Jrblanke

Help with a part number for a bearing on a Gravely Model L

Jrblanke

Hey guys,

I have been using a gravely L8 that I borrowed from my Dad. The bearing on the M106 30" brush mower deck seems to have gone bad. I would like to replace it but I cannot find the part number for the bearings and seal inside the gear box of the deck. Maybe a bearing kit part number?

I'm surprised I have not been able to find it. 

Thanks, 

James 

gwest_ca

Do you know the original Gravely part number?

May be a tapered cup and cone and they are usually well stamped with the Timken numbers.

I see 14083 for a lower seal and 13139 and 13142 for the bearing but not sure I'm looking at the correct ipl.

Garry

eb in oregon

You don't need a PN. Just go to a local bearing supply house with the original and match it for size. If however you live out in the middle of "No where" you can measure the OD, ID, and width, and order it over the phone. Bearing sizes are an industry standard. About the only thing you need do different is maybe select one of a higher quality or grade. Same with the seal, they can match that also. But realistically speaking, both parts should have a PN on them on one face or the other.

shorts

A good bearing supplier should be able to either cross the gravely numbers to standard bearing and seal numbers or match them up by type and size, ID, OD and thickness.

Jrblanke

Good info, thanks guys! I think I have what I need. I also forgot that the bearings would have a number on the top.

coldone

You can call Richards lawn and garden in WV. He can probably tell you from memory.