Hodge71

2 Pond Signed Broncos

Hodge71

Holy Grail of horses..  So did anyone on here get them? 8 grand was really really steep and Duane says in the last post they are no longer available? Did they exist or were we had again?

Kelly

I wondered about them, and would like more info and pics would be nice

Hodge71

Me too Kelly. Duane was the last to post that they were no longer available….I wonder if he snagged them. Pics of those 2 fine machines would be amazing. 100% original tractors are tough to find let alone signed by a Pond and it sounded like they had every attachment with them too….. definitely drooling just thinning about it

Edited by hodge71

varosd

and if they were "Show" tractors...has anyone seen a matched pair of signed Broncos?? :scratchead:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:eusa-think:  Sounds pretty suspicious to me.  :popcorn: 

farmerall

It would be cool to see pictures of them. How much does Cecil Ponds signature increase the value. I'm just curious since 8 grand seems really steep. I know my friend has 2 or 3 tractors that where signed by Cecil.

chazm

There was a listing in Harrisburg,PA Craig's list for about an hour ...no pics...then gone ... :scratchead:

Edited by chazm

Hodge71

This whole thing is weird when you look at the big picture. I mean we all love these little tractors but Im not sure any of us would pay 8 grand for 2 tractors unless Cecil was driving them when we picked them up and even then Im not sure. This coupled with the 2 1968's that a personal friend of the Ponds had in NJ and then never were heard from again and a box fresh 1996 520H all in the same week but never heard about again. I really dont like what my mind is insinuating…. 

AMC RULES

Jeff, you know what they say...

no picts, so it didn't happen. :teasing-poke:   

• Like 2

Ken B

This whole thing is weird when you look at the big picture. I mean we all love these little tractors but Im not sure any of us would pay 8 grand for 2 tractors unless Cecil was driving them when we picked them up and even then Im not sure. This coupled with the 2 1968's that a personal friend of the Ponds had in NJ and then never were heard from again and a box fresh 1996 520H all in the same week but never heard about again. I really dont like what my mind is insinuating…. 

I had a beautiful 1968 Lawn Ranger about ten yrs. ago that I bought from Mike Martino. He told me that Cecil Pond HIMSELF drove this tractor around Mikes yard and he also told me that the Lawn Rangers were Cecils favorite tractor. Somewhere out there there is an 8000 dollar Lawn Ranger... :) Something tells me that soon enough it might be a good idea to have Mr. Ponds autograph authenticated on any tractor that is for sale with his name on it...

• Like 5

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: You gotta admit, that is one easy signature to replicate.  :teasing-poke: 

VinsRJ

I saw that post and I was like this whole WH/tractor thing has jumped the shark... I'm sorry to be the one to burst your bubble but if you would even consider paying $8000 for a "WH show tractor" or a "WH show tractor signed by Mr. Pond" or a "WH tractor not signed by Mr. Pond" you need to have a cranial CAT-Scan.

• Like 5

C-101plowerpower

8000 dollars? that's god damn crazy, if you going to pay that it's time for the looney bin for you.

Koen

bmsgaffer

Not that I am condoning this behavior, but just to clarify $8000 would be for TWO horses.

Don't get me wrong, $4k for a horse is still a lot but its not as astronomical. You never really know when all of a sudden old garden tractors become rare and interesting to more people.

Could you imagine what a show-room condition original 1969 GTO with 10 miles on it would go for right now? In 1980 some people were selling those things for scrap metal.

Not that I would hedge my bet on it, but its possible!

And yes, I DO think this and the new in box 520 are all a scam.

fireman

I could call Duane and ask him! Not sure why he specified the exact time that they were no longer available in the other post. Maybe he will add something to the this thread.

stevasaurus

I've seen a few of Mr. Ponds signatures at different shows, and I want to say that all of them have had a picture of Cecil signing them.  If I had one of those and I was going to sell it...the picture of the signing would go with the tractor. :eusa-think:

• Like 2

rmaynard

I could call Duane and ask him! Not sure why he specified the exact time that they were no longer available in the other post. Maybe he will add something to the this thread.

The reason Duane posted the exact time and date is because the seller edited his original posting with this:

"2/25/2014: as of 9:59 est. this equipment is no longer available.

Edited by fleck, 25 February 2014 - 09:58 PM."

• Like 1

rexman72

if it sounds to good to be true it is

• Like 1

VinsRJ

Not that I am condoning this behavior, but just to clarify $8000 would be for TWO horses.

Don't get me wrong, $4k for a horse is still a lot but its not as astronomical. You never really know when all of a sudden old garden tractors become rare and interesting to more people.

Could you imagine what a show-room condition original 1969 GTO with 10 miles on it would go for right now? In 1980 some people were selling those things for scrap metal.

Not that I would hedge my bet on it, but its possible!

And yes, I DO think this and the new in box 520 are all a scam.

A showroom WH tractor in any day or age will never be equivalent to a 10 Mile 69 GTO... just saying, LOL!

• Like 3

bmsgaffer

A showroom WH tractor in any day or age will never be equivalent to a 10 Mile 69 GTO... just saying, LOL!

That is very true! :banana-dance: It was just the closest metaphor I could pull off the top of my head... :scratchead:

whfan74

I have seen both tractors and all of the equipment.  They were offered to me last year and I politely declined.  They are nice, but not that nice to me. 

Tread lightly on this one....we have turned many folks off to the Wheel Horse collecting community because of our "opinions" (I have been guilty of this before as well)  In this case an opinion wasn't asked for and I would hate for the member to get turned off by the hobby.  They can ask whatever they want....maybe it is worth it to someone.  :)

• Like 8

HorseWhisperer

If Rick can have NOS tractors from the 70s anything is possible.There is some stubborn people out there and they don't get to take "it" to grave.We are all merely temporary care takers of these items.

• Like 2

varosd

We are all merely temporary care takers of these items

If Rick can have NOS tractors from the 70s anything is possible.There is some stubborn people out there and they don't get to take "it" to grave.We are all merely temporary care takers of these items.

"We are all merely temporary care takers of these items."

Now that is a very deep thought!!! ^_^

• Like 2

Wheelhorsestory

Ken is correct.  The Lawn Ranger he owns was driven in my back yard by Cecil.  And no, he didn't pop a wheelie, he feathered the clutch pedal out (LOL). The Lawn Ranger was indeed Cecil's favorite. He liked the way the tiny front tires made it look. It also was a huge seller.

Mike

• Like 3

Hodge71

I have seen both tractors and all of the equipment.  They were offered to me last year and I politely declined.  They are nice, but not that nice to me. 

Tread lightly on this one....we have turned many folks off to the Wheel Horse collecting community because of our "opinions" (I have been guilty of this before as well)  In this case an opinion wasn't asked for and I would hate for the member to get turned off by the hobby.  They can ask whatever they want....maybe it is worth it to someone. 

I can understand what you're saying whfan. Look at it from a different way though…. New guy, first post ever has a story about 2 Autographed tractors for 8 grand. A few folks ask a few questions about pics and all of a sudden he beats feet never to be seen again…kinda hinky in every way shape and form. Especially when we had 2 other first time posters this week, 1 with a box fresh 1996 520H for sale and another with another 2 tractors and a whole mess of implements that were personal gifts from Cecil Pond to a lifelong friend. After asking for a couple pics, that poster was never seen again as well. Even the most ignorant person would see a trend there…. most wheel horse lovers know about this board.

Some may disagree but IF we angered anyone with theses posts and questions, they should understand….you don't dangle a pork chop in front of a starving bulldog and then complain he bit you when you pull it away from him…..

Edited by hodge71
  • Like 5