stratostar250

I found a D-250!

stratostar250

So, long story short, I was looking for something interesting for my next Wheel Horse.  I was keeping my eye out, and then I saw something that kinda stuck in my mind.  It was so unique.  And luckily, I was able to snag it.  I talked it over with my parents, and they helped me out with it, and my dad took the 6 hour one way trip with me yesterday to pick it up.  Without further adeiu, here is the info on the D-250 and my findings so far, and some pictures, and a video! :)

So, The tags on the tractor make it a 79, 80, or an 81.  but the front loader tags, say 80 or 81, so I am going to call it a 1980 D-250.  The tractor runs absolutely beautifully and smoothly, It has just under 590 hours on it, there is a slight belt squeal from time to time, and the alternator light will sometimes flicker, but I will figure it out.  Everything works, from the front loader to all the levers, gears, dash lights, steering box has no play, ect.  The only problems with it, are that it is not a beauty queen, the headlights and tail lights do not work, the rear fender is broken because it is plastic, the foot throttle is a little weird, it doesn't work perfect, and there is a hydraulic leak in the front somewhere, not large, but noticeable when the tractor sits.

With all this said, I have done my research, and will take care of this tractor.  I understand how rare of a breed they are, and want to make sure it works for a long, long time.  I looked at all the weak points that people say to check for, and everything seems to be alright.  It does need some fixin's here and there, and it will need to be treated with TLC, but, this thing is absolutely AWESOME, and I LOVE it. 

I didn't realize how large it actually was until i brought it home. :laughing-rofl:

Click on the pictures to make them larger :)

post-12245-0-96318400-1399828230_thumb.j

post-12245-0-68771900-1399828249_thumb.j

post-12245-0-65621500-1399828266_thumb.j

post-12245-0-14219200-1399828288_thumb.j

post-12245-0-50259400-1399828301_thumb.j

post-12245-0-14210900-1399828317_thumb.j

Oh, and it came with a tiller, with some obvious weird repairs :eusa-think:

post-12245-0-30866500-1399828332_thumb.j

This is how we had to transport it, because it was about a foot too long with the bucket on our 5x9 trailer.

post-12245-0-30735700-1399828349_thumb.j

This will make some people happy: :)

Edited by stratostar250
  • Like 7

Shuboxlover

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT A SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the 250 club :handgestures-thumbup:

Edited by Shuboxlover
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

WOW!    :scared-eek: 

Your new AMC :wh: Renault sounds great.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

fireman

Nice find! 

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

I saw this one on craigslist. Lucky you. I'm on the hunt for a FEL for one of my horses but none have turned up yet.... congratulations

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

JackC

Great score. I saw that for sale and considered it but decided to let it go.  It looks like it found a good home.

That machine sits at the top of the Wheel Horse Kingdom.

• Like 1

stratostar250

Thanks guys! I still am not used to the size of it!  :grin:  but the thing is really solid.  Now I need to go download the manual and read, read, read.  :coffee:

Cutlas3391

Yea I was on the hunt for that one too. Unfortunately the wheel horse funds was low since I just bought a D250. Nice guy to talk to he was very passionate to sell it to a wheel horse guy. I'm glad you got it. Great score!!!!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ken B

Nice score right there...

• Like 1

rexman72

great find and what a beast

• Like 1

stratostar250

Just another little video for you all!

glgrumpy

One of these at Portland, IN show today for $1600. No one around to ask about it. Took pix, but mine are too big to load here most times. Can try it?  Yep, won't fit sorry!

• Like 1

Tankman

Great save! Top of the wish list for all of us Horse Nuts!  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

jackhammer

It was worth the ride ,,,,    -- good going

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

post-8224-140257675466_thumb.jpg

Yep I love my d250. To bad u don't need a snowblower I got one for sale

• Like 1

stratostar250

attachicon.gif20140429_201824.jpg

Yep I love my d250. To bad u don't need a snowblower I got one for sale

When my Dad and I made the trip to get this, we knew you had the snowblower for sale, but we didn't think we could add another few hours to the trip.  :ychain: (plus, after getting the tractor, we wouldn't have had the room)! And I figured that someone would have probably snatched it up by now from you! I'll send you a PM.

Cutlas3391

Ok cool thanks

baerpath

If you go to  Cutlass's place I'm 6 miles off 90 if your interested in the tires

stratostar250

If you go to Cutlass's place I'm 6 miles off 90 if your interested in the tires

Alright , I'll keep in touch and let you know what happens, because, I'm pretty sure you're just under 3 hours away from me, where buffalo is about 6, but I am still interested in the tires, so I'll let you know, thanks!

Sent from my HTC One (M8) using Tapatalk

Cutlas3391

I right next to the buffalo bills stadium

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Really, Orchard Park?

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Yes just south of buffalo

clintonnut

Nice score! You found the tractor, now find the parts!

• Like 1

stratostar250

Nice score! You found the tractor, now find the parts!

The only chance for parts is stay alert for anything that comes around!  :laughing-rofl: (<--this smiley is laughing, but I'm actually crying inside  :laughing-rolling::sad: )  It was tough just to find a light bulb for the headlight. :banghead:  Oh well, I'll do what I have to.  I just need to keep it in good working order and take care of it.  :) Ill just :pray: and keep my  :handgestures-fingerscrossed: and hopefully I'll be okay, and find what I need. 

Edited by stratostar250
  • Like 1

bizzo15

The D series seems to be really popular lately and it's making me want one!!!

• Like 2