edwroy

C195 & Ark 550 more pics

edwroy

Here is some pics of my current project. This is a '82 C195 and have added an Ark 550 FEL - I don't believe the 550 was for Wheel Horse - first coat of paint is orange. I had to modify the subframe to fit the 195. Also had to have weld shop make front mounts, make a pump mount, and replace the top of the bucket which was really dented. Now to make some final repairs and then to sandblast and powder coat.

Thanks,

Edwroy

post-2267-0-22514500-1391389889.jpg

post-2267-0-52044300-1391390518_thumb.jp

post-2267-0-48754500-1391390540.jpg

• Like 3

Tankman

Great work! Can't hardly wait to see the pretty WH paint job! :ychain:

edwroy

More pics of modifications.

Edwroy

post-2267-0-78491400-1391390748.jpg

post-2267-0-76080000-1391390769.jpg

post-2267-0-92068700-1391390803.jpg

• Like 1

edwroy

Oh, I did add tri-ribs to the front - steers nicely. Considering 520 gear reduction modification as well.

Edwroy

post-2267-0-37466300-1391391164.jpg

post-2267-0-12541800-1391391180_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Sparky

Great looking heavy duty machine!

No need to start three separate topics, I merged all three into this one thread.

Mike..............

edwroy

Thanks for merging - didn't know how.

Edwroy

smoreau

Nice work!

AMC RULES

Nice looking welds there...machine is looking great.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

JackC

Now that is a "Super C".

boovuc

Nice work! Love seeing loaders!

Wheel-N-It

Good choice for a front loader tractor. Small enough to be compact, big enough to be comfortable to operate.

neil

I have allways wanted to own a C195 but i dont think they were available in UK

Nice tractor

mattd860

Here is some pics of my current project. This is a '82 C195 and have added an Ark 550 FEL - I don't believe the 550 was for Wheel Horse - first coat of paint is orange. I had to modify the subframe to fit the 195. Also had to have weld shop make front mounts, make a pump mount, and replace the top of the bucket which was really dented. Now to make some final repairs and then to sandblast and powder coat.

Thanks,

Edwroy

Nice looking tractor!! My foot pedal kit works nicely on the C-195's with Loaders -  Let me know if you want one. 

pfrederi

Very nice installation.  I would consider adding a filter to the bypass line (from the valve bank to the reservoir).  The reservoir is just the inside of the left hand support.  They will rust inside and bit flake off and that is not good for you pump.  There is a (or should be a screen) on the suction line (bottom of the support ) It will catch the larger chunks (assuming it hasn't been damaged over the years) but will let smaller abrasive material circulate.  Northern tool has inexpensive bypass hydro filters. Some info on this here.

Edited by pfrederi

papaglide

Very nice looking tractor and great job with the loader mod. You got yourself a real nice machine!

Horse Fanatic

Looks great! Are you going to make a weight for the 3 pt hitch?

rexman72

very good work

Operator

I see you put reduction seering on, I'm doing that to my C-195 [84]  I have mine all off and ready to put reduc. on.  Any pointers? Where did you extend the shaft going forward? And did you have to shorten the steering weel shaft any?   On the reduc. gear "box" did you mount it in excisting frame holes to which ones on "box" front holes or rear?

Brrly1

Edwroy, the 550 ark loader was built for Wheel Horse tractors. It was put on the D series along with the D250. I have seen other pictures in the past. Even C series tractors with the 550 Ark loaders. I have to believe what you have is just one thats lost the sticker that goes across the front cross bar on the loader. If you look you just might find one. Good looking machine

Rooney

post-9722-0-90247500-1394550796_thumb.jpThe ID plate on loader frame says it was made by Wheel Horse. Does anyone know if this is an Ark loader or was it made by Wheel Horse.   

dodgemike

Love the FEL's. Great job on the

mods to fit your tractor. Show us

pics when done painting.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

MalMac

Yes it is a Ark. Ark made them for Wheel Horse and others. It just has a Wheel Horse ID tag on it. The tag is used to identify Wheel horses model number for the loader.

hm12460

That looks like a Barnes gear pump? If so, excellent choice! How much is it rated to flow?

Adams94

What did you have to modify on the subframe? I just picked up an ark 550 yesterday.  Would like to put it in my c195 possibly 

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

• Like 2