rtfbg

D200 Resto ... Florida style!!!!

953 nut
4 hours ago, Bear G said:

I’m amazed at some of the negative “behind my back” B/S I’m hearing because I bought “somebody else’s trophy”.. really??

I must have missed that post, glad I did because that is just plain wrong.   I was happy to hear that "The Beast" was headed to a new home, Bob put a lot of talent and work into it and it needed a good home.

I have been around the street rod hobby for a few decades and built and sold quite a few. I could never understood why some people were so negative toward folks who bought a ready to run vehicle that someone else wanted to sell. If it hadn't been for willing buyers I couldn't have built the next one.

I for one applaud you for showing some love to these creations and look forward to meeting you.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

bmsgaffer
8 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I must have missed that post, glad I did because that is just plain wrong.   I was happy to hear that "The Beast" was headed to a new home, Bob put a lot of talent and work into it and it needed a good home.

I have been around the street rod hobby for a few decades and built and sold quite a few. I could never understood why some people were so negative toward folks who bought a ready to run vehicle that someone else wanted to sell. If it hadn't been for willing buyers I couldn't have built the next one.

I for one applaud you for showing some love to these creations and look forward to meeting you.

:text-yeahthat:

I can almost guarantee the 'behind the back rumors' are not nearly as widespread or as loud as you might think. Anywho, who cares what those bozos think. 

I think that its good someone that cares about them got it and I hope you get to keep showing those creations to the world. The people that put that much labor into them SURELY do NOT want them to sit and go to waste or have people not enjoy them. That was the whole point of building them to begin with. And if you have the money to keep doing it, good on you! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

bmsgaffer

Side note: I am REALLY sad that he (the original builder) felt the need to destroy the whole history of this thread by removing all his pictures. It was truly an incredible build thread. 

• Confused 2

AMC RULES

:scratchead: How does one go back and remove picts from a 4yr old post?

953 nut
43 minutes ago, bmsgaffer said:

Side note: I am REALLY sad that he (the original builder) felt the need to destroy the whole history of this thread by removing all his pictures. It was truly an incredible build thread. 

Seems that the screen name has been changed from gulftane  to rtfbg. Perhaps @Sparky or @nylyon can do some magic and find a way to put the photos back in this thread. I am sure Bob wouldn't remove them, he was justifiably proud of the project.       :wwp:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:confusion-shrug: Thats what I'm saying...

it would take a moderator to open this thread for editing.

rjg854
19 hours ago, Bear G said:

I bought the "Beast " from Bob.

Good for you.  I saw it at the Big Show a couple of years ago.  Quite the tractor. As long as you're happy with it, who gives a care what anyone else thinks.   I'm glad someone who appreciates it and will take care of it, has it.  Now it won't just  disappear into obscurity .

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

I all industries it takes builders and buyers, don't apologize for being a buyer!! 

Glad to have you here @Bear G!! 

Randy

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Daron1965
On 8/17/2018 at 6:48 AM, 953 nut said:

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 2

nylyon

I’ll see wha I can do, but it’s not likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"D"- Man
On 8/17/2018 at 4:44 PM, 953 nut said:

Seems that the screen name has been changed from gulftane  to rtfbg. Perhaps @Sparky or @nylyon can do some magic and find a way to put the photos back in this thread. I am sure Bob wouldn't remove them, he was justifiably proud of the project.       :wwp:

I have a different take, I hope I am wrong about this, but if I am not mistaken, only a supporting member can remove images from their own posts; and the user name change could be initials that stand for: Robert Too F ------ Bad Gulftane.   {Administrator or Moderators can delete this reply if you think it is inappropriate or if you think I  am wrong.}

• Sad 1

dells68

I just don't see Bob doing this, not in his character.  Check out this pic from his profile page with messed up birthday, favorite model, and location.  Maybe they are an anagram for something?  Anybody got any ideas?  Either way, it's sad so much documentation of a great build is gone.

4E15F8C5-0336-4CBF-AC25-60FD829EC750.png

posifour11

@Bear G, I don't know you from Adam. In fact, I don't even know what the seller's issue is. However, coming here to attack and insult us is not a good way to endear yourself. 

Gulftane was one of the posters that always had me reading his posts. 

I don't know you and I'm willing to start over if you are. Please be more courteous. 

Edited by posifour11

82Caddy
On 8/17/2018 at 3:29 PM, AMC RULES said:

:scratchead: How does one go back and remove picts from a 4yr old post?

If photos are hosted on a 3rd party site (ie: Flickr, google photos, photobucket, etc), you simply move/rename the photos on the host site and it breaks the link to anywhere the photos are posted. 

bmsgaffer
16 hours ago, 82Caddy said:

If photos are hosted on a 3rd party site (ie: Flickr, google photos, photobucket, etc), you simply move/rename the photos on the host site and it breaks the link to anywhere the photos are posted. 

