steve k

commando 8 snow blowing

steve k

Edited by steve k
  • Like 8

Sparky

Great video! Your right about the snowblower being the perfect size for an 8hp machine.

Mike..........

• Like 1

rayshorses

Nice video. I often wondered how well an 8 horsepower machine could run a snow blower...now i know. It looked effortless. Thanks for sharing.

squonk

Looks good. Musta been a calm day no blow back. How well go those tri-ribs work?

AMC RULES

Very impressive.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

steve k

Thanks Guys!   Your right Squonk it was a calm day thank goodness with that powder snow.  I guess I could try pointing the chute down more if ever it gets windy.   Also The Tri Ribs are FANTASTIC!!   I would not use any thing else.  I got so sick of the turf tires sliding forward no matter which way the wheel was turned.......   They work great on blacktop and grass.

I should also give a great big thanks to the members on and involved with this site!!   I could not have restored that tractor with out the help and information from Red Square and it's members!

Steve

Edited by steve k

Wheel-N-It

I admit I don't know beans about using a snowblower, but that was impressive. After seeing Jr's new 876 yesterday what amazes me is how much work that little 8hp Kohler is capable of.

timo4352

Nicely done video and nice horse  :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Jrblanke

Cool video!

HorseFixer

Great Video and Nice Chucker! :thumbs:  That will definitely get the job done! :handgestures-thumbupright:

608KEB

That 8 h.p. looks like it has power to spare! Thanks for the video, love it!

Stigian

A great video Steve, 8hp has no problems shifting the white stuff :handgestures-thumbup:

can whlvr

nice thrower,she does a nice job

steve k

Thanks everyone for the kind words!    That eight horse did great!   and used less gas than the 10 or 12.

The real test will be some wet snow.  I will make another video then.

Steve

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Steve, what a great job on the tractor and the video. The 2 pieces seem to be a perfect match.

Glenn

wh79d160

Steve, nice little rig. Looks like fun. I wish I had less Gravel & more blacktop/concrete. Where did you say you got that muffler??

papaglide

Great video. Thanks for posting. You just inspired me to experiment with my B-80 and a 6-3211 blower that I have. Thanks again.

steve k

wh79  I  Think I bought it off ebay.

JackC

Great video and tractor.  The Kohler 8hp is a very nice running engine and can do a lot of work.  The tractor did not seem to have any problems moving about even without any weights or chains.  Good to see equipment produced many years ago restored and still running strong.  Your rig is a great example of all America engineering, quality, AND styling, and your appreciation of same.

HorseWhisperer

K181 are my most favorite of all power plants!Nice commando Steve!

47JDG

Good video. I have the same blower that I am using right now with an 8 horse Kohler. I had it all setup on my Commando 800 but changed it over to my C-81 at the last minute so I could utilize the 8 speed. I have the same bar lug tires on the C-81 that you are using, but I added chains and a little over 200lbs of weights. We have had some nasty ice here in Michigan, and I am glad I switched over to the C-81 because I was using 2 and 3 low to blow some of it. The 8 horse works great and sips the fuel, you just have to go slower when the work gets harder is all.

neil

Whata great tool that snow blower is . me gotta get one of those but they are soooooooo rare here in UK .

We havent had any snow yet this winter so it wouldnt get much use , buy it would still be a cool bit of equipment to have .

Great vid

Thanx for sharing

Anglo Traction

Just to add to all so far, Excellent job on the Commando 8 :bow-blue: . 8 'orse Kohler Sounds fine and didn't seem to 'Miss a Beat' under load.

Great Snow Clearing package and Thanks for the great Vid.   

Coadster32

Great tractor, thrower, and video!! :handgestures-thumbupright:  Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to trying out my 855 w/blower tomorrow.

steve k

This after noon I had a chance to try the commando out in 10-12 inch snow (26-27 centimeters for those using the metric system! :beer: )

the result is,running a 3 speed with out low range the 8 HP is as small as I would want..... It worked ok but any deeper or wetter and I would have been taking 1/2 width passes.

• Like 1