PMaine

Mowing Deck Striping Kit

PMaine

I love mowing for some reason, wife thinks I am crazy, and she may be right. I came up with this striping kit last week. I've used it twice now and I really like it. My only issue is that sometimes on rough terrain the bar will make contact with the rear wheel on one side (see past discussion topic) as something is a bit off with my mowing deck. I did put a strap onto that side of the deck and hooked it to a fixed object and pulled in an attempt to re-align it- that's another topic.

20140611_175708_zpsqlyut4sa.jpg

20140611_175702_zpsl624zipg.jpg

20140615_122436_zpsg0pqigfv.jpg

20140615_130550_zpsp7mo1s4s.jpg

Pretty self explanatory, but I used some flat stock, 3/8" threaded rod, and a 3/4" piece of rigid conduit.  

Edited by PMaine
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Vinylguy

"I love mowing for some reason"

You are not crazy nor alone in your love of mowing. there is something magical about it. Nothing better than looking back on a freshly cut and level lawn.

​When I am mowing I really don't think of anything else and what ever problems or troubles that may have been bothering me seem to just disappear.

In my lifetime I have found two activities that relieve stress and require my complete attention. Manicuring the lawn and Bass fishing.

Unfortunately I do not have a lawn or a tractor anymore so lately it has been Bass fishing with my nephew.

A long time ago when he was too young to drive I would take him top water fishing. Now I am an old guy and he takes me

fishing all the time in his champion.  I still miss mowing though.

How many of you find yourself standing and looking at the perfectly cut lawn for more than just a few minutes. onlookers may wonder what the heck you are looking at but then they just dont understand. That is a great looking stripe cut you got there PMaine.

gallery_74_81_408825.jpg

Edited by VINYLGUY
  • Like 2

speedyleedy

Great looking fish Terry ! Looks like a lot of fun :)

leeave96

Looking good!

Why do you have one side of the deck notched out?

AMC RULES

Looks like it's working pretty good.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

papaglide

Right on Terry! I am so glad that I am not the only one who likes to look at the fresh cut lawn and think, "man it looks nice"

rjcap

I love stuff like this. Great idea and glad you shared it. I too love mowing. Started as a 13 year old mowing commercial property with my step dads brand spanking new 1978 JD 400. Summers in my teens I logged hundreds of hours on that machine. Step dad passed recently and I still have the 400. He left behind a nice JD 855 and a JD 930, brother and I are sharing cutting around Mom's with those two JD's for now. But I love that old 400, needs a starter and I will get to it someday. When my four kids were growing up I didn't have as much time to cut and it became more of a chore. Out of necessity three summers ago I bought my C-125 from a neighbor. I had no idea what I was buying, knew nothing about the WH line. If its possible I have to say that my love for mowing has been rejuvenated by this little tank of a tractor. I cut roughly 3 acres around my place and look forward to cutting every week. 

• Like 1

PaulC

Nice job on the striping kit, simple and effective just like wheel horses were meant to be.

I was just on the phone with Terry yesterday and he was telling me about his love for mowing so I chuckle reading this. And hey Terry look those are the rear discharge mower deck decals we are working on!!! I wouldn't say I love mowing but I do step back and admire my lawn when I am finished. Now blowing snow with my 42" blower on my 312 is something id say I love doing, its a blast and also means I may get to use my snowmobiles soon!!

snowhound

For me the only thing better than mowing is moving snow.  We have two properties a 2/3 acre and an acre that are about 20 min. apart and my wife can't understand why I don't have our son mow the acre property that he's "renting" from us.

When I'm on the tractor problems seem to melt away and the closest thing to stress is trying to close to the rocks without chipping them and the mower blades.  I retired 2 weeks ago and have managed to find seat time almost everyday I

know I won't be able to keep it up I'll have to start that honey do list sometime but until then I'll keep looking for for a reason to get more set time in.

Enjoy the fishing!

Mr. 856

Terry.....we have something in common. I love mowing grass and just keeping the yard looking good in general. I have a 19' Triton Bass Boat and at one point in my life was fishing just about every day. Have backed of tremendously since the birth of my son just over a year ago. My favorite job to this day and im 37 was working for the grounds crew at a local golf course. There were days I would get on a mower at 5:00am and go all day long. There is something about being out there with the birds, the smell of cut fresh grass and looking back and seeing those sweet stripes. I just mowed my yard this evening after work and like the bass fishing it is what I like to call "free therapy".  I often fished alone.......matter of fact it wouldn't be uncommon for me to take off with my boat to another state and fish for a few days. I don't know what it is but I just get in the zone when im alone bass fishing. Some of my best days have been solo. I like the ways the pros do it. It is you against everyone else and the bass. I like the competition although I haven't fished a tournament in a few years now. I think im going to look at my lawn now! :)

Tankman

I, my sons, grandsons, like mowin' the lawns.

Doubt we would enjoy our ride if it wasn't the appreciation of our Horses. What's not to like?

A well kept lawn looks so nice. And, may be imagination, I see passersby looking at the lawns 'specially if the Horse is working.

Grandsons always team up to groom the Horses after each mow job! Brasso on the baby moons too!   :laughing-rofl:

Now if we had Terry's fish on the grill, what would be better?