Forestry4Life

58 RJ Rear Wheels

Forestry4Life

Looking to add dual rear wheels to my 58 RJ. What other years had the same rear wheels that I could use. 12-6 is

what I have now. I haven't had any luck finding any "RJ" wheels, didn't know if some of the later models had the same rear tire set up. Thanks

AMC RULES

The :wh: Suburban's, up to the '64 model year.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Pretty sure they used the same 6-12 rear wheels too.

Forestry4Life

Thanks, that will give me more options! If anyone has any I'm in the market for some.

AMC RULES

Try placing a "wanted" add in the :rs: classified section. 

AMC RULES

:woohoo:  PM sent. :handgestures-thumbsup:

clintonnut

Try finding Cub Cadet (did I just say that?!?!) rear 6-12 tires/wheels. Same stamping but valve stem is on the outside making it easy to fill up the outboard tires with air if needed.

Charlie

Hammerhead

Here's what you might look like when done! Wahooooo!002_zps0cf94086.jpg065_zps64054bce.jpg063_zpse766fa97.jpg

Forestry4Life

Thanks guys, I am bidding on some on ebay right now maybe I'll get them. Charlie if this doesn't work out I'll widen my search to include

cud cadet. Hammerhead that looks tough. My 5 yo would love to carry one like that to the antique tractor pulls.

• Like 1

VinsRJ

Keep in mind that, if the tractor is going to be driven often, the extra weight of the wheel/tires puts a little extra load on the tranny and engine as well as beats on the hubs too.

Forestry4Life

Thanks Craig, y'all gonna keep on! Those things are sharp. I love the way they look. I never got the Kohler going that I was working on but I put a Wisconsin slant cyl on it and it works great! Painted the motor shroud yesterday (used vintage IH red). Real good match.

Also the motor being a slant cyl got the spark plug in the clear of the hood cowling. I know for the purest this is a sin but it got it

going so Reese can drive it around. I'll continue to tinker with the Kohler as I get time and patience! I added some pics of Reese trying it out before I got the motor painted, he was one happy fella to have his horse back running! Thanks again guys

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Your :wh: looks great...  :handgestures-thumbsup:

even better once you get those duals mounted up.