persof

windmill mole chasers

persof

my back yard is covered in mole tunnels and I hear that they will eat sweet potatoes underground.  I see metal windmill looking devices that claim to make a tapping noise that drives moles away.  Does anyone have any first hand experience with this???

Thanks

Francis

• Like 1

pacer

Dont know about the mole thingy, but if its like that "ultrasonic pest repeller" --- well, probably best to just save your money...and get Craigs solution.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Very effective, and the problem is solved.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

roscoemi

You could always go full Caddyshack and put c4 down the holes! :ychain:

• Like 3

persof

A larger cal Beaman air rifle would be nice for the ground hogs but the moles I never see.  But this is what I am talking about.

Thanks

Francis

post-2413-0-38348000-1397310175_thumb.jp

Edited by persof
  • Like 2

sorekiwi

I never see the moles here either.  They are obviously here, but the only ones I have seen have been body parts left by the cats.

Sorry no help with your windmill...

• Like 2

AMC RULES

• Like 3

.5racer
  1. must be on a long piece of pipe as instructed or not as effective...there's a be b  in the housing and is echoed down the tube or pipe to make the ear shattering noise for them........
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup:  AWE...some!    :bow-blue: 

• Like 1

SpillerMiller

I support Horse Fixers motion. I also use these traps. Nothing can turn a bad day into a good day faster then coming home from work and seeing all 4 tripped

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:confusion-helpsos: These :ranting: moles gotta go.post-7208-0-30496200-1397742051.jpgpost-7208-0-56726700-1397742061.jpg

Has anyone tried smoked mole. :popcorn: I have plenty of expired marine flares I could use to smokem out.

I also  have plenty of fire power as Craig suggests, but I never see the little critters. Do they show themselves at night ? If they do , I could put a infrared night scope on of the 12 gauge 3.5" mags, but that would probably bring a visit from the local :law-policered:   :law-police:  :law-policered:   mounties like another member recently  got for celebrating July 4th too early.

VinsRJ

Noise Makers, Chewing Gum, Poison Worms, All that stuff doesn't work.  :handgestures-thumbdown:    I know cause I've done everything and spent more money than you can shake a stick at. I had 6 of those Sweeney Mole Stakes that give off a shrill buzz. After I seen mole runs within inches of them I figured all the MOLES were doing was dancing!  :banana-linedance: What I found that works is a Nash Mole Trap. I have 6 of them and have used with GREAT results EVERYTIME within 48 hrs or less. You want to know you killed em, using all that other non sense leaves you guessing. I killed 37 last year at different locations and made a few bucks at it too which has kinda taken the sting outta the crap I bought over the years that didn't work.  :disgust:  Anyways After I catch em if they aren't dead I reward them by giving them Free swimming & diving lessons by dropping the trap in a 5 gal bucket "O" water! Jeesh I have yet to have one pass my swimming test!  :eusa-whistle:   Then I hang them on a stick in the front yard so all their friends can see what happens if they show up at The Duke 'O' minium!  :handgestures-thumbup:

~Duke  :wh:

http://youtu.be/_SuqoKt06yg

Truely the only way to deal with them.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Kinda like the idea of smoked mole, so I thought I'd givem a taste of  Horse CO.  Several horses were happy to join the hunt.

post-7208-0-56020500-1397746464.jpg

post-7208-0-54128100-1397746476.jpg

post-7208-0-65813300-1397746487.jpg

• Like 6

AMC RULES

Yeah...let's see how they like huffin' them  :wh: 's for awhile.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

mole report

No new tunnels this morning

I did notice the faint smell of smoked squirrel

Has anyone seen  Chuck... aka, SOI, the smoking rodent ... lately ?

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:omg:    :hilarious:

aka...the smoking rodent.

Ed Kennell

:woohoo:   No sign of any moles this AM.  

• Like 2

AMC RULES

I sooooo.... love these picts.   :)

Kinda like the idea of smoked mole, so I thought I'd givem a taste of  Horse CO.  Several horses were happy to join the hunt.

attachicon.gifIMG_2679 (640x480).jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2680 (640x480).jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2681 (640x480).jpg

C-101plowerpower

anyone tried using calcium carbide? the stuff that produces acetalyne when it gets wet, drop some in the a mole heap, and the moles are gone. if you want it a bit more spectacular splash some water on it and wait a few seconds before you light it :thumbs:

Koen

• Like 1

Coadster32

Good tips. I'll be buying a trap....VERY soon!!! Nothing worked for me either, and my yard is destroyed.

Ed Kennell

anyone tried using calcium carbide? the stuff that produces acetalyne when it gets wet, drop some in the a mole heap, and the moles are gone. if you want it a bit more spectacular splash some water on it and wait a few seconds before you light it :thumbs:

Koen

Never thought of using the carbide.  I have a keg of this stuff.... left over from the days when we worked  the coal mine with carbide lights. Only time I use it now is on July 4th....It makes a great  cannon out of a 1 gallon paint can.    Not recommending this for home use. :scared-eek:

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

You guys do that too? We use the old milk cans and lids or soccerballs for a big bang :)

by the way, the moles hate the smell of it

Koen

Edited by C-101plowerpower
  • Like 2

Butch

Been there, done that. They're voles, not moles. Voles are vegetarians. I've seen a plant shake many times and then that

sucker disappears underground just like a Bugs Bunny cartoon. I've tried gum, several brands, chewed and unchewed,

mole traps, flooding, rat traps, mice traps, smoke, windmills and battery operated vibrators you put in the ground and soalr

power vibrators you put in the ground. NOTHING WORKS. The best thing I have is my cat. He gets 1 or 2 a day. But those

Voles are still destroying root systems. There has to be dozens of them living underground. When my cat doesn't eat one

I take it and shove it in one of the exit holes to let others know this is what they have to look forward to.

• Like 3