Zeus55

1961 WH701 restoration

Zeus55

How is the hood coming along. Excited to see finished tactor. Hope all is going well and waiting for the finished pictures.  :happy-bouncygreen:   :flags-texas:

Working on it... lots of cracks and metal fatigue. There are also 4 holes in the hood that I'm filling; 2 big holes each side for lights, and a couple of smaler ones. I won't put any lighting on it.

Should be finished this week.

Edited by Zeus55

Wishin4a416

Everything loos good. You do some nice work!

Martin

nice work on your build so far.

what sort of screen do you have on the flywheel pulley? its hard to see in the pics what is there, but these engines rely on a good intake of air through that area to cool them, especially at max rpm. like i said its hard to see what you have on there as a mesh type screen, but i would try and make sure that it has at least the same amount of area of open holes for air to flow through.

once again, the tractor looks really good, you have done a nice job on the rebuild.....

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1

Catmanii

Working on it... lots of cracks and metal fatigue. There are also 4 holes in the hood that I'm filling; 2 big holes each side for lights, and a couple of smaler ones. I won't put any lighting on it.

Should be finished this week.

Thank God for wire feed welders when it comes to fixing cracks and holes. Just fixed the sheet metal on my KT-17 that had a crack in it. My C-120 has the two big holes for lights that offend me and is on my list for removel. Don't plow snow in Texas so don't need lights. Don't know why I keep them working on the C-175. Cause they are there I guess. Really like you little tractor and you have done an excellent job on your rebuild. Keep up the good work.  :)

Zeus55

nice work on your build so far.

what sort of screen do you have on the flywheel pulley? its hard to see in the pics what is there, but these engines rely on a good intake of air through that area to cool them, especially at max rpm. like i said its hard to see what you have on there as a mesh type screen, but i would try and make sure that it has at least the same amount of area of open holes for air to flow through.

once again, the tractor looks really good, you have done a nice job on the rebuild.....

Here is some pictures of it.

It have a concave shape in the middle... seems to be the original part.

post-13600-0-50071300-1410903772.jpg

post-13600-0-66456900-1410903773.jpg

Martin

that looks ok. it looked like almost a solid disc in the video and pics you posted earlier. I'm not 100% on what a 7 hp Kohler had but that looks to be a typical  Kohler screen.

:thumbs:

Firpo701

Yep...looks just like mine. ;-)

Zeus55

Have'nt got time to work on the Horse this week... I'm at a convention in Barbados.

Somebody have to do the dirty jobs :handgestures-thumbupright:

Back next week to finish it!

Retired Wrencher

The gear looks good to me, it fits the input gear solidly without any loose so I figure it's OK...

I added some pictures of the engine. Working on the trany and waiting for the carb and fuel pump kit. I will try to polish both of them, it should look nice.

To answer the question about the use of my 701, I will not do any exposition or hard work, just running around in the wood and haul the grand kids in an wagon that I will make next, looking for blueberries, raspberries and other good little fruits :icecream: .

This little guy is 53 years old and I will give him an easy retirement :crying-pink:

Z/55 I like what u did with the color on the engine. Nice change from the red blob. Keep it going. I try to do this on small parts my self. It breaks up the red. Gary   B....

Zeus55

Z/55 I like what u did with the color on the engine. Nice change from the red blob. Keep it going. I try to do this on small parts my self. It breaks up the red. Gary   B....

For color, I used a flat black, it's a BBQ heat resistant black paint.

Zeus55

Project is now over :greetings-clappingyellow:

Remember the bottom front of the hood ? lots of cracks, holes and rust. I love the end result !

Here is the revived horse... it works like a new one.

Many thanks for the help and support :handgestures-thumbupright:

post-13600-0-12759100-1412106884.jpg

post-13600-0-41294000-1412106885.jpg

post-13600-0-50881900-1412106886.jpg

post-13600-0-69099100-1412106887.jpg

• Like 5

Sean Keys

Looks great!! Thanks for sharing!

Racinbob

Beautiful job! :handgestures-thumbsup:

Firpo701

Awesome work! ;-)

Geno

Very nice work indeed. :text-+1:   :text-+1:    Got another one ready to do?   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Zeus55

Very nice work indeed. :text-+1:   :text-+1:    Got another one ready to do?   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Well, if I can find a 1955... maybe !

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

Awesome job, looks great!!

• Like 1

Desko

Wow that looks absolutely fantastic and the hood you could never tell there was a problem :)

Aldon

Very nice. Now the wife will definitely push for a pink version.

wrightorchid

My wife would want one in pink also.

Zeus55

Next step will be to find and restore a trailer for this horse :eusa-think:

Edited by Zeus55

WheelHorse79

If you're interested, I just saw someone selling a 701 double belt guard on e-bay for $150.   :eek:

Zeus55

If you're interested, I just saw someone selling a 701 double belt guard on e-bay for $150.   :eek:

It's a little to much... Thanks!

Zeus55

...it's winter and up here in Quebec we're having really cold temperatures this winter; -40s, -50s...

But the little guy still running and I really enjoy riding it in the snow :occasion-snowman: