steve-ooo

8 speed installation in b80

steve-ooo

I have a question, would an 8 speed out of a 1990 work horse fit in a 1974 b80? I'm looking to replace the 4 speed with the 8 speed out of a 1990 work horse, would this work? Thanks, Steve

SousaKerry

Should fit but some modification of shifting levers and sheet metal may be required.  The bolt pattern on the from for the Uni-Drives was the same form the 60's on up to the end of production.  Major external differences were the extra hi-lo lever and the brake band location and orientation changed at some point. 

Steavasaurus are you there?? He will know the exact differences.

stevasaurus

Sousa...I was looking at this this morning and checking manuals.  I did not post in here because I had a couple of concerns and questions and I am not sure of what he really has there.  Could not find much information.  The first thing is...I don't think they made a Work Horse in 1990...so I am not sure what transmission he really has.  If it is a Wheel Horse 8 speed, then it would fit with the modifications you suggest.

Steve-ooo...I think it is time that you figure out how to post some pictures of this spare transmission...let's have a look.  I think we would like to see this off road B-80 also.  It will make it a lot easier to help you.  :)

Set up a Photobucket account (free)...up load your pictures to there and then copy (using the IMG code) and paste in a post in this thread.

steve-ooo

The transmission is out of a work horse in the for sale section on the 3rd page, so I don't have it yet and I would like to post some pics but it's kind of in pieces right now