BadDad

Help C160

BadDad

I have a C 160 8 speed. I bought a new drive belt (7473) from parts tree. The old belt kept coming off the pulley when I would push in the clutch. Well the new one is doing the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do to fix it ? Thank you for your help

Donnie 

mrc

donnie, is the belt falling off the engine pulley?  if so, check to see if the belt guides are in place, not bent etc. good luck    mike in mass.

rmaynard

Sounds like something is out of alignment. Stare down the belt from the engine to the transmission and see if anything appears to be out of kilter.Sometimes the input pulley on the transmission can come lose and drift in or out.

Edited by rmaynard

ericj

check the idler pulley. the bearing goes bad and either gets tight & locks up or gets loose and flops around possibly allowing the belt fall off

eric j   

darg

Make sure that the belt is in the right place inside the belt guard, there is a little tab/belt guide welded to the inside of the guard, right off my head I do not remember if the belt went on top or bottom of the tab.