svcabre

New restored Wheel Horse 702 in Catalonia

svcabre

Do you know of any other Roundhood  wheel horse tractors in your country ? would be interesting to se how many there were in spain .

Hi neil,

I'm sorry, but I don't know other owners of a wheel horse, not here in Catalonia or Spain, part of which is already registered as members of the forum here.

I think here in Catalonia, and Spain were sold a few.

svcabre

I made this post to show you the final result of the front lights. I tried to respect it as was the original one.

To finish definitely the restoration just missing tail light and decals. These would be the last step.

post-11483-0-95170100-1390061927_thumb.j post-11483-0-84439500-1390061938_thumb.j

post-11483-0-07191400-1390061945_thumb.j post-11483-0-08226500-1390062027_thumb.j

• Like 5

zanepetty

They look great!

Wheel-N-It

Excellant work Sergi. Thank you for sharing your progress with us.

svcabre
Hi everybody!

After some days without any new photo. A friend of mine finally finished the vinyl decals and they look great!

post-11483-0-53733500-1392164051_thumb.j 

post-11483-0-35636300-1392163806.jpg

The last missing part will be placed on completing the license plate and the backlight with the old retro style from sixties.

• Like 1

zanepetty

Beautiful to say the least. I love it. Nice tractor and nice job!

JamesBe1

Wonderful restoration Sergi! 

I hope your great-grandchildren will enjoy it some day.

meadowfield

Top job :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Very nice.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

chazm

Sweet looking 702.... great job !!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Lane Ranger

I really like those headlights!  Great job on the restore!

Edited by Lane Ranger

Lane Ranger

Sergi:  Post a few more pictures of the final work you did on the tractor so we can all enjoy seeing how great it came out when completed!     I really like the 702 and the quality of the work you did on this restoration!

Terry M

Nice looking 702!    :handgestures-thumbupright:

JamesBe1

Wow, what I nice restoration.  I bet your great grandfather is smiling!

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Very nicely done.  :bow-blue:

wheeledhorseman

Nice job. Well done!

stevasaurus

That is one excellent 702.  Fantastic job on her.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Stigian

Great work, she looks fantastic :thumbs:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Mike in NC
      By Mike in NC
      This happened to jump on my trailer. I am thinking it is a 702. 7 HP Kohler with 62 printed on the serial number sticker. It needs some parts and some work, but engine is loose. Can't beat free! Guy said it was his dads tractor and the last time he remembers it running, his dad drove it. He said his dad passed away 26 years ago. Now I have a 701 and 702!

• ayeater
      By ayeater
      Hello, I am currently nearing completion of the restoration of my Wheel Horse 702 and I am finding parts that I am missing including a starter belt cover, brake guard, seat, deck height adjuster and possibly a new steering wheel. If anyone can point me in the direction to find them I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
    • mhlmeader
      By mhlmeader
      Hi folks, long story, but here goes.  My dad got this or at least part of this tractor about 30 years ago, I vaguely remember going with him and helping heft it into the back of a pickup truck.  He ended up blending two tractors together for some reason, I dont know why.  He's used it in his small garden, pulling trailers and such.  

Fast forward, he's 72 now, I'm turning 48 soon.  So, anywho, he tells me his tractor is locked up, wont shift!!! Rutt row!!! But it is at least in neutral.   I didn't have alot of time to mess with it, not that I wouldnt have, so he finds a place in south bend( an old wheelhorse dealership) that will work  on  it.  We load it up, get there, guys come out to look at it, and guy ask if that's a hydrostatic drive!!, oh no, I knew we were in the wrong place, turns out they wont mess with it, too old!  So before it escalates,  I tell my dad, I'll take care of it, I knows some people, dig it!!

So, on the way home, I says, you have left that tractor outside alot haven't you? Oh no, son, always inside, I didn't believe him.  

So I do some googling, and reading through the forum 9n what to do first, or to try.  First, I drained the oil, but there wasn't any, so I shook the tractor and drained the quart of water outta the tranny.  Then I filled it up with gear oil, started the tractor, let it idle abit, slowly but shirly I could shift through all the gears!!!! Yippy!!!!

Then I noticed the head gasket appeared to be blown,  was blowing out the side.  Got a new head gasket,  old one wasn't actually blown, but I installed new one anyway, still blowing by.  More googling led me back here to learn to sand the head as best I could, and then more, pluse some spray on copper permatex.  Sealed the gasket!!!! WOO HOO!!

So next is attaching a fabricated belt restrain on the bottom of the belt guard, I learned I needed that from looking through the forum too, she grinds a little bit when trying to shift.  And I also ordered a new break band today from one of the forum members.  

I actually power washed it today, its seen better days, but starting to look better.  I'm gonna change the tranny fluid again, change the engine oil, and then I'm gonna call it good for now. 

Anyway, just wanted to share about my dad's old horse, and how I been spending my time lately.  Learned alot too!!!

• CasualObserver
      By CasualObserver
      1962 Wheel Horse sales mini brochure. Original is only 1/4 size of regular paper sheet.

Full size
      10 pages 1.8MB
    • Tyler71
      By Tyler71
      Hey guys I’m needing to figure out 100% what attach a matic I need to mount a mid mount grader blade to my 702 all I have found is I need a MA-1 speed hitch but what years do I look for or does anyone have pictures