Kelly

Off to buy a tractor or 10

Kelly

Got a call about 2 weeks ago asking if I wanted to buy a entire collection, mostly WH stuff, lots of parts and about 10 tractors, so after work the next day I drove the 40 miles to take a peek at them, I spent over a hour looking at the piles and boxes of parts, checking the tractors over, trying to come to a price, the owner might agree on, we haggled a little and both agreed on one, well that as I said was 2 weeks ago, today I go to pick everything up, yes lots of pics to follow, later today and tomorrow, pretty sure it will be a few loads to get it all, here is a few teaser shots from when I looked the first time.

post-85-0-66175200-1399117039_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-61295100-1399117102_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-26257200-1399117168_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-29399000-1399117222_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

baerpath

I seem to remember that racer ?   If you part it I'm looking for one of those deep dish steering wheels

boovuc

How far away is it from your place, Kelly? Looks like a nice collection and I can only imagine the nuts and bolts parts the gentleman has.

• Like 1

chazm

Well Kelly I know this isn't your 1st rodeo ...So round  them :wh:  up & let us know when the  :wh:  will be on the trading block  :dance: 

stevasaurus

Kelly...you are going to have to name your place..."RED MOUNTAIN RANCH".  :)

Edited by stevasaurus

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Kelly. That is some pile of stuff. Can't wait to see pics later.

Glenn

papaglide

Wow.

Kelly

Just got back with the second load, but here is a few pics of the first one.

Back of the wifes van

post-85-0-95143600-1399141363_thumb.jpg

had them hanging out the sides

post-85-0-08788300-1399141447_thumb.jpg

Back of my suburban

post-85-0-06959700-1399141510_thumb.jpg

Can you see 5 complete tractors in the pic ?? they are even all in one piece 2 suburbans, a lawn Ranger, a Simplicity, and a Anniversary edition WH plus LOTS more

post-85-0-26612000-1399141610_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-09699600-1399141755_thumb.jpg

I'll get pics of the rest in a bit, I need to eat been on the go from 6am, it's 2:30 now 

• Like 5

Stigian

That's a great haul Kelly.. Your a lucky chap, no one rings me offering 10 Wh's etc :D

Kelly

Forgot the pics before unloading, but here is some pics of the tractors.

This one runs and drives pretty good, needs a little paint, but most of it is painted, some nice custom work on it also, this will be up for sale soon.

post-85-0-20292200-1399148613_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-58367900-1399148787_thumb.jpg

This one has TONS of custom stuff done to it, and done well, needs a new home and someone to complete it. (rear tires are not on it now)

post-85-0-00293900-1399148865_thumb.jpg

Little Ranger, and some suburbans, there is another suburban in pieces, here also

post-85-0-60980300-1399148955_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-66430400-1399149025_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-71173700-1399149091_thumb.jpg

Some off brands A JD 212, and a Case 448 in pieces but looks to be complete even a 3 point hitch and rear PTO, 54" blade and 44" deck, there is a little Simplicity mower here also.

post-85-0-71236300-1399149220_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-61987600-1399149323_thumb.jpg

And just a small peek at the piles of parts, a few boxes of NOS stuff. couple 16hp kohlers, new tire chains, wheel weights, seats, ect... 

post-85-0-72033500-1399149456_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-04839500-1399149554_thumb.jpg

Still sorting parts, will be a few days before all gets inventoried 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Any RJ stuff in there? 

Kelly

only Suburban, but some parts interchange, but they may be all sold at this point

stevasaurus

Nice haul Kelly...are you going to post an inventory??  :)

• Like 1

dennist

Now that's a haul...

perry

sweet find , now the fun of digging through the parts and hopefully finding some  rare stuff .

seuadr

nice!

Kelly

Steve watch the classified ads for items that will be sold off.

Yes Perry lots to go through, not sure any hidden treasures, I kinda packed the boxes my self as I pulled the parts off the walls. 

jdleach

Well rats, didn't see any Commando V7 stuff in there. Very nice haul nonetheless.

• Like 1

Ken B

I'd love too find a score like that Kelly! Just the happiness of going thru all those parts boxes... You look like a happy boy in your second pic down! It looks as though it is all pretty nice stuff..

• Like 1

JUSS10

Kelly, if by chance those AG tires on the case are a 15 inch wheel, let me know if you would separate those (the set, wheels and tires) my 1054 is still in need of a better set and those look pretty good. Quite the haul! 

• Like 1

VinsRJ

Any RJ stuff in there? 

What are you looking for Craig?

Kelly

Justin, the ags are 16" like all high wheel case tractors and yes they are in very nice shape and sold fast, at $200 

Ken yes digging in all the boxes is kinda fun, there was a lot of NOS bits and pieces in bags, most never opened, lots of stuff I use, like about 20 front wheel bearings the nice machined steel, sealed one, a bag full of shifter boots, bag of axle seals, trunnions of all kinds, bag full of front wheel caps, ect.... lots of parts he bought of ebay still in boxes, opened but shipping labels and parts still in the box, was also NOS case parts to restore the 448 

SousaKerry

Kelly once again you wound up with one of my tractors... Amazing how these things get around.

The little green monster was purchased 3 or 4 years ago at Charlotte for $50 non running the last day of the show by my step son.  We got it running and realized that it is a death trap as any true Rat Rod should be.  The following year at the same show the guy we were set up next to got to talking and we were listing off tractors and that little green monster came up.  Well the guy had seen it the year before but had not bought it.  One thing let to another and 2 weeks later it is sold.  

Looks as if he never touched it either.  The motor ran well when we had it but the carb needed repair bushings on the throttle or a new carb. 

Did you buy all his tractors or did he keep a few?  IIRC he had some interesting modifications to a few.

post-4531-0-22139900-1399394137_thumb.jp

Kelly

I knew I seen that one before me and my son Ryan said it was the one you sold at the show, the carb looks brand new on it, have not tried to start it, I bought everything from his wife, he passed away and left my number for her. 

56flatbed

What are you looking for on the 16 hp motors?  What model are they?

• Like 1