km3h

HERE WE GO AGAIN

km3h

Needed some room in my shop so I sold my 1982 Suzuki and a Toro Bronco yesterday. Looked around and saw I had too much empty space so I started doing the Craig's list thing again. Scored another Wheel Horse 416H in really nice condition from the original owner. Been garage kept it's whole life. $400.00 and no holes in the deck but needs a battery. That's three Wheel Horse 417 tractors in two months. 2H's and an 8 speed. Will have photos tomorrow. I don't think my wife understands me.

Edited by km3h
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

Sound like you're on a  :wh:roll...

don't stop now.   :wwp: 

• Like 2

Geno

Yeah - what AMC says!    :text-goodpost:  

• Like 1

Vinylguy

UH OH!!! Another bonafied 400-A-HOLIC

I just did a report from my data base and the 3 and 400 series decals took a significate jump in the past year. I have had a number of customers asking about the infamous Onan as well. I just tell them to go to RedSquare and search for on an threads. The 312s still are the biggest seller but the 400s are quickly going traction. 500s have been steady for the past three years. About 3 orders a Month.

My favorite of course is the 416-h. Only because I've had a couple of them and a 520. I think they will be strong for the next several years. Can't wait to see your pictures.

• Like 3

km3h

Well you can bet that I will be ordering some more of those great decals in a few weeks. This one is in such good condition I probably will only have to polish it. The chrome muffler cover is bright with no rust and it even has the side belt cover.

Vinylguy

Wow!! Get the dang camera out. Sounds like the score of the year to me.

What Year is it?

Edited by VINYLGUY

Tankman

The Ms. will never understand until you restore one in pink.

Get back on Craig's List, a great reason (we know better) to pickup a nice mare for her.

Makes sense, I think?   :roll:

Vinylguy

The Ms. will never understand until you restore one in pink.

Get back on Craig's List, a great reason (we know better) to pickup a nice mare for her.

Makes sense, I think?   :roll:

I am trying to envision a pink 416??? Seen a lot of Pink Rangers  but a pink 416? Is that even legal Tankman? :laughing-rolling:

Edited by VINYLGUY
  • Like 1

km3h

Just sold another yard tractor and got a good price so I went back to Craig's List but they are all out of decant Wheel Horse's. If I had a grand-daughter young enough, I might buy her a smaller Wheel Horse and paint it pink, but never would I do that to a 400 series tractor. That's an abomination and should be punishable by death.

• Like 2

Geno

Maybe she would like purple?  :)

km3h

Brought the new addition Horse home this morning. Inspection showed that it needs a seat, a bearing in the center blade mandrel, left side wheel on the deck, positive battery cable as well as a battery. The deck is a 48in side discharge. Has extra heavy floor board rubber. First time I have seen these. Still has the Wheel Horse emblem on the hood. One missing hub cap but they are plastic.

post-2564-0-81501300-1406050146_thumb.jp

post-2564-0-80397500-1406050189_thumb.jp

post-2564-0-98947400-1406050212_thumb.jp

post-2564-0-23460300-1406050248_thumb.jp

post-2564-0-93568100-1406050278_thumb.jp

post-2564-0-68512900-1406050308_thumb.jp

• Like 1

km3h

Can someone tell me what this part is for. It was included in some parts not on the tractor. Also got the right side plastic cover for the PTO and belt.

post-2564-0-74872400-1406050511_thumb.jp

Edited by km3h

doc724

Make sure you pull off those rubber floor boards and do a thorough cleaning under them.  Be careful with the plastic "nails" that hold them in place-you will want to reuse them.  I have found that all kinds of dirt gets trapped under them and with moisture will cause the foot rests to rust.  Hopefully yours are OK.  If not, that is what Rustoleum is for!  Nice score BTW.

• Like 1

JC 1965

Great lookin tractor !!  Congrats, and thanks for sharing.   :thumbs2:

• Like 1

km3h

Make sure you pull off those rubber floor boards and do a thorough cleaning under them.  Be careful with the plastic "nails" that hold them in place-you will want to reuse them.  I have found that all kinds of dirt gets trapped under them and with moisture will cause the foot rests to rust.  Hopefully yours are OK.  If not, that is what Rustoleum is for!  Nice score BTW.

Thanks for the advice. I never thought of that. This is the first time I have seen these kind of floorboard covers.

Molon_Labe

Nice score km3h, keep us updated. I love the pics.

• Like 1

Tankman

I am trying to envision a pink 416??? Seen a lot of Pink Rangers  but a pink 416? Is that even legal Tankman? :laughing-rolling:

Legal as all get out as long as the mare is in your shed!

The Ms. will also need a lawn vac with pink canvas, pink snow plow, a snowblower that is bright pink, of course the seat, yep, nice pink cover of course!   :laughing-rofl:

What ever the lady wants (hope she gets the WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction) she gets!

• Like 1

Tankman

With pink 'n white decals, special order of course!   :bow-blue:

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

km3h

No, No, No, A thousand times no!!!!! I will not paint a Wheel Horse pink!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Geno

:text-thankyouyellow:     :text-lol: 

jackhammer

Good for you

• Like 1