WHEEL HORSE BILL

C-101 no spark and getting (MAD)

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Hi guys i have a c-101 with no spark I changed the coil,points reset to .20 and also canged the condencer nothing no spark.

what else can I change or do.I bought it with a this problem but still can't figure it out.

Tom.

Hi,

Not often the problem but could it be the spark plug? Check its clean and gapped correctly, I have had this before and it's just been a case of a dud spark plug.

Tom

WHEEL HORSE BILL

It's a new plug.

rmaynard

The power to the coil goes through the PTO interlock. I would try connecting a wire directly from the (+) terminal of the battery to the (+) terminal of the coil. See if it starts. If so, there is something open in the wiring from the ignition switch to the coil. Attached is the wiring diagram for your C-101.

Don't forget to remove the wire after the test, as you will either burn up the coil or drain your battery if the points are in a closed position.

post-2221-0-96362200-1391450415_thumb.jp

• Like 2

nylyon

Make sure that you have 12v at the positive side of the coil.

• Like 1

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Ok I think I know the cause.All the switches are gone, seat safety switch was bypassed one loop the brake switch was also bypassed with loop and the pto clutch switch was by passed with only one wire cause going to one terminal to another this could be the problem.I think the pto clutch switch is messed up.I may have to retrace my wiring.

Edited by WHEEL HORSE BILL

WHEEL HORSE BILL

I'm gonna post some pictures of the problem im having on facebook.I don't know how to post pictures here.For some reason it's not down loading.

Jparkes43

I bypassed some of my switches and did it wrong and that stopped it from starting,

James

Tom.

Hi,

To upload photos you will need a photobucket account. Just create a photobucket account, upload the images to their and then copy the IMG code and paste it onto here, that should work then. If not just post up any problems you are having.

You probably already have but make sure all connections are clean and tight, sometimes it's simply a loose or dirty connection.

Tom

Jparkes43

Hi,

To upload photos you will need a photobucket account. Just create a photobucket account, upload the images to their and then copy the IMG code and paste it onto here, that should work then. If not just post up any problems you are having.

You probably already have but make sure all connections are clean and tight, sometimes it's simply a loose or dirty connection.

Tom

Or just upload to the gallery and use goose files to import to the thread, that is what I do

James

Edited by Jparkes43

WHEEL HORSE BILL

I'll just post it to facebook under redsquare page

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Pictures are on facebook under redsquare page

rmaynard

Some of us don't use Facebook. It would be nice if you would upload them here. It is very easy. Just use the "more reply options" and where it says attach file at the bottom, click the "choose file" button, select the file to upload and when it has completed, just click the attach file link next to the file.

skrusins

I have had a brand new plug that was a dud, also I didn't know if you check to see if you have 12v at the points.

They may have oil or film  on them. I always was told to slide a paper money bill between the contacts to clean.

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Here are the pictures That all you guys wanted to see.Can you see anything wrong.post-5677-0-70541800-1391480877.jpgpost-5677-0-13522100-1391481295.jpgpost-5677-0-08747500-1391481429.jpgpost-5677-0-10761100-1391481550.jpgpost-5677-0-14522900-1391481632.jpg

rmaynard

Hard to tell anything from the pictures, but as I suggested earlier, just make a jumper by taking a piece of 14 or 16 gauge wire and go directly from the (+) terminal of the battery to the (+) terminal of the coil. That's the quickest way to test it. If it starts, then you know that the coil, condenser, points, plug and plug wire are okay. Then you can take a meter and check the rest of the wiring as shown in the diagram to see where the problem is. On the other hand, if it doesn't fire by using the jumper wire, you can safely assume that either the coil, condenser, points, plug or plug wire are bad.

• Like 5

WH nut

Hard to tell anything from the pictures, but as I suggested earlier, just make a jumper by taking a piece of 14 or 16 gauge wire and go directly from the (+) terminal of the battery to the (+) terminal of the coil. That's the quickest way to test it. If it starts, then you know that the coil, condenser, points, plug and plug wire are okay. Then you can take a meter and check the rest of the wiring as shown in the diagram to see where the problem is. On the other hand, if it doesn't fire by using the jumper wire, you can safely assume that either the coil, condenser, points, plug or plug wire are bad.

Best answer right there^

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Picture #1 shows the one wire they used to jump it.The rest of the prongs go to nothing if you look carefully

Then pictures #2 shows the seat and brake also jumped.

Maynard I tried doing the single wire. It turns over but has no spark. 

I really think it's the pto clutch switch there is none and I think it needs a complete curcuit the get spark.

rmaynard

Maynard I tried doing the single wire. It turns over but has no spark. 

I really think it's the pto clutch switch there is none and I think it needs a complete curcuit the get spark.

If you used the jumper directly to the coil and you have no spark, then you either have a bad coil, wrong coil, bad or improperly adjusted points, bad condenser, bad wire to the points, bad spark plug, or bad spark plug wire.

By using the jumper, you are eliminating all other possible wiring problems such as safety switches, ignition switches, etc.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Bill, listen to Bob.  By jumping 12v directly to the coil from the battery, you eliminate all the switches, wiring and connections that cause 99% of the problems. All that is left is the plug,points,condenser,coil, and the wiring connecting these components.     If It doesn't fire with the jumper on,  check the coil/plug wire and the coil/points wire for continuity. If they are good, install new plug, points and condenser ... they are cheap.   If still no fire, replace the coil.  If it still does not fire, you did something wrong....recheck the two wires.

Hodge71

:deadhorse:  :text-yeahthat:  PLease listen to what we are trying to tell you. Run the jumper from the positive battery terminal to the positive side of the coil. It will eliminate all your bypasses and tell you if everything is ok.

• Like 1

WH nut

One thing is for sure. If you replace enough parts you are bound to stumble across the bad one.

• Like 1

WHEEL HORSE BILL

I've tried everything still nothing can someone please call me 401 339-6570.just went out and bought new points also still nothing.is there a way to test coils.I have a new on there but maybe i'st bad I got spark to the points what else can to do.

WHEEL HORSE BILL

I need this beast for tomorrows storm.

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Ok I put a wire from +positive to the coil positive again and it worked this time.I don't know what happened last time sorry.But now what do you guys think is wrong the wiring