pfrederi

Which Horse will they have to pry from your cold dead fingers

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

As I have only been enjoying  wheel horse tractors for a few months its hard for me to say. But so far I cant see getting rid of my 854 or my 416.  l think they are both great, super machines. And plenty of enjoyment.

Glenn

Hodge71

Boy this is a tough one. I would have to say my 18 Automatic as its the tractor I always wanted from the first time I could read my Dads 1973 sales brochure. Now if by some chance I get my Dads 100% original 12 Automatic that would be the one I could never give up no matter what. That tractor has over 5000 hours on the Kohler and tranny and runs as good today as it did when he picked it up in October of 1973. Never sat outside a day in its life and has tilled a garden, plowed their 300 foot long driveway, mowed over an acre of grass for 40 years, 35 of which it had the factory lawn vacuum on it. Now it lives with a 48" side discharge deck from my 416 on it to mow. 

• Like 2

Gunny

I find it kind of neat.  Unless I counted wrong, 10 of the replies to the question  so far, contained "Grand Dad, Dad, Son or Grandson" somewhere in the body of the reply.  Folks often ask me why I get wore out tractors and spend the time to fix them up.  Just think, in 10-15 years someone on this forum will re-ask the same question......I wonder what the answer will be then.  Hopefully, even then it will contain the same words.  If we are lucky, it will be memories about the same tractors we all have now.  Sometimes I even try to pop a wheelie on that 857, then look around and make sure Dad didn't see me.......and he lives 120 miles away!   

• Like 3

cruisnblue48

I think Gunny hit the nail square on the head. For many of us WH collectors, it's all about sentimental value... having a unique item that keeps us close to family, i.e grand dads, dads, sons (and daughters), and the grand kids. When I was a youngster, I would ride our lawn tractor around on the blacktop in oval circles pretending to one of my heros at the local dirt track races instead of actually mowing grass. He would yell at me and ask me if I was trying to wear out the tires or blow up the engine. My dad passed away 23 years ago but yeah, I also still have to look over my shoulder for my dad when I ride my puller. Still missin' ya, Pop.

Edited by cruisnblue48
  • Like 4

MalMac

I am in the "It was my Dad's group" my 701, I grew up on that tractor. That tractor and I were made the same year.

• Like 3

WheelHorse79

For me, it's my '79 C-101.  My Dad bought it new on 12/29/1979 (trading in our old 854) and it has been in the family ever since.  I just plowed the driveway with it yesterday, and it brought back a flood of memories.  My Dad passed away 10 years ago, and the C-101 is one of my strongest links back to him.

post-8950-0-77071700-1390542433.jpg

Edited by WheelHorse79
  • Like 3

Jparkes43

No one is taking my 227-5 it's my pride and joy

Ken B

I suppose for me it would be this one. I had the most fun building this one,  I have the most fun while riding this one, and its all me.

003-24_zps5baa080b.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 4

stevebo

Here are a few of mine...

post-734-0-10041900-1390567774_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-41123000-1390567827_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-63577900-1390567866.jpg

• Like 4

Wheel-N-It

OK, I've got to throw a picture in too. Here is my Baby, the same 312 in the avatar. I hope they got Wheel Horses in Heaven so I can take this one with me :)

post-5982-0-21103300-1390571894_thumb.jp

• Like 4

calibear2003

NONE.....haha, they have a nice utility value depending upon where you live, but they are just another material thing for me. I would just have more space in my garage and fewer things to stumble over.

Fun Engineer

Yep, dad's Commando 8. Of course the boys will inherit it when I'm gone.  Hope they appreciate it as much as I do.

55rj35jr

For me I am attached to all of my tractors, but the one that must stay in my family is my deceased fathers 1966 model 656 picture shows my dad enjoying a ride at a local tractor show. Miss you dad.. :) post-5315-0-90169400-1390612187_thumb.jp

• Like 3

JackC

Tough questions since they are all keepers.  If I could keep only one it would my first 520HC.  I have 3 but the one below was the first.  Next would be one of my C-175 Twin Automatic black hoods.  My collection includes mostly the smooth running and powerful twin flatheads with hydros.  The 520HC is the grandfather of the 520H Series.  The C-175 Automatic is the tractor my Dad had and how I developed the addiction.

Edited by JackC
  • Like 3

slammer302

My commando 8 it was my first gave to me by my dad it has served me well

• Like 1

TT

I will never get rid of this Wheel Horse:

tattoo-2.jpg

I seriously hope I'm not on a tractor when I die. :blink:

• Like 2

papaglide

My 1974 B-80. It wasn't my Dad's. Heck, it wasn't even in the family. I got it in trade about 5 yrs ago for a non running GT 14. (Didn't understand the Wheel Horse "thing" at that time.) It was my first Wheel Horse that made me appreciate what a WH was. I learned about wiring on it, changing a fuel pump, adjusting the carburetor and more. I learned to work on tractors by fixing that thing. She has never failed me in the past 5 years and I have grown quite sentimental towards her.

Funny thing is I got the GT-14 back last summer........running! (Now I appreciate that tractor also!)

• Like 1

oaktown1987

Toss up between 875 and b100

rick

Probably it would be my 1997 314-8

608KEB

1975 C-100 8 speed. 36" RD mower deck.

The original owner died in 1982 and it sat for 30 years in a shed. I bought it through a estate sale. It still has the original belts and spark plug. I'm guessing it has 150 hours or less.

Edited by 608KEB
  • Like 3

rayshorses

My 1976 c-160 8 speed is my favorite because it reminds me of the 1973 10-8 speed my dad bought me when i was 13 years old. I wish i could find that tractor again. I sold it to someone in Fitchburg MA in 1978. Its the one shown in my avitar. I had 12 different attachments for that machine.I often wonder how i could go about finding it ...if it even still exists.

T McCool

My one and only my friends.

post-12319-0-11639800-1390882932_thumb.j

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It

Thats a great pic McCool. Do you have any more of those???

T McCool

Thank you! I used to have a bunch on my old phone. Maybe ill snap and edit some more this evening for ya :)

• Like 1

VinsRJ

It would have to be my all orginal RJ....

post-1597-0-08157500-1390922328_thumb.jp

• Like 1