GlenPettit

Joe's Power Equipment: Wheel Horse parts on eBay !

GlenPettit

I always wondered what Joe's Power Equipment facility looked like --

he's the guy on eBay that sells all the parts from one Wheel Horse, hundreds, nearly

every week on eBay, and who a lot of us have purchased parts from.  

He has a informational site on the RedSquare sister site; GardenTtractorTalk:

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/12358-a-visit-to-joes-outdoor-power/

Interesting to see how clean, neat and organized his facilities are in the two dozen photos here,

and understand how they operate there.

Glen

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 3

sorekiwi

Looks like a nicely run place.  I like Joes, anything I need I try Kelly first and if he cant help I try Joes.

953 nut

:text-goodpost:   I have been buying from Joe's for years, never had a bad part! Thanks for posting it. :text-thankyouyellow: 

Coadster32

I think I may have gotten something off him before as well. :eusa-think:

AMC RULES

Talked on the phone with him a few times, never have seen his place though.

Thanks for posting.   :thanks:

VinsRJ

I've used Joe's a couple of times without issue...

shorts

I've used Joe several times and went to pick up parts in person and was less than impressed, the EPA would have a field day with his waste oil containment and steam cleaning practices. also I have an issue with his policy of if you want a specific part he won't put a price on it but is willing to create an online auction and then watch the part/price be unrealisticly inflated in the last minute of the auction.

JC 1965

I have purchased several items from Joe and have been very happy with them. Thank you Glen for sharing the video.    :text-thankyoublue:

massey

I've also purchased from Joe's several times and had no issues.  They're another great resource available to us.

Ed

neil

I have bought some parts from Joe before & had them shipped over to UK .

No problems, although i thought the shipping costs were a tad on the high side .

but then shipping parts to UK is expensive anyway.

Lars

I have bought some parts from Joe before & had them shipped over to UK .

No problems, although i thought the shipping costs were a tad on the high side .

but then shipping parts to UK is expensive anyway.

Agree whit Neil.. but to norway.

SousaKerry

I just wonder where he gets all his tractors at, what he pays and how far he goes to get them.  Being up in the thumb he would have to drive quite a ways to find all those tractors.

kudzu3

I also would be interested to know where Joe gets all those tractors. Does he sell entire tractors or just parts? Would love to see some of the nicer ones restored. :)  

rmaynard

I also would be interested to know where Joe gets all those tractors. Does he sell entire tractors or just parts? Would love to see some of the nicer ones restored. :)  

Never sells whole tractors, only parts.

Hodge71

He's doing it for money not to save them from the scrap yard. I guess in a roundabout way he is saving them from the junk yard piece by piece but I would sooner see a whole tractor get saved then the parts of one. Thats why I stole that Charger 12 even though it didn't run….now it does though…And my son sure is happy because of it

Edited by hodge71
  • Like 1

Ken B

All I'll say is that I'm thankful Joe doesn't live ANYWHERE near me. There wouldn't be a decent tractor available within a 250 mile radius I'm sure! I have nothing wrong with tractors getting parted out, but not super nice survivors or rare tractors that can be saved.. It kinda sucks that whole tractors aren't available from Joe and that he only works thru Ebay, even if you are local and show up at his door and no matter how small the part you are interested in. Both of which don't effect me at all because I live nowhere near him, which is a good thing. No matter how nice a survivor and no matter what the history of a tractor is, it will get parted. Kinda sad IMO, especially if its a nice old round hood that was in perfect order getting parted. I really have no issues with Joe, nice enough guy trying to raise a family and pay the bills. I see very nicely restored round hoods on C/L all the time that are fairly local to me that are being sold piece by piece. Now, that is very sad. One was a beautiful 701.

• Like 4

Desko

I too have bought parts and still buy parts from him for my motors

wheeledhorseman

Joe offers a valuable service particularly for those of us on the other side  of the pond. You have to be on this side to discover just how many US companies refuse to ship outside the US whether they are selling new or used parts, the same is often true for ebay vendors. Since getting into this WH thing I have been given all sorts of excuses by said companies, none of which have made any sense given the simple paperwork that's involved. No different in fact to when we ship goods the other way. 

