okay. I was afraid that plow was overkill. There's some 48" plows around here as well that I'll check out. Thanks for the info.

chevrat68

I have a "snow" blade that I can't find a S/N or model but it has 5 way angle? It's on my raider 14 but it will not lock into the last two positions because it hits the tires. You wouldn't happen to know what model and about what year it is?

mr.pipes

I have a "snow" blade that I can't find a S/N or model but it has 5 way angle? It's on my raider 14 but it will not lock into the last two positions because it hits the tires. You wouldn't happen to know what model and about what year it is?

Can you post a picture?

Rollerman

Like "Mr Pipes" commented we'd really need a pic to help or identify.

The later style snow plows went from a left/center/right angle to haveing 5 holes for the lock pin to catch...so more options on how far you'd want to angle the blade.

Since it's on a Raider I would have a look at the bracket on the transaxle & make sure it's mounted center & below the tubes.

Also if the pin at the back of the blade frame is removeable, make sure it's set all the way to the back of the frame.

The later plow frames were adjustable...you could move the mounting pin forward on the frame to use on an early style short frame.

So if your blade is rubbing the front wheels on a "stock?" Raider...the only think I can assume is the pin is moved into the optional holes for a short frame? :dunno:

chevrat68

can't get pics to load on this web page!

1973Auto

Hello all, wondering if anyone has or can post a picture of where the lifting arm mounts to the frame. Mine blew out today while I was plowing. So before I start to fab, I need to see exactly where it mounts, also one side of the mounting rod broke off, so I may be doing some work on that too. Thanks for the help. I am getting use to the new site, I posted this at the start of the thread.

Tankman

Thanks for the info. Years ago I made my own frame, looked just like the ones pictured above.

I had found a 'dozer' blade, my frame and blade worked fine.

I too, think ground engaging when I hear 'plow.' I had a one blade plow, welded on a 2" x 1" bent "Z" bar mounting the plow

to the old Horse' sleeve hitch. The old 8 hp Wheel Horse worked great. I made a front bumper and used

suitcase weights to keep the front down so I could see ahead. :woohoo:

What length snow/dozer blade mount does the '73 12 hp automatic that I just started fixin' up use?

Might anyone have a dimensioned drawing for this old steel worker to use?

woodbird007

Thanks for all the information and pictures guys. the dimensions for the A frames help a lot two. I have two early A frame blade frames, one short and one long from my dad's mid 60s tractors. I then adapted the long frame one to my mid 70s B80 and B100. still have the footrest off one side to clear the pivot lever. Then I picked up a 50"grader blade without the mount. No problem I thought, I'll just hook it up to my snow blade mount. Very frustrated when I found out it didn't fit. Solved that last week when I picked up a another B80. This one didn't come with a blade, but it had the newer style mount attached. $80 for a tractor that I quickly got running AND the mount I have been needing. One question, can my B 100 automatic handle the 50" grader blade?

woodbird007

Hi again. got curious about wheelbases and checked my tractors. 875 and 856 are true short frames. I measured 41". My two 1974 B 80 4speeds and my 1975 B100 Auotomatic are 43 1/2" but my 1976 B 80 8 speed is 45 1/2".

Jim in Kalamazoo

Tankman

Yours falls under the new long frame tractor which is this one:

f6c968fd.jpg

This is the more common plow and will fit the C-Series, 300 and 400 series tractors.

I just picked up, bad shape, the above dozer blade and frame. Was/is missing the angle release upright handle.

Also missing are part number/model number? How does the frame hookup to the lift on the tractor.

Do I just use the pin on the tractors lifting flat bar as the mower deck uses?

I intend to set this up on the (also new to me) my 414-8 1988 Wheel Horse.

dsholler

Both this post and the attachment chart now got me a bit confused. I was looking at a plow that was said to be from a B series tractor.. would it fit on my 414 because it is a regular long frame? Is the rear bracket the same one that I would need?

Sparky

It will fit if its off a B-60 or B-80 or B-100. There were a few verticle shaft machines(lawn tractors, not garden tractors) with a "B" designation. If its off one of those it will not fit.

Mike.......

Tankman

Well I'm confused on that one Terry?

I'm thinking the Commando's are short frame?

They made a Commando 6 & 8...& I think an odd ball model 800 too that would have the 10" rear rims

Terry could you get a pic of your buddies tractor & plow?

The Commando 800, one of which I bought and sold, did have 10" rear rims (pic in my gallery). I only purchased for the blade and angle lever ass'y.

I took, blade(42" like new) only swapping it for a bent one(48") I had, and the vertical angle adjust handle. I cut the vertical flatbar and welded a 2" offset to it.

Blade and handle work fine, installed on my 414-8.

EZRYDER

I read this topic because there ia a guy on CL with  a 39" WH blade that I was looking at. I was interested in possible fit for my C-121. In reading  I did not see anything like his frame. Here is a picture.  Can anyone identify it?

post-9379-0-36077100-1370654230.jpg

Sparky

Probably for a verticle shaft "lawn tractor". It wont fit your C-121.

Mike...........

EZRYDER

Thanks Mike,

If anyone could be more specific as to tractors it would fit I would like to help this guy out who is trying to sell his deceased grandfathers plow.

Larry

gwest_ca

Lawn Ranger blade?

Garry

• Like 1

Tankman

I'm going to extend a frame to use on my '90 520-8 which has the swept forward front axle.

My thinking leads me to believe I could extend the frame 4" at a point before (front) of the indexing lever.

I would then have to lengthen (1) the angle release pin rod (1/8" Ø) and, (2) lengthen the 1/2" Ø rod that actually angles the blade.

Any thoughts appreciated (and encouraged). :smile:

Some of the parts are available online (http://www.lindstromwheelhorse.com/pages/OemParts#%2fToro_Consumer%2f106-8256%2c_48in_Snow%2f%2fDozer_Blade_Conversion_Kit%2c_Yard_and_Garden_Tractors%2fLIFT_PLATE_AND_DOZER_EXTENSION_ASSEMBLY%2f106-8256-27236-NONE%2f3351-611-371614-0002).

More here (http://www.lindstromwheelhorse.com/pages/OemParts#/Toro_Consumer/106-8256%2c_48in_Snow%2f%2fDozer_Blade_Conversion_Kit%2c_Yard_and_Garden_Tractors/BLADE_LEVER_AND_DOZER_EXTENSION_ASSEMBLY/106-8256-27236-NONE/3351-611-371613-0001).

Is the frame overall length 4" or 4-1/2" longer? I'm going to use plow frame from my 400 series Horses.

I'm going to use formed 12 ga CRS channels:

[2] pcs 2" x 1-3/8" x 4-1/2" long, one each side of the frame;

[2] pcs 1-3/4" x 1-1/4" x 12" long channels, inside the existing frame for additional strength.

I intend to install the two 12" long pcs with the "legs" inside the existing frame, boxing the frame 12" long to add strength to the two 4-1/2" long fab'd channels.

EZRYDER

Thanks Garry. That was excellent. It will certainly help my CL contact sell his blade.

EZRYDER

Larry

sorekiwi

With so many plow questions lately, this one needs to get bumped up to the top.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

The first 5-position blade was 1991 model 06-48BC03

Garry