These photos, I believe, were hosted on RedSquare, I would guess that he deleted all of his history (you can delete your content in "My Attachments" but it looks like it would have to be done one by one?) Not sure, but very sad. 

If @nylyon does find them all from a previous site backup, it would be an amazing save, but probably would be hard to do. 

• Excellent 1

82Caddy

2 hours ago, bmsgaffer said:

These photos, I believe, were hosted on RedSquare, I would guess that he deleted all of his history (you can delete your content in "My Attachments" but it looks like it would have to be done one by one?) Not sure, but very sad. 

If @nylyon does find them all from a previous site backup, it would be an amazing save, but probably would be hard to do. 

You are correct, seems pics were hosted on RedSquare.  Time consuming for sure to remove one by one but I'm sure we all have spent time on something just because we could.

nylyon

I got it back to May 2015, the rest will be difficult because of the way the software changed then.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Bear G
On 8/21/2018 at 2:25 PM, posifour11 said:

@Bear G, I don't know you from Adam. In fact, I don't even know what the seller's issue is. However, coming here to attack and insult us is not a good way to endear yourself. 

Gulftane was one of the posters that always had me reading his posts. 

I don't know you and I'm willing to start over if you are. Please be more courteous. 

Not sure what I said that you interpreted as an insult.. it surely wasnt my intention.. 

Edited by Bear G
  • Like 2

posifour11

@Bear G

No worries. I guess I read things wrong. Enjoy your toy. It's a good one. 

• Like 2

Machineguy

Man guys, I just caught the tale end of this discussion and it was worrisome. We all deal with people that have bad attitudes and sharp tongues in life. I’ve not experienced any of that so far on here. There may be someone that’s gonna roll there eyes at questions some ask or different tastes in restoration styles. 

I came to this site for the people and fellowship amongst guys that like Wheel Horse Machinery and more. I’m a hands on experienced machinist/mechanic, cad designer etc. I’m lucky I came up around DIY type of people and I got started doing things young. Not everyone has had that experience. I know a guy that’s a neuro-surgeon and performs brain surgeries and loves cars. When it comes to engine rebuilds he’s lost, not because he’s stupid just inexperienced and not versed in them. I couldn’t tell you where to begin with what he does and I’d hate to be considered stupid because I’ve walked a different path than him. The common interest of these machines and the enjoyment should be the emphasis here. Regardless of bought, built, original, custom who cares. It’s all just fun. I hope everyone else on here feels the same too. It’s often times hard to interpret and understand the tone within typed messages sometimes. So far I’ve met some good people on here and I hope to meet many more! 

Happy wrenching fellas! 

Edited by Machineguy
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 5

Machineguy

Okay, if someone is driving a pink MTD mud mower you deserve to be picked on. Outside of that, be nice folks! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 5

posifour11
22 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

Okay, if someone is driving a pink MTD mud mower you deserve to be picked on. Outside of that, be nice folks! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Hey, it was only once and it matched my tutu.:laughing-rofl:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Machineguy
3 minutes ago, posifour11 said:

Hey, it was only once and it matched my tutu.:laughing-rofl:

:ROTF: 

Did you top it off with pigtails? :ychain:

• Haha 2

posifour11
35 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

Man guys, I just caught the tale end of this discussion and it was worrisome. We all deal with people that have bad attitudes and sharp tongues in life. I’ve not experienced any of that so far on here. There may be someone that’s gonna roll there eyes at questions some ask or different tastes in restoration styles. 

I came to this site for the people and fellowship amongst guys that like Wheel Horse Machinery and more. I’m a hands on experienced machinist/mechanic, cad designer etc. I’m lucky I came up around DIY type of people and I got started doing things young. Not everyone has had that experience. I know a guy that’s a neuro-surgeon and performs brain surgeries and loves cars. When it comes to engine rebuilds he’s lost, not because he’s stupid just inexperienced and not versed in them. I couldn’t tell you where to begin with what he does and I’d hate to be considered stupid because I’ve walked a different path than him. The common interest of these machines and the enjoyment should be the emphasis here. Regardless of bought, built, original, custom who cares. It’s all just fun. I hope everyone else on here feels the same too. It’s often times hard to interpret and understand the tone within typed messages sometimes. So far I’ve met some good people on here and I hope to meet many more! 

Happy wrenching fellas! 

Very well said!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

posifour11
Just now, Machineguy said:

:ROTF: 

Did you top it off with pigtails? :ychain:

No, but I'm sure one of my friends has the blonde wig from his 21st birthday. We stapled together a dress and blindfolded him. It's a good thing camera phones weren't around. :ph34r::ROTF:

• Haha 1