JTBondrew

Wheel Horse w/10HP Diesel Repower

JTBondrew

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=c4-feed-u&list=PLZacihMA2uxR7W7yLtu5RcQmBG3Hmr4ey
Hello I just bought a "Custom" Wheel Horse last weekend, and I am curious as to what model/year this tractor is? It was repowered with a 10hp Apollo CF 186F (E) Diesel Engine, and I believe some pulley modification. Also does anyone know where I could pick up a mower deck for it? Thank You!post-13535-0-10347300-1405752631_thumb.jpost-13535-0-49416400-1405752640_thumb.j

• Like 3

Digger 66

Welcome .

I'm no expert on ID , but it sure looks like my Raider .

I'd love to hear a sound-clip of that running . . . . . :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

baerpath

If that was the one from Canajoharie on craiglist it is a C100.

AMC RULES

Welcome .

I'm no expert on ID , but it sure looks like my Raider .

I'd love to hear a sound-clip of that running . . . . . :handgestures-thumbupright:

:text-+1:  Me too:handgestures-thumbsup:

:WRS:

boovuc

Welcome to Redsquare!

A lot of decks are available for that tractor. You will need to add back the Atachamatic brackets front and mid mount.

JTBondrew

Awesome thanks guys! And if you check the link in the original post there are 4 videos on my Youtube Channel http://www.Youtube.com/JTBondrew of this beast running.

AMC RULES

Sounds great...    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

the "Wheelie on a Hill" looked pretty cool. 

squonk

Be careful with that "Wheelie on a Hill" You won't have a front axle pivot pin left!

Stigian

Be careful with that "Wheelie on a Hill" You won't have a front axle pivot pin left!

Funny you should mention about the axle pivot pin on a diesel Wh.. I was contacted yesterday by a chap looking for help.. He has a Raider fitted with a diesel that his son decided to drop the clutch in 3rd gear at full revs!!

5 sec's later he had rammed the poor Raider into a tree resulting in a busted axle pin, but he also managed to really bend the inner mount for the axle pin!!

This has also got me thinking on how wise it is for me to use the original axle and pin on Project "Why Not"!!

Edited by Stigian
  • Like 2

JTBondrew

Do any of you guys know where I can find a mower deck that would fit this? Also how to attach the snow blower and Pulley box to the front? ALSO would I need to put another pulley on the main shaft in order to power the snowblower/mower deck? and I see in pictures that there are two different handles on each side, im guessing one for implements and one for the mower deck, and my tractor has neither, id like to find everything I can so that I can mow and remove snow when the time comes, Thanks all!

JTBondrew

ALSO since the body was painted, where can I find the Serial number?

ba2988

Can't say for certain what model your tractor started out as but looks like a C 100 series just comparing it to pictures of other tractors in the gallery.  There is a fair amount of work/parts needed to get it back to where it can be used with a mower deck or snow blower.  

1. PTO - you need the entire manual pto assembly - this is attaches to the shaft coming from the engine next to the drive pulley.  Have a look on toro.com and search for parts using the model number 1-0375 or 91-10k802 to get a better idea of what you need.  You will need to make sure that the shaft diameter and length matches to whats needed for the pto
  2. Mid-hitch assembly - this would be used to attach a mower deck
  3. Lift Mechanism - would be needed to raise and lower a deck or blower

Other consideration is the throttle set up - looks like you have a foot throttle which is controlling the engine speed.  I would think that this would need to be changed as implements like a mower deck and blower need to be run with the engine at a consistent speed.  

As to where to buy attachments/parts - this is a good site.  Ebay and craigslist are also options.  You need a lot so it might be best to try and find an inexpensive non-running tractor with the parts you need vs. trying to find them all separately.  

Good luck and welcome to Redsquare!

Brice

can whlvr

probally buy another tractor cheaper than al the parts you are gonna need

Hodge71

I doubt you can put a factory PTO on that engine output shaft. Theres a ton of stuff needed to make it work. Plus with how fast that thing goes, I would say somebody cobbled a pulley set up together because it looks like it does about 25 mph. Factory tractors go about 7mph in hi 3rd. Im not sure you could ever slow that thing down enough to cut grass without trying to deduce what pulleys mojo was done on it and reverse it. Its a cool ride as a yard rocket and sounds great with that diesel but I think its life as a worker is done with what has been done to it.

Edited by hodge71