B-111 Wheel Horse Man

1976 WH w/footie 3-speed w/Hi Lo Range

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

I have a 1976 Wheel Horse with a footie Transaxle Transmission in it. This is a 3-speed with Hi Lo range in it. In the clutch part of the Transmission, a gear was found with 2 teeth broke off. Since this gear is no longer is available. It is only a matter of time with it will completely fail. So can any one help me in keeping My WHEEL HORSE going and going and going. Thank you for any help you can give, Frank

stevasaurus

Frank...racinfool40 has used, good transmission parts...send him a PM.  Do you know what part you need?  A few pictures would help.  :)

He will be at the Mentone swap meet in 2 weeks if you want to come down.

Actually, there are no clutch parts in the transmission...the tension pulley with the drive belt is your clutch.  If your horse is 1976...it is either a Wheel Horse # 5091 or a Wheel Horse #103907...probably the difference in axle diameters...1" or 1 1/8".  Wheel Horse called both of these...8 speed transmissions...they counted reverse times the hi/low.  Just so you know when you talk to Mike. :)  He will feel much better giving you parts if you talk the right language.  Just so you know...there is no problem getting the parts for your trans...should be able to make it last another 80 years.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

Thank you for your response, I do not have a picture there of the part in question. This is what happens. As I start to release the clutch there is a clank. I have to repeat this process a time or two before I can slip it into gear easily. Thank you for any help you can give me. By the way I live in Michigan, about 3 to 4 hour drive. from you.

gwest_ca

Will guess the tractor in question is a 1979 B-81 6-Speed model 92-08BF01 or B-111 6-Speed model 92-11BF01 with a Foote transmission.

Garry

Some manuals and paper

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/495-wh61-90-290-b-series-peerless-5spd-foote-6spd-belt-guidespdf/

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

The Tractor in question is a 1976 WH model B-111 This has a 3-speed Transmission with a HI LO range in it. This is old school way describing the Transmission.

stevasaurus

Frank...forget everything I said above.  Not knowing what the tractor was...I assumed wrong...sorry.  The B-111 is a different animal.  Have you taken this thing apart yet??  One thing about Red Square...you always have good people behind you...and Garry is one of the best.  Let me try to help this way.  You still may find some help at the Mentone Swap Meet in 2 weeks.  Click on this link and do a post with what you are looking for...hope to see you there.  BTW...I have some friends in Grand Rapids.  :)  Come on down and meet some of the members.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

Hi Garry, I have come some more paper work on the WH Tractor (B-111) with a Footie Transmission That I need help on. The Tractor Model # is B-252707. The Footie Transmission model # is 669. I do not know if this will be of much help, but it is all that I have at this point. Frank  

gwest_ca

The 669 Peerless 4-speed transmission was used in two tractor models with an 11hp Briggs & Stratton engine model 252707-0150-01

1978 B-111 4-Speed model 82-11BP01 (11=11hp, B=Briggs & Stratton engine, P=Peerless transmission)

1979 B-111 4-Speed model 92-11BP01 (11=11hp, B=Briggs & Stratton engine, P=Peerless transmission)

The 1979 B-81 6-Speed model 92-08BF01 used the 4000-5 Foote transmission. (08=8hp, B=Briggs & Stratton engine, F=Foote transmission)

The 1979 B-111 6-Speed model 92-11BF01 used the 4000-5 Foote transmission. (11=11hp, B=Briggs & Stratton engine, F=Foote transmission)

Peerless 669 parts list

Garry

• Like 1

meadowfield

252707 is the Briggs engine number....

stevasaurus

frank...I sent you a couple of PMs.  We need to know the model number and maybe a couple of pictures would help a lot.  :)

• Like 1

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

Hi Steve, the Model Number is B-252707. The Type or Spec Number is 0151-01. And the ID Number is 92-11BF01-06341 9087. I hope this helps Steve. It dose have a 11 H.P. Briggs and Stratton in it. Frank

stevasaurus

Excellent Frank...just what we were looking for.  Looks like your horse is correct for the engine and trans.  You have a 1979...B-111...with the Foote 4000-5  6 speed trans...with a Briggs 11 hsp engine...B-252707-0151-01.  The spec number tells you some of the differences that your engine has that makes it work on Wheel Horse Tractors...instead of snow blowers, stationary engines, etc.  Now I would feel confident looking for parts or a replacement transmission.  :)

The model # of your tractor...92-11BF01...says 1979...11 hsp Briggs...Foote trans.  And I believe the rest is your serial number...063419087.  :)

• Like 1

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

Hi Steve, Thank you for your help. By the way what dose PM stand for? Also as far as driving down to the swap-meet. It would be very texting physical. On May 6th 2011 I had Back Surgery from my shoulder to my hips. So for safety reason I'll not be driving down to the swap-meet. Frank 

stevasaurus

Frank...PM stands for Personnel Message.  An icon for that would light up and have a number by it.  It is at the top of the main page next to the like icon.  Just click on it to take you to your messages.  :)

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

This is from B-111 Wheel Horse Man, So there is no confusion on the type of Wheel Horse Tractor that I have. It is a1979 Wheel Horse B-111 6-speed Transmission with a Hi Lo range in it. The Engine is a Briggs & Stratton with a vertical shaft in it. Question Dose any one know of any other Transmission with a HI LO range in it that could be used then the Foote Transmission that is  in it now. Thank you to all that can be of help. B-111 Wheel Horse Man

• Like 1

Kelly

I have never seen a small lawn tractor like that with a high low trans, I have a B-112 here but it is a straight up 3 speed with rev. 

stevasaurus

Kelly...they made both.  What we need to know is whether a Peerless 3 speed will bolt on, with little or no modifications, in place of the Foote transmission.  I would think the Perrless would bolt right on, but I am not sure.  :)  The Peerless transmission may be easier to locate...he is looking for options.

• Like 1

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

Hi Steve, sorry I have not been around. It has been a roller coster ride. I have been working with Doctors on pain management control. Steve I have been on the internet and making phone calls trying to fine parts for my Wheel Horse. The only thing I found is that company that was making parts for the Foote Transmission. Stop making them two years ago. I finally found out what was making the intermediate noise in the Transmission. It was the reverse gear going out. Now I have no reverse gear. Steve dose anyone have any ideas where I can get the parts I need to do the repare work needed. Have A Bless Weekend. B-111 Wheel Horse Man

stevasaurus

Glad you are OK Frank...I sent you an E-Mail.  I am hoping that someone reads this and may have a spare Foote trans for you.  I have a couple of people on the look out...this may take some time.  :)

• Like 1

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

Thank you,Steve for your help. I hope someone out there might know of tractor(B-111 with a Foote transmission) and of the part in question. Maybe even have a part number,

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

Hi Slammer 302. Do you have any information for me on the transmission we were talking about for my Wheel Horse-B 111? This is from B-111 Wheel Horse Man. Hope to hear from you soon.

• Like 1

slammer302

I've been really busy at work but I haven't forgotten about you

• Like 1

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

Good Even Steve.,How have you been lately. Would it be all right if I call you tonight? Frank

B-111 Wheel Horse Man

Steve, What dose WWBS ? ?  mean ?  Frank