Martin

Geneseo, IL Antique Engine & Tractor Show Sept 12, 13 and 14 2014

Martin

Going to make the effort to get to this show this year. seeing its only around 5 miles away i think i should! Heres the flyer.....

antiquengine_broch2014-final.pdf

there was a thread on last years show here.....

i will be going on the Saturday, would be nice to have a real large Wheel Horse showing, one of the organizers (a few of us met him at the Jacksonville show last year) assures he is setting aside a good size area for us. I guess the size would depend on how many turn up on the day, but he says he will make room for anybody that comes.

Edited by Martin
  • Like 2

dclarke

I'm planning on it, Martin.

• Like 1

smokin joe

Well since you guys are gonna be there I'll try to get the day off work.

• Like 1

Terry M

I have this show on my calendar....and I'd really like to go.... ,  but I'll have to see how things are at work before I say "yes I'll be there"....we'll see :)

• Like 1

CasualObserver

I'm so bummed... I'll be about 30 miles away but can't go! My sister is getting married, otherwise I'd be there.

Via Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I am planning on it...at least Saturday.  :)

• Like 1

Martin

Just had a visit from one of the guys involved in this show, I'm not going to mention any names, but some of you that have met him at past shows know who i am talking about.

He visited for a while and filled me in on some of the problems that have come up involving the garden tractors part of the show. without getting into any politics, I'm going to recommend anybody coming any distance with tractors to hold off on this show for this year. its disappointing but I'm probably not going to be showing anything. i might go and look around, but won't be dragging the trailer full of tractors there.

Im sorry i can't go into any more details on here, but this is the internet, anybody can read this and i don't want to cause any more problems for the guy concerned......

• Like 1

dclarke

Thanks for the info, Martin. I'll scratch it off my list.

• Like 1

ol550

:banghead:  :banghead:  Just when I thought about going.  Maybe they need some of this :kbutt:  or :baseball: .

• Like 2

jwl

this show has had this GT problem for several yrs, and its one of the reason I don't attend it any more. The last time it came up big, the rumor was the Gt's wouldn't be allowed to plow. Its a shame, as the garden area had many entry's, and was getting bigger.

• Like 1

Terry M

Well...I guess I don't have to worry about whether or not I'll be able to make this one. :handgestures-thumbdown:  I'll be scratching this show off my list for sure.