JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

857 ,,,,,who owns one?

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

just curious, the 857 looks like a very capable machine. it has that big healthy rear end. and it appears to be able to handle ANY JOB that is thrown at it. would anyone care to comment on the positives and negatives of this horse? what is the weight of this small tank? curious,,,,,,ty

Glenn

rmaynard

I have one. Currently my favorite tractor of all 10 that I own. Going to refresh it's smoking engine over the winter.

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

I have an 867...same tractor just hi/lo tranny and headlights. I have never had any issues with it....a very nice tractor. I used it to mow around the house this year and it did very well. It is on the restoration list for the future.

• Like 1

Agage1

I have 3 857s, 1 restored, 1 a worker, and 1 heavily modified with a twin. They are my favorite looking model. I mow and plow with mine all the time they seem to have the tightest turning radius of all my tractors

dclarke

I have one, just got it back together this summer. Haven't used it a lot but so far I really like it, I have a snow blower hooked to it now.

Theswampthing

855 here. Just got it running, and took it for a little ride in the woods earlier. Not even close to being ready to use, but its seems like a bull. I was also wondering what they weigh...

stevasaurus

The manual says the "shipping weight" is 430 lbs.  Mine is my favorite, go to horse, and you are right about the turning radius being excellent. :)

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

I have an 857 I restored in 2001. She was a trailer princess until this fall when I put a mid-grader blade on it and used it to move gravel and backfill topsoil for my new garage. I felt kinda bad about putting her back to work :)  The 857 is a great tractor.

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

Dave...fun engineer...you are cracking me up.  Take that Queenie off the wall and use it...what are you thinking... :eusa-think::ychain::)   How you doing Buckaroo??

• Like 2

buckrancher

I have an 867...same tractor just hi/lo tranny and headlights. I have never had any issues with it....a very nice tractor. I used it to mow around the house this year and it did very well. It is on the restoration list for the future.

I have one too

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Dave...fun engineer...you are cracking me up.  Take that Queenie off the wall and use it...what are you thinking... :eusa-think::ychain::)   How you doing Buckaroo??

How's it going Steve. I'm doing well. Trying to adjust to retirement. Its not as easy as I thought it would be.  I've got a 502 in the garage waiting to be restored this winter. How about you?

stevasaurus

I think I have fully adjusted to being retired... :) I actually can't believe I had time to work.  I keep looking at my 857 to see if I want to do anything to it.  It has original paint and was pin stripped by my Dad.  I think I just want to do a major cleaning on it and maybe a little polish and wax.  I just love this horse. 

2009_0428rollerlawn0003.jpg

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh:  Hi Glen this is mine there great tractors. I will some day like Bob and Steve restore it. when I retire.  Gary    B....    857isdone001_zpsfece0f65.jpg

Edited by T1257
  • Like 2

Fun Engineer

Steve and Gary

Both your tractors are great looking originals.  I'd keep them the way they are. :)

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:      :handgestures-thumbsup:      :text-goodpost:

Killer 2000 Chevy

I love my 855 :wh: , it's the same tractor just 2 years older. It's a little worker, I got it from my brother and he was not shy to work this one. I watched him push off a dirt pile as big as a 15 passenger van to fill in a spot in his yard. Chains on the tires pushing off little at a time. She doesn't work that hard anymore and looks a whole lot better. This is the machine that started me on this CRAZE! :happy-jumpeveryone: 

• Like 1

Uncle Buck

I have one that I have not had a chance to use yet. Before I get to play I have to fix a little fuel pump issue, drop the deck and mount the plow and chains. Really looking forward to playing in the snow with this one. Sorry, no pics yet either.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

man o man, you fellas sure have some nice machines. thanks for the pictures along with all your comments. I can see the problem with this hobby all ready. There are just TO MANY nice wheel horse tractors to choose from. Now I know why folks get a few of them. to enjoy them all.

• Like 2

boovuc

I have my 857 tucked away for the winter. It is my favorite tractor but not one of my workers. I just like to stare at it and mow once or twice a month with it during the season. :)

post-940-0-16960000-1386384953_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

I have my 857 tucked away for the winter. It is my favorite tractor but not one of my workers. I just like to stare at it and mow once or twice a month with it during the season. :)

This is the Herd at a Care show this September. the 857 is on the left. 657 on the right and 1257 in the back. I will post the other side of the 857 in the next pick. Gary     B...............     th_UnitedWayCarBikeShow9202013083_zpsd3b    th_spring1057857sun004_zpscb222777.jpg  this is Worker 1057 with the 857 in the back. I just sold the worker/1057 BIG MISTAKE....

19richie66

I have one I got from my dad. My wife wants it for her tractor so she will get the first one that gets refinished. Hope to start on it after the first.