rmaynard

Cracked Hands and Fingertips

Save Old Iron

This will help out

http://www.amazon.com/Bayer-Dermal-Therapy-Heel-Care/dp/B001G8Y8XU

use the HEEL CREAM version of the product line as it has the highest Urea content. Urea will penetrate under the skin and retain mositure. Continued use of the product will also dissolve any dried or calus skin and prevent you from using sandpaper. This is a high price point product made by Bayer. I worked for the diagnostics division of Bayer which designed and supported professional diabetes hospital instrumentation, I can say this product was highly recommeded..

The key is to start by using the higher Urea content HEEL CREAM until your fingers soften and calus skin is removed. At this point, start to use the lower Urea % products (less costly) from this same line to maintain your skin during this coarse weather.

p.s. this stuff is so good it is used as therapy for folks with dry fingernials - it will even penetrate into and soften fingernails - over time.

Edited by Save Old Iron
  • Like 1

woodchuckfarmer

Supper glue works for me.

can whlvr

I too am a brick layer,stone mason ,concrete former,placer,I work with guys that get cracked fingers bad,i get it from time to time,we use hockey tape on our fingers to seal up the cracks,but nothing works full time,just a break from bricks and then they heal a bit,i empathize with you guys,when it hurts to wash your hands

• Like 1

AMC RULES

MIL recommends "Fisherman's Friend" by Neutrogena, just a dab with water to seal your hands. 

Re labeled just "hand cream" now...glycerin rich, and concentrated.   :confusion-shrug:

Edited by AMC RULES