wrightorchid

Tool box ideas

wrightorchid

I am looking to add a tool box /storage on my 312-8.  Was there one offered as a WH accessory?  If anybody has built one, would you care to share?

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

I dont think there was ever one offered once the tractors went to fender mounted fuel tanks.

You will probably have you mount it off the back of the fender, there isn't a whole lot of available space on these tractors :)

Although, :techie-eureka:  I did see recently someone bought a tractor with a square cake pan just bolted to the hood... Thats always an option. :eusa-whistle:

Tankman

If you're not using the tow bar, bolt a tool box to it.  :eusa-think:

AMC RULES

Perfect for the task, are the militay green ammo cans...have a latched, rubber sealed top.

Come in a multitude of sizes too.

• Like 2

Hodge71

Perfect for the task, are the militay green ammo cans...have a latched, rubber sealed top.

Paint it red and throw it at the fender...see if it sticks

formariz

I was thinking about this a while back for one my RJ s which I use without the tool box and fenders since I like that look. It's a pain however since it has the rope start and nowhere to put it. I decided to get a leather motorcycle tool pouch and hang it off the back of seat.

• Like 1

neil

would like to see a pic of the leather tool pouch ??????

I have seen the grey fergy toolboxes used on garden tractors , they bolt them to the top of the seat fender or to the side of the belt cover

post-2119-0-35518000-1399923461_thumb.jp

• Like 1

farmer

I too have toyed with the idea of a toolbox, just big enough for a spanner or two and a tow pin. I was thinking maybe a petty cash tin mounted between the clutch and main lift handle, ( allowing for travel for both ). It would look 'right', but it may rattle a bit.   :tools-hammerdrill:  :)

formariz

would like to see a pic of the leather tool pouch ??????

I have seen the grey fergy toolboxes used on garden tractors , they bolt them to the top of the seat fender or to the side of the belt cover

ToolBox1-450x600.jpg[/quote

I am now closer to you Neil than I am to my RJ. Will get a photo when I get back.

squonk

I grabbed one of those at a flea market last year. I hope to mount it to my trailer to tore tie downs.