Geno

How did you come up with your screen name here?

Molon_Labe

Mine is what I was born with, I use the M_ because my God given first name is Major (long story) and most folks confuse that with the rank. I am a USAF veteran of 40 years ago but my rank was SSgt though I had a lot of fun on the telephone when announcing "this is Sergeant Major Bailey" if you were ever in the military you would know what kind of reaction that would illicit on the other end of the conversation. So for anyone reading this, it's okay to call me either Major or M_Bailey. :)

Edited by M_Bailey
  • Like 3

Vinylguy

I've had a lot of people try to figure mine out and they never come close. I started using cruisnblue in 2003 when I bought a new '03 blue PT Cruiser. I was also a fastpitch and slowpitch softball umpire at that time. Players affectionately called us "Hey Blue" because of the color of our umpire uniforms. So, I was the Blue with the Cruiser. Then about a year later 2004, I bought a 1960 era early modified vintage dirt track race car that was pretty much junk, apparently a race car that somebody starting building in the early '60s but was never finished. I have been a dirt track racing fan all of my life and this car reminded me of the old race cars from the '60s when I was a kid. It took me about six years to finish this car and now the past four years, I've been driving this old race car at show and exihibition track time events at all of the local south central PA dirt tracks when they have vintage race car nights. I was 48 years old when I bought this vintage race car, painted it metallic blue and put a number 48 on it. So, now I am cruisnblue48.

Well that explains everything. Lettered a lot of dwarf cars back in the day.

gallery_74_452_127820.png

Edited by Vinylguy
  • Like 2

Vinylguy

I use XRAIL for most accounts as I was a Conductor on the old BN railroad for 22 years.

took a buy out in 93 (another story) and some how got into the Vinyl Sign business. 

Great Thread BTW

• Like 2

JC 1965

JC is my initials and 1965 was a good and bad year for me. Good, I started dating my wife, I graduated high school. Bad, I got drafted into the army.    :hide:

• Like 3

857 horse

FIRST TRACTOR WAS A 401....#2 #3 AND #4 WERE 857'S

MY WIFE THINKS THERE ARE JUST 2 MODELS..

LLLOLOLO

857 HORSE,,,,AND DAD AND POP POP,,, AND CAN ANSWER TO HOWARD

• Like 1

Deer Whisperer

Deer Whisperer: Just finishing my 27th. year raising whitetail deer. At 25 years I wrote a book about the trails and tribulations of raising brown,white and albino deer .Check out

www.deerwhispererbook.com to read the first 2 chapters. Retired after 50 years as a building contractor. I bought my first wheelhorse C120 in 1977 and it still is working.

• Like 3

Geno

Wow, that is really cool!   :handgestures-thumbsup:

speedyleedy

My name came from my family's racing back ground my dad & mom both raced stock car's plus my brother ! We have all raced & rode motorcycle's  so that was my nickname in school because I always had the need for speed & my last name was Leedy  So that's how you come up with ( Speedyleedy ) !

• Like 1

jetmandan

My other "addiction" is boat building. One of my first boats was a 15' skiff that I built around a pair of Briggs & Stratton powered trash pumps. Boat was a hit at the local boat shows, someone asked my name and a buddy yelled out "JetMan", the name stuck. The boat is long gone, we burned it after a major frame failure while fishing in the ocean.

Link to a short video of mt jet boat idling at the dock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37tCtlztX4s&list=UUK3E0Pur68BzWQi7H3YwIGQ

Dan

a.k.a. Jet Man Dan

• Like 1

Live4outdoors

I think mine is self explanatory, ever since I was a little kid I loved the outdoors from hunting to fishing to camping and everything in between so therefore I live for the outdoors...

• Like 1

kudzu3

Here in North GA we have an abundance of a creepy, crawly ugly vine called kudzu. It was brought from China a lot of years ago to stop erosion. Now it is everywhere, and when it gets started, there's no stopping it. When I was in the air force years ago, during security police training at Whiteman AFB MO, an instructor asked me where I was from, Georgia, I responded, he looked me straight in the eye and said... "kudzu!". The name kinda stuck. :eusa-think: Apparently there are two more because I had to add the "3" for this site.

• Like 1

nylyon

I wanted to have a unique name which I could use on almost any forum.  While I was born and raised in New Jersey, I spent a short time living in Connecticut then moved to NY in 1993 (and at the same time bought my 416-H new).  One day I was thinking of the several states which I lived in and thought that I am a NY Lyon now, or NYLyon.  

• Like 2

"D"- Man

I am currently doing a resto-mod on an 18 Automatic converting it to a 23 Automatic, in addition I also hope to tweek it with some parts that are similar to those that were standard equipment on the LSE models. Hence the name 23 Automatic LSE. I am planning on documenting the reassembly for posting on RS. Mark

post-3038-0-47325300-1419481508_thumb.jp

• Like 7

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup:  Gorgeous  :wh: right there.   :bow-blue: 

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Jersey,,,,,,,cause thats where I live

hawg,,,,,,from riding harleys. My bike plate was 97hog

Glenn

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Jersey,,,,,,,cause thats where I live

hawg,,,,,,from riding harleys. My bike plate was 97hog

Glenn

Well that makes perfect sense Glenn. Guess I should have used Illinois / Valkyrie

But my plate was not 97VALK  It was HDSLYR which got me a lot of flack from all my HD riding Buddies. :laughing-rolling:

I sure miss this Bike. what a ride.

gallery_74_452_478783.png

Edited by Vinylguy
  • Like 1

Ironman

Disabled former Iron Worker due to a fall on the job, but it's all good...I still love all things Iron (Metal in general) and what better hobby to get into than restoring old iron Wheel Horses! 

• Like 2

bitten

Bitten by the Wheel Horse bug.

Edited by bitten
  • Like 2

Docwheelhorse

My mother... simple as that. I got my first Wheel Horse in 1984 @ age 13.... then my second shortly therafter---spent all summer shoe horning in a different motor (first one long gone...) Mom started calling me Doc. Wheelhorse and walla Docwheelhorse.... my Avatar is my first tractor... its in my garage under a blanket and signed by Cecil the last time he was at the WHCC show...

Tony

• Like 3

wheel-mule

Back when I was a kid,I think I was 12(43 yrs ago).I bought my 1st Wheel Horse. My Dad was a (dare I say)John Deere guy.We also had a donkey.One day we were out in the barn and Dad was helping me on the horse turning it into a puller, and when a wrench sliped and he hit and busted open his knuckles.He called the Wheel  horse ---Damned old mule, from there we called the tractor Wheel-mule.Friends(?)started calling me Wheel-mule plus my Dad said I was as stubborn as a mule.

Edited by wheel-mule
  • Like 3

953 nut

:text-goodpost:   What can I tell you, I am Nuts about 953s. 

• Like 3

ebinmaine

Searching for something else I found this thread. 

Always enjoy the answers so I'm bumpifying it to the forefront. 

Newer folks?

How's 'bout it?

Mike in NC

I go by Mike and I live in North Carolina. Started using this name on Smokstak, and so I use it on most forums.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Handy Don

Seemed an apt description, with a nod to Red Green.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
27 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

a nod to Red Green.

Red Green is the man!!