Dmaxin

D160 mower deck lift link

Dmaxin

Hello.  We have a 1978 D160 with a 48" mower deck, but we're missing the round lift link that goes to the mid-lift point.  Can someone tell me what that link looks like and some measurements so we can make one?  I think it is about 1/2" in diameter, not sure whether it is a "s" shape or a "c" shape.  Also, does it hook into the round hole in the lift arm or the oblong one?

Thank you so much.

Lynn Peterson

lpetersonjr@gmail.com

gwest_ca

This OM may answer your question

Parts list

Garry

Dmaxin

Garry, thanks for the files.  Neither one shows the lift link.  On the file that shows the top view of the mower deck there is a flat bar that goes right over the drive pulley on the deck.  That bar has two holes in it, one perfectly round and the other is oblong.  Our deck shows that the oblong hole is worn from use so we're thinking that's where the lift link is supposed to fasten to and the go up to the mid-lift arm that lifts the deck.  We just don't know what shape it's supposed to be (s or c) or how long it's supposed to be center to center.  Each end of the link has a hole for a hairpin clip.

Sorry for such a long message but I don't know how to describe it any better.

Lynn

Edited by Dmaxin

pacer

Its a 1/2" rod 5" long with an "L" bent on the deck end and other end threaded 1/2-13 for about 1 1/2" with a trunnion screwed on for adjustment. IIRC it attaches to the slotted hole

gwest_ca

The 3rd illustration in the parts list shows the lift link item #31 in the slotted hole as pacer described.

Garry

groundhog47

Couldn't have found it without Garry's file #1 in post 2, maybe this picture will help along with pacer Bill's description. I may have one if you can't get one fabbed, will just have to check out against Bill's.

post-8388-0-70986900-1396188366.jpg

Edited by groundhog47

Dmaxin

Garry, I apologize.  I didn't scroll through or download your file correctly.  The picture/illustration is there just as you said.  Thank you so much.  I've printed it and will show it to my son today.

Pacer, I thought the link was either a "C" shape or "S" shape so I thought you were referring to the smaller link at the rear of the deck.  You were right on target with your description.

Thank you everyone for your help.  This is an incredible forum.

Lynn

gwest_ca

Lynn

Glad we could help. I should add that those manuals are for the 1978 deck. There are many more from 1973-up and even some after the D-Series Autos ended that all fit but have different model numbers. There could be part number changes between them mainly in the spindle and housing areas.

Garry

coldone

The parts are still available from toro. Cant remember the numbers but I had to buy the link and trunion last year for mine.

Dmaxin

Thank you, coldone (a cold one sounds good right now, LOL).  I've checked and they are pretty proud of those pieces.  Seems like they were right around $70/both pieces.  I'll check with previous owner to see if he still has them laying around before ordering. 

Lynn