Hodge71

2 Pond Signed Broncos

Wishin4a416

An acquaintance of mine has/had a RJ58 signed by Cecil at the big show I think and he has/had trouble selling it.

whlpny

As Scott said - the deal is legit- I have also seen the tractors. Not to my specs for any kind of money - but they do exist. Its my understanding that they weren't sold and the seller changed his mind which he's entitled to do. People are too quick to draw conclusions.

• Like 1

farmerall

An acquaintance of mine has/had a RJ58 signed by Cecil at the big show I think and he has/had trouble selling it.

I know him too and I have worked on that RJ for him. It is signed by Cecil and as far as I know he never sold it. Personally I think he was asking too much for it. I know he has at least one other signed tractor too.

baerpath

Bob hit it straight. I wondered when someone would look at the original post. I had nothing to do with the sale just posted the info where it would be seen.

And yes there are more new Wheel Horses out there. I've tried for yrs to get a new C175 I know of

Heck in central VA area there is a 95 520 with a two stage snowblower that has never been off since new I hauled it down there 7 yrs ago And thats all it does is snowblow. When I was there last summer it had 14hrs on it and is mint

• Like 2

Hodge71

As Scott said - the deal is legit- I have also seen the tractors. Not to my specs for any kind of money - but they do exist. Its my understanding that they weren't sold and the seller changed his mind which he's entitled to do. People are too quick to draw conclusions.

You're right Bob we all have the right to change our minds. All the questioning could have been alleviated with a courteous post saying,

"Guys I have changed my mind, these tractors are too close to my heart and aim not going to sell them. Sorry for getting anyones hopes up. I hope you guys understand"

• Like 3

AMC RULES

...and post a pict.   :teasing-poke:

formariz

I can understand what you're saying whfan. Look at it from a different way though…. New guy, first post ever has a story about 2 Autographed tractors for 8 grand. A few folks ask a few questions about pics and all of a sudden he beats feet never to be seen again…kinda hinky in every way shape and form. Especially when we had 2 other first time posters this week, 1 with a box fresh 1996 520H for sale and another with another 2 tractors and a whole mess of implements that were personal gifts from Cecil Pond to a lifelong friend. After asking for a couple pics, that poster was never seen again as well. Even the most ignorant person would see a trend there…. most wheel horse lovers know about this board.

Some may disagree but IF we angered anyone with theses posts and questions, they should understand….you don't dangle a pork chop in front of a starving bulldog and then complain he bit you when you pull it away from him…..

It seems that the 2 Bronco's issue has been clarified as legitimate. The 520h issue so far no one seems to know anything about.

As for the one in NJ who claims to be a friend of the Ponds, I can shed some light on. I answered that add, not because of the fact that the tractor, a 1968 Electro 12, was personnally given to sellers father by Cecil but because i was interested in the tractor and more importantly  it is around the corner from me. I went to see it and the mentioned implements and made an offer on it which was turned down. I spoke to seller and I believe the story to be legitimate. He offers documentation to prove it from the Pond family, which could probably be easily substantiated, and he is far from being  the type of individual who would need to make such a false claim to sell a tractor.

It is a fact however that this individual and others probably joined this forum just to gain exposure and sell their tractors. Cannot really blame them since where else would they find so many potentially interested buyers? Also the actual connection of any specifc tractor to Cecil Pond wether by a simple signature or something else more personnal, has definitely the interest of many of us. As far as the actual value of it it all depends on the individual interested in buying it. One can however ask whatever one wants.

it is definitely frustrating to most of us who have a vested interest in this forum for these individuals to be vague and evasive about what they are offering. I believe that once they notice lack of interest or skepticism it is the end of interest in this forum to them.

c-series don

After Cecil signed my first tractor at the first show W.H. Show he attended someone standing next to me said WOW do you know how much you just increased the value of your tractor ? This was in no way, shape , or form the reason I wanted Mr.Pond to sign my tractor. I just thought man holy cow I got one of my tractors signed by the man himself, how cool is that ! The next show he came to he signed another one of my tractors and the signatures don't look the same. Now I did not get pictures of him signing them but I don't care because I know they are real and I feel very fortunate to have them. God bless this man who inadvertently gave so many of us such a good clean hobby that can be shared by all age groups.

• Like 4