19richie66

Project: Rough Draft

19richie66

Seat brackets and frame cut and tacked together. I have been trying to figure out how to dress off the tailend of this thing. Stood around and eyeballed the D160 grille I had laying in the corner. I had cut it and narrowed it 8", cut 2" off the width and removed the top headlight section and narrowed and shortened it about 2". I was going to mount it rightside up and put brake lights in it instead of headlights but I flipped it upside and decided the exhaust will come out where the headlights used to be. I will narrow the grille slats and paint them black.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Texas Todd

Would there be enough room for exhaust and taillights in that section? 

Lights wide with exhaust between them would look killer.

19richie66

Oh yeah. Plenty of room. Been thinking about how to do it. The pipe doesnt have to be big and I had planned on making a bezel to fit in there anyways. Just have to divide it into three sections. I'll get it out tomorrow and hopefully get it bolted up and get a better picture. Just have to find the right lights.

• Like 2

Texas Todd

The HD influence in my brain, but dual exhaust coming out between these two?

IMGP1053.jpg

• Like 3

19richie66

Well I put the D-160 grille on a diet. Cut 1.5" off the total thickness, narrowed it and cut the height down and continued the bottom of the grille with the leftover diet metal to make it completely closed all the way around. Now it will get flipped upside down and mounted to the rear of the rat to dress off the tailend. Ill narrow some angle and weld it in th fill the opening like factory. It will swing out to be able to get to the fuel tank and lighting. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Don't mind the homeless green thing in the background 

Edited by 19richie66
Fix photo
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

You mean...   :scratchead:

homely green thing? 

• Like 1

19richie66

It has to watch from afar but one day will be a power steering donor :thumbs:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1

JPWH

Awesome build. I'll be watching!

19richie66

Grab some popcorn and a pillow, lol. Hope to get rolling on it heavy here soon. Between a Honey do list, rain, 300% humidity and a host of other things that get in the way, it's been a long time on this.

• Like 3

Texas Todd

I had forgotten about this one! Glad to see it revived!

• Like 1

wallfish
11 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Grab some popcorn and a pillow, lol

:ROTF:

One thing for sure Ritchie, you don't get'em done quick but the quality of workmanship is top notch!

Hoping to see you and this beast at the big show one day.

• Like 3

19richie66

Thank you john. I try. I get frustrated and have to step back for a bit. I have been working on this house more and more. Pretty much do it all myself. Thats why it takes so long, lol. Its kind of our retirement plan. Hope to sell it in a couple years and move to South Carolina. Master bath is almost done. I installed my new water heater last month, new central heat and air in January, then add on 40 hours a week keeping the Mouse happy and everything else along the way. Anyways, I am working on it again. Hope to be there next year with it. Pics of what I have been doing. At least it's the right color.......

51900048308__22A28FA4-4B28-4483-9D48-7B1D66DD7387.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

• Like 6

953 nut
9 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

have been working on this house more and more. Pretty much do it all myself.

:handgestures-thumbupright:                                                              :text-coolphotos:

There is a lot to be said for sweat equity, When we built our new house I calculated that we saved over $ 80K by doing a lot of it ourselves. That would have been closer to $ 100K if we had to pull that much out of the IRA and had to pay income tax on it.

• Like 2

19richie66

Let's bring this back out of hibernation. Rolled her out today and redid the steering rack mount and made it simpler and cleaner than the bracket I had made earlier. Going to redo the way the floor is so I have been changing around a couple of things. Made my battery box and trimmed up the lower front hood hinge to clear it. Also made a L shaped bracket to weld to the firewall frame for support and the remote oil filter mount should bolt up there. Small steps....... I mean I have only started over twice and been working on it for 3 years now :laughing-rolling:

IMG_5529.JPG

IMG_5530.JPG

IMG_5531.JPG

• Like 7

Aldon

Slick!

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:      If you were to hang a hydraulic pump on the engine you could make that a Power Rack and Pinion.     :ychain:

• Haha 2

19richie66

I have a hydraulic steering cylinder for an outboard and a power steering valve but I decided to keep it this way. It steers pretty easy anyways.  Changed the name also because I had a decal made for the hood. 

IMG_5092.JPG

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: New name fits it perfectly.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Excellent 1

19richie66

It was a hard decision but this is now “project pile o parts”. It has been taking up too much space for too long. Just couldn’t get time to work on it and actually would rather work on the 1054 for my wife. Plus I need the room for the 953 coming home this weekend. So it has been dismantled and all parts will be used on my other tractors. Sorry for the let down but better things to come. Thanks to all the kind words along the way and the encouragement. Peace out ✌️ 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

PeacemakerJack

In the words of Kenny Rogers, 

“You’ve got to know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run...”

Sad end for this build, but if it has a positive outcome for several other tractors in your stable, then it was “time to fold”. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

In the words of Kenny Rogers, 

“You’ve got to know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run...”

Sad end for this build, but if it has a positive outcome for several other tractors in your stable, then it was “time to fold”. 

Ooooooo......

My man Josh right there with words like music.

Well quoted sir.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart

Funny, I started reading this all over and thought “did I miss another build thread?” Then see my posts along the way.  I just forgot one more thing :laughing-rofl:

bummer that it’s a pile of parts, maybe it can be revived as a Carolina Rough Draft :handgestures-thumbupright:  Until then, I’ll be hummin’ me some Kenny Rodgers...

• Like 3

WHX??

Wow Ritchie I missed this thread completely.....awesome regardless of the outcome. Thanks for digging it out!

Edited by WHX20
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

I have a Gilson that is in need if some loving. Been eyeing it wondering what it would look like with this hood/C-120 dash, the magnum 20 and a set of gt14 fenders/floorboards on it.Shaft drive hydro. You never know but nothing happening anytime soon 

FFD4A237-0D75-4096-B1C9-16E74DF60870.jpeg

71CD72A4-CDA4-44F8-9F35-9E8F3DEBA4C9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

Stout!

• Like 1