fourwheels0

new to me 551

WheelHorse79

OUCH!  That poor girl was rode hard and put away wet.  I still think it's worth saving.  It would be a labor of love. :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

Wheel Horse Kid

Sorry to hear you are coming across so many issues with it...I agree it is worth saving though!

hcminis

ouch...

Wheel-N-It

Dude, this has not been a good week for you. Sorry you have had all these problems. Best of luck to you should you decide to restore this old Horse.

fourwheels0

thanks for all the support guys.

it will be rebuilt but it's just gonna take a lot more time and money than i planned.

i guess this one won't be sold for any profit so i might as build it to have fun with.

i don't know what all i'm gonna do to it but it'll be a fun little toy when it gets done.

Uncle Buck

OUCH!  That poor girl was rode hard and put away wet.  I still think it's worth saving.  It would be a labor of love. :twocents-02cents:

I totally agree, I have one of those that many would consider nothing more than a rusted rolling  pile of parts that will not even steer! I have no engine, the hood needs repair I need 4 new tires and various other parts before it will ever run! To me, yours is a walk in the park and well worth the effort.

The earlier round hoods seem to be getting a bit scarce so I really doubt you got screwed too very bad. You will get there, just hang with it man, in the end you will be rewarded with a wonderful little machine.

T McCool

Ouch! One more reason to tear him down for a full rebuild. Horses are like family to us folks, they have personality too. Fix him up and show him some love. On to your engine situation, i highly recommend a good ol' kohler ;)

victor3ranger

I would love to have your 551 the way it is right now.  I could use the parts for mine that I want to get going. :)

fourwheels0

well it's been a while and things are not any better.

i do have a rear end and frame coming but i have to sell the tractor.

it will be listed as-is and tore down. it can be just put back together and run or restored.

the engine does run good.

due to circumstances beyond my control i'm selling everything i own (tractor,household stuff ect)  so i can have a place to live.

WheelHorse79

PM sent. 

Edited by WheelHorse79

T McCool

Im sorry to hear buddy :/

• Like 1

fourwheels0

well this has moved on to another member.

it will be put back together and will live again.