Geno

How did you come up with your screen name here?

Motor Head110

Mine is because I'm a Motorhead and my first tractor was a allis chalmers b110

• Like 1

Terry M

Thought I'd use my very original first name nobody else here has.....

Edited by Terry M
  • Like 2

Pocketraisins

My friends used to say I was nuts. For that matter, they still do.

I thought the name suited me. :)

• Like 1

Geno

Chocolatecoveredpocketraisins would be cool too.   :text-woo:

shallowwatersailor

I enlisted in the Coast Guard in '69. Coasties have a number of nicknames: Holligans Navy, Puddle Pirates, and Shallow Water Sailors (probably thought up by a Squid :ychain: ). The two jokes that I remember were:

1. We wear the US Treasury seal on our right sleeve (long history of the service.) That was the indicator of how deep the water could be to sail on.
  2. We had to be six feet tall in case the ship sank - so that we could walk to shore.

With all of that, I chose "shallowwatersailor."

• Like 6

SousaKerry

Well mine goes back a long ways to the first days of the interweb thingie.  1995 I logged into a BBS for the first time and it asked for a screen name.  What the heck was a screen name?  At the time I had a 2 year old nephew who was obsessed with my tuba that I played an a local community band.  Every time he saw me he called me Tuba.

A few months later I messed up my account and had to create a new one.  So I decided to jazz up the name and call myself Sousa after both the sousaphone and it's inventor John Phillip Sousa.  A few more years go by and Sousa is an account name that is often already taken, I guess some people actually have that last name...sheesh.  Anyways I added the Kerry as it is my first name and ain't nobody gonna have Sousakerry already.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Another great story :thanks:  For sharing.   What an interesting thread this has become , allowing us to learn more about the interests and hobbies of other members.

:text-thankyouyellow:  for starting it Geno.

• Like 2

Geno

It is really cool to see why people do things the way they do.  I've learned a whole lot of cool stuff in this one!    :text-woo: 

Only about 10,00 more to go!   :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

Coadster32

My old cat was named Cody. Back then I had just gotten a boat, and named it Coadster after him. 32 is was my street address at the time.

Good topic. Back on the old RS site, the same topic was started, and it had a bunch of pages to it, with a lot of the "senior members" participating. (can't seem to find that link though)

• Like 1

JimD

My old cat was named Cody. Back then I had just gotten a boat, and named it Coadster after him. 32 is was my street address at the time.

Good topic. Back on the old RS site, the same topic was started, and it had a bunch of pages to it, with a lot of the "senior members" participating. (can't seem to find that link though)

I searched for it too Chris and got nowhere. It might have been lost in the transfer.

Oh by the way, mine is first name last initial. Sometimes I still forget it.. :teasing-tease:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

OOOOH!    :eusa-think: 

I always wondered.   :ychain: 

• Like 2

tunahead72

I don't remember, I was really drunk at the time... :ychain:

Seriously, long-time Jefferson Airplane / Hot Tuna fan, first saw Tuna live in 1972, I was like 3 years old. :)

Great thread, Geno, thanks for getting it started!

• Like 3

rayshorses

My first name is Ray , and i have wheelhorses...so after a few days of pondering ,i came up with rayshorses.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:eusa-doh:                     :techie-eureka:                  :hilarious:

My first name is Ray , and i have wheelhorses...so after a few days of pondering ,i came up with rayshorses.

• Like 1

Kennedy

Just my last name.

Mark

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

I find this completely bizzare but my name is my train repair business. Even before tractors I have been repairing trains from all scales and vintage. But I specialize in LGB trains made in Germany. I find this most wierd that someone elses handle is based on the same thing. Small world I guess .... lol

The Roundhouse RnR = The Roundhouse Repair n' Restoration. The Roundhouse is where the ole steam loco's would come for maint. and minor repair. Would be sent to the back shops for major overhaul.

So there you have it! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Geno

I've been tempted to PM you to see what yours meant, thanks!   :)

Fun Engineer

I was in the Municipal Parks and Recreation field since I was in high school. In one of my positions I ran a year round recreation department, among other things. When I left that job in the late 90's one of my coworkers gave me a t-shirt at my going away party that said Fun Engineer on the back.

I thought it would be an interesting screen name and get people wondering. I use it for almost all my online forums.

• Like 3

stratostar250

I made mine like 8 years ago. I had two guitars, a fender Stratocaster and an Ibanez roadstar. So I just blended them together, and at the time the number 250 just sounded good at the end of it and it stuck! Although after my new wheel horse hobby, maybe I should add a D right before the 250 XD

• Like 1

Digger 66

The first part is what my V-bar rears do & the second part is the year I was born . 

• Like 1

fanaticx

My brother helped me setup my first email account and at the time I was really into the band static X. We tried multiple things and came up with fan of static X and blended it together to come up with fanaticx. It was taken so yahoo suggested fanaticx _ 19 99. 1999 was the year.

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

I am an electrical/electronics engineer and was a theater lighting technician when i was picking usernames.

bms - My Initials

gaffer - A lighting technician/engineer.

:handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 2

Dual Drive Horse

Mine was simple, I drive the only Dual Drive Horse in the UK, which as far as I know was the first one built, though there are a couple in the USA now I believe.

• Like 2

Desko

Everyone at school calls me Desko or in a teachers case its Mr.Desko.

Desko=last name- nick name

• Like 1

Stigian

Stig as in "Stig of the dump" because that's how I look most of the time :)  

And Ian as it just happens to be my name :D

• Like 2