When I was restoring a D over here it was Joe to the rescue with the implement lift valve assembly I needed as there just aren't Ds available as donor tractors here. Take the point about feelings over what gets parted out but hey, each one 'broken up for spares' as we would call it means a life for several other examples. Thanks to the services of RS members who offered to help I have managed to get items from US suppliers shipped here but one company who I won't name deserve a Golden PIA award for advertising that they do ship worldwide but they then refused to accept my VISA card as it wasn't registered to a US address.

Andy

• Like 2

rexman72

hes great to deal with

Joes_Outdoor_Power

I've used Joe several times and went to pick up parts in person and was less than impressed, the EPA would have a field day with his waste oil containment and steam cleaning practices. also I have an issue with his policy of if you want a specific part he won't put a price on it but is willing to create an online auction and then watch the part/price be unrealisticly inflated in the last minute of the auction.

This is a good one. I was turned in to the EPA two years ago by a disgruntled employee. After a full day investigation, we were told we have the cleanest place they ever seen for the type of business we do. All of our waste oil is stored in farm fluid containers which are set on top of waste oil catch basins to keep any from going on the ground. When the containers are full, we transport them to a waste facility. None is ever put on the ground. If any does spill, we dig the ground up and dispose of it as required by law. All engines, transaxles, fuel tanks, etc. are drained, none are taken to the scrap yard.

Our parts cleaner is a top of line ZEP environmentally safe parts cleaner. No waste ever is dumped, it evaporates leaving the sludge on the bottom which is then disposed of as required by law. The cleaning solution is also environmentally safe and non-toxic.

We also sell parts all the time to people when they stop by, we only refuse when they want something that requires a major dismantle (transmission, etc.) or tires because 1. If we are not parting the tractor in the garage, we do not want oil on the ground (see above) and 2. Tractors are too hard to move with no tires.

As for auctions, we have not run most parts auction style in over two years, only a few are run on auction, everything else is fixed price – no bidding, no artificial inflation, etc. We also offer best offer on most items which means we are willing to negotiate prices.

I still have the investigators card and he stops by occasionally and likes what we do and how we keep it clean. :)

Grace & Peace

Lv. 25:14

- Joe

• Like 5

Joes_Outdoor_Power

I just wonder where he gets all his tractors at, what he pays and how far he goes to get them.  Being up in the thumb he would have to drive quite a ways to find all those tractors.

Most tractors are brought to us. We also go to several dealership auctions, junk yards, and occasionally buy them on eBay. I never use Craigslist and I buy tractors at fair market value (that is why it is hard for us to sell a complete tractor). Most tractors have issues that we part, some are good, but not many. Sometimes our local dealership will have people sell us their trade-ins or the dealership will sell us older tractors they are having trouble selling.

Joes_Outdoor_Power

He's doing it for money not to save them from the scrap yard. I guess in a roundabout way he is saving them from the junk yard piece by piece but I would sooner see a whole tractor get saved then the parts of one. Thats why I stole that Charger 12 even though it didn't run….now it does though…And my son sure is happy because of it

Actually, I love tractors, when I was 12 I built one from an old walk-behind, worked on them ever since, I also had a motorcycle salvage yard when I was 18 to cover my tractor hobby, when I sold the salvage yard, I had over 400 motorcycles. Now I do the tractors because I love it and it pays my bills. Sure, some people hate what I do, but then there are people out there that will hate someone for anything, no matter what they do. So, I am not to worried about pleasing people unless it is someone who bought a bad part. :) So, it is more that just being about money. I am sure many people would do what I do (or what they love) rather then the job they do now.

Grace & Peace

- Joe

Thanks to all of the people with the positive posts. I try hard to run an honest business that is fair and helpful to everyone.

Grace & Peace

- Joe

• Like 9

rmaynard

:WRS:  Glad to have you here.

wheeledhorseman

Second that! :text-welcomewave:

Andy

TT

:WRS:

Being in the spotlight definitely works both ways, doesn't it Joe? You'll never make everyone happy, but if you are, that's what matters most! :D

I have made several purchases from JOP over the years and continue to check the listings for potential goodies. B) 

I personally see no difference in buying from an organized salvage business or from a guy with parts on a table at a tractor show, flea market, garage sale, public auction, etc. Used parts came from a whole tractor somewhere.

I appreciate the help - the same as I do with Kelly Hollister, Bill Jenkins, Glenn Cockerham, Jordon Cressler, and any of the other guys helping to keep our tractors alive.  :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 8