JDPugh

Wheel Horse 314-8

JDPugh

I have a Toro Wheel Horse 314-8 that I am going to sell. Found it at a Toro Dealer still in the shipping container in 2000 and have owned it ever since. Pictures attached.

Kohler Command 14

42" Side Discharge Deck

Hours On Clock 390

Clutch needs adjusting, but otherwise pretty good shape, always kept in a shed, used only for mowing my yard. The hours are low because for several years I had a service mow my yard due to time requirements of my business. Retired a few years ago and started mowing again myself. Planned to send it to the shop for clutch adjustment, check belts & general maintenance over this winter and get ready for spring. However circumstances have changed and we are scaling down to an apartment and I no longer need the mower.

I am in North Carolina and would like to get an idea of what it is worth ?

Thanks for you help !!

Denny Pugh

post-10041-0-77529500-1388437240.jpg

post-10041-0-26306700-1388437241_thumb.j

post-10041-0-61474400-1388437241_thumb.j

post-10041-0-00698900-1388437242.jpg

• Like 1

ba2988

My opinion is that you could probably get $1k or a little better for it.  But who knows - you have a nice tractor with low hours and the right person would pay more.  I have bought a 314 hydro and a 520 hydro in NC and paid $750 for the 314 (which was a 93 model with a little over 500 hours) and $1,200 for the 520 (94 model with 600 hours) both were in excellent condition.

Edited by ba2988

JDPugh

Thanks for the info.....I put it into the classified section for $800.00. Be happy with that if I could get a quick sale.

They are great lawn tractors, I grew up with a neighbor who had a Wheel Horse before Toro took them over. That neighbor still has that one and another one his children are still using. I saw many "Lowes" mowers come and go during that time and never forgot it. When I bought my current home with a big yard I went hunting one. The salesman at the Toro dealership kept telling me they did not make those "Classic" style mowers but I knew they were still on the website so we went round and round. Finally the owner walked by and ask what we were talking about so I told him. He smiled said come with me.....sure enough he opened a box and there it was. Toro had shipped it there by mistake and it had never been taken out and prepped for sale....boy was that salesman red faced when he saw it.

• Like 1

Ken B

I wish you lots of luck selling the 314, it is well worth the 800.00

AMC RULES

I can't believe it hasn't sold already.   :scared-eek: 

• Like 1

Forest Road

$800 is fair. It'd easily get $1200 -1500 in NJ.

Kelly

That is a very good deal

Wheel-N-It

I would have inquired about the 314, but I just bought a 314HYDRO last week. Gotta pay the property taxes next week :(

Edited by Wheel-N-It

JDPugh

The paint is much better than the pictures look. It was cloudy that day and I was using my old flip phone camera.......  My digital camera is on the fritz. I need a new phone.......and camera sounds like  :) I know I have underpriced it for this forum but I would rather sell  it to someone who knows what it is. I have it listed on Craigslist for a bit more.

Jrblanke

I am very tempted to drive down and make an offer. It does not make sense given that I already have a 314-8.

Edited by Jrblanke

AMC RULES

A back up tractor, like the model you already have...

makes perfect :wh: sense to me.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

JDPugh

Me To !!!!  :)

WH nut

I am very tempted to drive down and make an offer. It does not make since given that I already have a 314-8.

When does buying another tractor ever really make sense, just buy it :woohoo:

• Like 2

varosd

Dang!  I was just in High Point over the holiday.  Of course the wife told me "No CL while we are down in NC!" :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

:text-yeahthat:  or in my case multiple backup tractors ;)

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I am very tempted to drive down and make an offer. It does not make since given that I already have a 314-8.

When does buying another tractor ever really make sense, just buy it :woohoo:

Why does it need to?    :)  Just bring it home already.

ericj

i have back ups for the back up plus a couple of extras just ask don varos. i think i might be wearing of on him he just picked up 2 more within the last month

eric j 

Jrblanke

You guys are too funny!

I have since sold the 312 after robbing the deck from it, but the 876 is sitting in my drive way and will be on the back burner while I get the  C100 running. The 314 is in the building.

One other thing is that I would also like to stay married as my wife is pretty cool. Gotta keep the women folk happy! 

• Like 1