bmghog

Tire chains

bmghog

Any one have any problems with the chains rubbing on the fuel rail and brake housing on the left side of a 520-H 1988

Bronson Note 3 --- 3178098612

varosd

Is that the 520-H that was recently for sale here on RS?

They should not rub.

Obviously, ensure they are the correct tire chain size for the tire you are using.  Are you using standard turf tires?

tightness of the tire chains is key, place them on a deflated tire then add air. you may need to add tire chain tightener even to the inside of the tire.

I think Mike (Squonk) added a wheel spacer for one of his setups.

Take and post a picture. ^_^

Sparky

Check the hubs, they should be flush with the ends of the axles. If they have come loose and moved in towards the tranny that might be how you lost your clearance.

Mike......

squonk

I have 23x10.50 ag's on My C145 and the chains hit. I used Ford (Oh the irony!) wheel spacers like 5/16'. Had to use longer wheel studs too.

bmghog

Okay thanks thought I would need spacers. ...yes this is the 520-H on here from yesterday. Put the snow thrower on and all ready to go minus the chains. Anyone know where to get calcium for the tires

roscoemi

I used rv antifreeze in mine, usually cheap at Menards.

varosd

Okay thanks thought I would need spacers. ...yes this is the 520-H on here from yesterday. Put the snow thrower on and all ready to go minus the chains. Anyone know where to get calcium for the tires

Calcium is not being used by the Agricultural industry as much,  RimGuard (beet juice), RV antifreeze(non toxic), wiper fluid and some have tried a solid heavy foam filled tire I heard.  lets see some photos!  the one ad photo looked like a pretty clean rig!

bubbacola

Calcium will rust your wheel