Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

Garage Update - Got Wood ?!

kj4kicks

Lunch break ! It's 12;30, and still no shingles here. :banghead: They were supposed to be here between 10 and 1 today.

Anyhow, here are the pics from a few minutes ago. The roof is ready to go, and the flashing and starter strips are up for the siding. All the windows and the entry door are installed now.

P9240541.JPG

P9240542.JPG

P9240543.JPG

Duff

Lookin' GREAT, E! Wish I was there to help out! Hope those shingles hurry up and arrive, 'cuz I've heard the weather is indeed supposed to go way down hill as we get to the weekend (of course!). :USA:

Hey - I like your lunch table in the first photo! :horseplay:

Cheers!

Duff :banghead:

kj4kicks

Wow, what a day !

The transfer truck from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg didn't arrive it time for them to make it to York truck. Long story short, I ended up driving about 45 minutes each way to pick them up. Otherwise it would have been Friday before they arrived.

So we finally got started on the shingles about 4pm. Vickie grabbed the camera and snapped a few pics. It was barely 6pm then, and the lights went up about 7:30ish, and we worked until about 9pm. Bet the passing traffic was a bit confused!

In the end, both sides are about 2/3 done, and the valley is done.

Should have enough time to finish it tomorrow before the rain comes in (fingers crossed smilie)

P9240544.JPG

P9240545.JPG

P9240546.JPG

P9240548.JPG

Stigian

Not long until its finished by the looks of it.

Getting it watertight is a big step in the right direction, handy for working on it inside should it rain as well :banghead:

kj4kicks

The shingles are on! It's a big relief knowing it's waterproof now, since we're looking at 3 days of rain.

Took a couple pics as we were just finishing up. Notice the black clouds rolling in...

P9250549.JPG

P9250550.JPG

DOC in Kentucky

WATERTITE !!!!! :USA::omg:

Time to :lol: and enjoy some :banghead:

Great job!!!

:lol::D:D:D

:thumbs: Eldon you da man!!

BairleaFarm

Looking good. Seems you ve had rain on more than one occasion. Feel free to send some of that our way.

KyBlue

nice Progress!!!

How ya gonna finish out the inside? When I get settled and can put up my own shop, it'll be all drywalled on the inside.. Looks better, easier to keep clean...

kj4kicks

Hi Guys! Thanks for the compliments!

After the garage door is on (should be early next week), and the siding, soffit, and fascia is completed, it's time for the first inspection. That's all the initial permit was for.

Next is upgrading the house to 200 amp service, and splitting 100 amp service to the garage. It's currently only 20 amp service out there, with 100 amp to the house. The new electric cables were run in conduit underground a few years ago, so it should be pretty easy. Many many outlets will be installed, then some serious insulation in the walls and ceiling.

The ceiling gets 5/8" drywall (so it never sags), and the walls get 1/2". Primer/sealer and 2 coats of gloss white paint will finish it off. About 16 sets of 4 bulb fluorescent fixtures will light it up.

Duff

Question more out of curiousity than anything else, E....does your area require any kind of fire-rated door or wall material between the new addition and the existing structure? :USA: We've got some funky codes up this way :omg: .

Place is looking really, really good!

Duff :banghead:

kj4kicks

Hi Duff, not sure if it's a code for residential or not, but the passage door is steel. The original garage is drywalled, the celotex is staying where you see it, and the new drywall is going over top of it. So there will be multiple layers.

I think the codes would come in to play more if the garage were attached to the house, which it isn't.

Thanks!

E.

KyBlue

E, Cant wait to see the inside when ya get it done..