JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

TODAY'S SNOW PICS & WHAT'S THE BIGGEST MACHINE?

Machria

Is mine a tall or short stack single?   How do ya tell, and can you just add length to the shute?

You have a short chute. You can see the height of mine - hence, tall chute. Never heard of anyone wanting to add length to their chute if it was a short chute.

Rob

So can I get a newer long chute to fit the GT14?

dbartlett1958

Machria,

You would need the entire tall chute blower. You could not really alter yours to a tall chute.

TT

So can I get a newer long chute to fit the GT14?

I think it depends mainly on the age of the thrower - but I don't know specifics.

I converted my 1986 thrower to the tall chute with gear rotation and it was a simple bolt-on swap.

WHmisc009.jpg

WHmisc019.jpg

WHmisc022.jpg

You could also fabricate a slightly smaller diameter / taller chute or adapt one from a different brand of thrower / blower. 

• Like 1

cdsl810

My 520-H with a single stage tall just blasted through 17" of fluffy top, wet bottom snow. No sweat for the 520, or for the single stage. It outperformed my neighbor's new track driven walk behind with a 26hp motor. It throws the snow much further and faster, and I get to sit down and enjoy it!

earlleecliffton

c-195 + 400lbs wheelwieghts, chains,blade = 1 bad a## snow removal system...

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

dbartlett, re: how slow. low range, 1st gear. throttle at full, keep the auger chewing. Like you said, it will just take some time. Trial and error, figure out how the ol girl wants to move around on the dance floor. Thanks

Glenn