dparke

My current stable

dparke

Just thought I'd post up a couple pics I snapped the other night in the garage.  Sorry for the mess!  The horses I currently have:

First, my 854. 

IMAG0206_zps7ba61a31.jpg

It now sports a red and white cover to hide the ugly weld job on the seat.  This is my most poorly running Wheel Horse.  I've gone through the carb a couple times, checked fuel pressure from the pump, etc, but it just seems to have no interest in starting when cold or staying running.

Next up is "Big Ugly," the 1975 D200.

20131029_203908_zps45f45229.jpg

I just put the stacks on after plowing snow with it for the past two years.  I've lost enough hearing, thank you very much...  The D is my best running Horse, that K532 fires up immediately every time.  I wish my truck was this reliable!  You might notice that the fuel tank is missing.  I'm currently resealing the tank, and have a D180 tank for a spare if needed.

Here's my 1976 B80.

20131029_203900_zps3d69de3b.jpg

According to the ID tag, this one started life with an 8 speed transmission.  I got it with a blown up 4 speed installed (with correct shifter plate).  With a bunch of help with advice and parts locating from the members here, I just got it put back together and running well this past weekend.  This is probably my favorite of the lot.

Last up is my newly acquired RJ-58/9 basket case.

20131029_203846_zps446fec27.jpg

There isn't a whole lot that's right with this one, but I like it nonetheless.  I'm currently in the process of freeing up/rebuilding the steering system.  Another night or two of work and I'll get to swapping out the motor and fitting a more correct style of gas tank.

Not pictured is my 1969 Raider 10 that's largely a parts tractor.  All it really needs is a hood, one tie rod, and a correct motor, but I have enough projects to take on right now...

Well, that's it.  Thanks for looking!

-Dan

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Nice looking herd.   :text-coolphotos:

Martin

nice looking bunch there!!  :thumbs:

JackC

Nice horses.  Good to hear the D200 runs well.

squonk

What mess??  :confusion-confused:

KC9KAS

Nice herd of horses....Thanks for the photos.

speedyleedy

Great looking horses ! :)

rmaynard

Thanks for sharing pictures of your horses. Looks like you have a lot to keep you busy over the winter.

shallowwatersailor

Love the "Big Ugly." Nice assortment.

dparke

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! You're all too kind.

-Dan

cruisnblue48

Nice group of horses you have. I personally like the 854... that style WH, like my 552, just have what I think is the most classic Wheel Horse design they ever made. Nothing wrong with your RJ, just needs some TLC. I have a rough RJ-58 also and they are just a lot of fun to play with and work on.

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   Nice herd, love the twin stacks on the "D" :text-thankyouyellow: 

Wheel-N-It

Good Stuff !!!

Wheel Horse Kid

You got some nice looking horses there! Really like that 854!

dparke

Thank you!  The 854 is definitely my best looking Horse, I just wish I could get it running worth a darn.

Over the winter I'm going to tear down the fuel system (again) and give it another shot.  Definitely a frustrating one!

-Dan

• Like 1

Wheel Horse Kid

Hope you are able to get it going strong!