nyquil junkie

I need to idiot proof this shifter

stevasaurus

I sent the one with 6 or so notches.  It will not slip...I did kind of try it on the front of that lever to see if the length was OK.  It works great and keeps the clutch pedal depressed.  You may have to mess with the linkage to make the brake band snug when you set the brake, but the clutch will be depressed so if you kick the horse into a gear, it will not take off on you...you will have the slack in the drive belt. It should be there Wednesday/Thursday.  Let us know how it works for you.  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 1

nyquil junkie

My brake band needs snugged up a little anyway.

I'll let ya know after I get it on.

• Like 1

nyquil junkie

Or in the mails morning, its going on Sunday.

Thanks !!!!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

You are entirely welcome Scott.  Let us know what you had to do to get the part on.  I am going to have to do this in the near future.  Some pictures would be nice.  Also, would like to know if this is going to solve your issue.  Be safe my friend.  :)

nyquil junkie

If it doesn't work I have a plan to weld a ripper tooth on the bottom of the deck lift linkage.

When you pull back it anchors the tractor to the ground. The harder to tries to get away, the deeper it digs in.

Just kidding.

lol

The plan calls for two rippers.

lol

• Like 1

nyquil junkie

The brake seems to work pretty good.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

I had no proper pins in the tool bucket so some fence wire had to suffice. I'll put link pins in next week and a new spring.

We used it hauling pack out of the cow sheds all day sunday with the 20CuFt dumper cart.  That's one heavy load for a little tractor but it dragged it right up the hill through the woods and mud wit no problem.  The Ebrake works great, but the brake band could use a little adjustment.

I didnt run over myself once. lol

post-5696-0-03927700-1399316911.jpg

post-5696-0-93591600-1399316920.jpg

Edited by nyquil junkie

nyquil junkie

parked on the hill, ebarake doin' its job

post-5696-0-62839700-1399317652.jpg

Stopped after a 500' mud bog trip down the hill though the woods to the cow shed

post-5696-0-40671400-1399317668.jpg

Parked (and brake set) waiting for another ton of pack to haul off to the compost heaps.

post-5696-0-24402900-1399317685.jpg

Once the grounds dry up going will be a lot easier.  But after 7 hours we only go stuck once, the loaded wagon got hung up and the rear wheels dug in up to the gearbox. 5 min with the winch and it was back to work.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Pictures look great.  You weren't kidding about the terrain you are navigating.  I see you put the brake lever on the other side of that lever...did you try to put it on the other side??  :)

nyquil junkie

That would require removing the linkage, and I didnt have the tools or the time to monkey with it. I gets a good bite where it is for now but when I put the right sort of pins in it I will move it to the inside.

But I dont see where that will make it any better or worse... however it probably should be on the inside.

I will take a few more pics of the compost piles at the top of the hill, and show you how far one would have to roll/fall/scream before a tree or something ruined your day.

LOL

I had an idea to back up to a cliff and dump the pack onto the pile from above, about 20 feet, but I decided the brakes were not that reliable to do something that stupid.

pfrederi

That would require removing the linkage, and I didnt have the tools or the time to monkey with it. I gets a good bite where it is for now but when I put the right sort of pins in it I will move it to the inside.

But I dont see where that will make it any better or worse... however it probably should be on the inside.

I will take a few more pics of the compost piles at the top of the hill, and show you how far one would have to roll/fall/scream before a tree or something ruined your day.

LOL

I had an idea to back up to a cliff and dump the pack onto the pile from above, about 20 feet, but I decided the brakes were not that reliable to do something that stupid.

Good call...band brakes are very inefficient/weak going backwards

stevasaurus

:)

Edited by stevasaurus

squonk

That lever should have been painted before it was shipped!  :ychain:  :ychain:  Bad shoulders? don't want to keep pulling the cord? Must be a Tecky!  :)

AMC RULES

Love those :wh: working photos.

Keep 'em coming.   :thanks:

nyquil junkie

tecky?

C-101plowerpower

Tecumseh engine

send from the tractor seat with tapatalk

nyquil junkie

Oh... no it has a shiny new (well now its sort of splattered with mud and cow poop) HF engine.  So far it starts with  half pull most of the time from the seat. It starts very easy.

I'm pretty impressed by it, I was sure I would have it back on HF counter before the week was out demanding my money back. 

bmsgaffer

Hey Steve, that looks like the same park brake I would need on a 551. Interested in selling your other one? Just thought I'd check with ya before I put up a want ad. :)

stevasaurus

It's your Brandon...PM me your address and I'll send it to you.  It will cost you what I gave for it...a Thank You and a hand shake.  :)