whlpny

Burlys GT-16 4x4

whlpny

I am going to start this post then let John post up the pictures. For quite some time John has had the idea of building a Articulated Gt-16, and last fall we started to make his idea a reality. We have spent most of the winter getting it into a working tractor and are currently at the point of testing before we go to paint. We won't be showing step by step build pics - just jumping through it. This tractor is using a new design than all previous builds on the center joint and I wish to keep it under wraps until a latter date. So please just enjoy what we do show you and hopefully in a few weeks we can show the finished project. Also we are hoping we can successfully upload the test drive video I shot today. Hang tight and lets see if John can follow me up with the pics.....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1396517100609436.1073741839.1393219404272539&type=1&l=2c8f30be21

Alternative album to view-at my FB Page Totally Articulated Garden Tractors by Rock and Son Fabrication.

Heres the videos!!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4nVSDnhrsGoOWFVZ09ONmZyam8/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4nVSDnhrsGoMHBtYmV0MFdpMWM/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by whlpny
  • Like 7

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup:  Awesome...tag team action.   :popcorn:

AMC RULES

Is this articulated beast going to be in attendance at the big Pa. :wh: show? 

Edited by AMC RULES

sorekiwi

I love all of Bobs creations, but I gotta say that that one (with the big wheels) gets me all hot and bothered,,,

• Like 5

Brrly1

Like a kid in the candy store

post-45-0-39183100-1392444999_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

neil

OH MY GOD, John , that it such a joy to see . I can only imagine how excited you must be with this project .  I really hope that i am going to see this work of art at the big show in June , it will make the trip worthwhile just to see this .

Will you be applying  a new coat of shiney red stuff to it ?

• Like 1

Brrly1

Yes, guys it will be at the show. It will also have a New coat if Red paint along with the New Decals that Yes, (wait for it) Terry Dennis has already produced for us. I'm hoping to bring the newly painted GT16 tricycle along with it.

• Like 2

squonk

You're going to need a bigger truck!!!  :ychain:  :ychain:  :)

• Like 1

stevebo

John-

Looks great !! I am looking forward to seeing that bad boy at the show.

• Like 1

meadowfield

Awesome work Bob... And John! :D

Looks like great fun, you are making me want to runout to the workshop...

Expect updates on my 4x4 Raider 16 anytime soon

• Like 2

dclarke

Looks awesome John and Bob!

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Looks good so far! I always enjoy these modified machines.

• Like 1

312Hydro

That's a great looking machine! I guess I can't quite find the words to express my admiration to both of you for the design and fabrication that it took to make this a reality! Did you bend the sheet metal yourself? Very clean,very clean design. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Stigian

I think I'd better stop looking at the pictures now, I'm dribbling too much on the keyboard  :D

Fantastic build, love it :D

• Like 2

Fun Engineer

Looking good Bob and John.  I'd love to have a 4 wheel drive articulated tractor to blow snow with.  Can't wait to see it in June.

• Like 1

whlpny

Sorry Guys- I can't link the video album into this post. Maybe John can get the copy I sent him to upload. Thanks for the comments! Yes red paint is coming along with some very nice artwork on decals from Terry Dennis at redoyourhorse.com  !!! We just have to get through a few weeks here until we begin painting. I have another 4x4 tractor build going up on the lift table this morning so Johns gets tested while I work on the next build for a few weeks. Stay tuned :)

Bobie01

Where is the Gt I just can see a monster!!

from where are the axles that you use ??

Jeff

• Like 1

redrooster

I think 2 sets of duals would make it look unstoppable!! ;-)

• Like 1

Brrly1

Been there, done that with the thought of duals. Sounds great, would look cool but not sure if I could see the functionality behind that. Tires weren't cheap if somebody wants to I'll buy the wheels. Like I say it would be awesome.

• Like 2

whlpny

All my tractors to date are built on Case Ingersol transaxles.

I hear the subject of duals a lot- I had a buyer talk me into putting a set onto a 4x4 tractor before he took it home.  Yes they look neat and gnarly- BUT- I will tell you that to start with- these tractors lay down quite a foot print overall and you have to be paying attention when your driving them. This is particularly worse at a tractor show. The duals make them very unenjoyable to drive when in a show setting especially. They also increase the turning radius as the tires will touch each other when turning. That makes putting in steering stops necessary when they are added after the fact. Now- on Chevelletowns 520 4x4 this isn't as bad as he put some thought into it and used some common sense and went with a narrower tire. Running tires the size of Burlys would be in the uncomfortable area for me -John also planned the build on what he is using with no intention of duals. I have played with just a couple of the tractors and have a pretty good feel for whats realistic and whats not. And No- I'm not knocking anyones opinions - just adding some insight!

• Like 6

whlpny

Ok if everyone goes back to the top post I have added in the Video links to my Google drive and I'm sure they work- please give it a look and try!!!

• Like 1

meadowfield

Working well here!

AMC RULES

Not working here.