rtfbg

D200 Resto ... Florida style!!!!

fabricator2009

Sorry to hear about your dad. Our prayers are with you.

rtfbg

Thanks for all the kind words.  I have never met any of you, yet you speak as if we are long time friends.  The power of the horse I assume.  It's quite impressive, and I'm honored to be a part of it.

Thanks again.

Bob

• Like 1

duke

Simply amazing! The time and thought put into everything with such great detail! I see the whole tractor is going to be a real treat when it is at it's final stage! Makes me just dream about the shop we have to build here yet! No more cramped garage! Man that paint process is excellent! Is it comparable to Powder Coating? How about the PTO are you going to do something about the back clutch plate rubbing on the forks from wear on the rear of the clutch ? Any thoughts on that yet? I have been trying to devise a better clutch for the PTO myself, maybe an electric one simular to the D-160  Onan?

rtfbg

Duke ... this is a cruising vessel only, no PTO or such work items!!  Will have a winch only, in case the Florida sand gets the best of me!!  LOL

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Duke ... this is a cruising vessel only, no PTO or such work items!!  Will have a winch only, in case the Florida sand gets the best of me!!  LOL

Watch out for those sink holes, scarier than 'gators in my opinion! Better get a big winch!

duke

My bad, that's right I remember reading about a Two Seater!  Still an amazing build! That large battery will make sure your winch will have plenty of juice!

Trouty56

Sorry Bob.....sounds like you were pretty close to your dad....and he was in tune with what you were doing.....

Nice work on that winch....and everything else you do is super nice.....

rtfbg

Finally got the grill finished up and shined.  Looks weird with the reflections!!!  Slow but sure!!!

post-12710-0-83383700-1428110247_thumb.j

• Like 3

Racinbob

Looks great! We're all looking forward to some of your 'wow' pics. (Smily face....can't do emoticons on this tablet.)

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Looking better and better. Did you french the top of the hood? Its hard to see,,,,,secretive. Cant wait for the big un veiling.

Glenn

rtfbg

Glenn ... NO I didn't "LICK" my hood, LOL!    I did have some louvers punched however .. looks cool and will help with the heat!!

post-12710-0-92273900-1428155297_thumb.j

Edited by gulftane
  • Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thanks, I thought I spotted something up top. Thats the same thing I want to do on my 520 belt guard to help exhaust the air cooling the rear cylinder. Looks cool to. I just cant find anyone (yet) to do it. Thanks again for the reply.

Glenn

varosd

Wow, those louvers look cool! :D

If I may ask,what did it cost you to have it done?

rtfbg

Louver punching is a dying art, a fad from the 60's that doesn't seem to be surviving.  The few hot rod shops that still do it seem to get around $3 to $5 per punch.  Your metal must be completly bare, so no paint residue gets left in the die.  These D200 hoods test the dies to the max, as they are MUCH thicker than a typical car hood.

• Like 1

Spareparts

Glad to see you back at it, and the hood looks sweet.

duke

I use 30 weight and it works very well. In all my tractor transmissions... :)

rtfbg

Thanks Duke ... yea, I decided to do that as well.  I pounded Dad's old D200  for hours and hours, and it never missed a beat.  Dad was from the old school, he didn't believe what the manual said, so he ran the engine at about half throttle, maybe a tad above.  Not me, I liked the sweet sound at full throttle!!  LOL

duke

I also open her up all the way! Especially if I am rototilling the garden! The 18 hp kohler sounds almost like a VW Engine!

rtfbg

So ... remember the battery??  I bought it from RURAL KING last year sometime can't remember when, because I needed an exact size to work with while making the box and circut panel.  Since then it's been sitting on my shelf (NOT the concrete floor).  I finally put  it in to try the wiring out and ... nothin.  Dead.  I put a charger on it and it looked like it was taking a charge but ... no.  Dead.  So I searched for my receipt and ... no.  Not to be found.  So I took it back to RURAL KING anyway.  They exchanged it, no charge no questions asked. I personally, will never buy a battery anywhere else!!   That my friends is customer service to the max!!   Just thought I would share.

post-12710-0-86281700-1429560353.jpg

Oh, yes, I removed my decal before taking it back!!  LOL

• Like 3

rtfbg

So look, I'm workin my butt off on this thing ... got my hauler 99% ready, but the Horse still needs some hours, specifically from my welder.  There in lies the problem, he's got health issues.  Hopefully  he will be back in the game soon, as I need about a full day on the aluminum tig to get this done.  Hopefully, it will be at the show, but honestly it isn't lookin good at this point.  Fingers crossed.  Run??  Oh hell yea, it runs!!!  Sounds sweet too!!!!

• Like 1

Ken B

Can ya take a video of that bad boy runnin?

Racinbob

That sounds great. :handgestures-thumbupright:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

That baby sure is sweet. What a job. A+

Glenn

Trouty56

So nice!!!  What a job !!!!