ronhatch

MY 867 IS FINALLY READY FOR WINTER

Wheel-N-It

Ron that is really nice! Please tell me what wheels are on the rear???

Sparky

Good looking machine! Do you run wheel weights? And if so how do they attach to the rear wheels?

Mike...........

squonk

That is an awesome tractor! :thumbs: One thing bugs me though. I wanted to rebuild a K341 last year. it didn't knock but the crank was .003 out of round. The machine shop said the crank was all ready .010 under size and couldn't be turned again. I was looking at $700 with Kohler parts. Needless to say I scrapped the idea and sold the block. Your crank is .020 under. Was my shop giving me a line of BS? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Racinbob

I really like that! Very nice work.

neil

Thats nice,  I like what you did with the rear fenders .

Good job

rustyoldjunk

That tractor looks great.

ronhatch

Thanks for all the complements!

Please excuse me, I made a few mistakes on my original post. Me bad!

1.  As you all know, it's a 857, not a 867.

2. The rod/crank is only .010" under, not .020". Can it be turned .020" under? I don't know.

The rear rims are 14" GM. I don't know what year and model though. I picked them out a pile of rims at a junk yard because they looked a little like the rims that International use on their tractors in the 1960's. The rims are on backward with 2" homemade spacers. I made longer front spindles so the tractor is slightly higher in the front then the back because I like that look.

As far as the fenders,  I just removed the center section of the original rear pan and added a vertical pieces of steel to the  individual fenders. The new seat is mounted to a 'C' shaped piece of spring steel much like the early 110 JD's. It really rides smooth now.

For traction; I add about a 100 lbs to the hitch plus, to help steering, I have a couple of gals. of HD windshield washer fluid (good for 20 below) to each front tire. It all works pretty well.

The picture was taken a couple of years ago before I lengthen the frame. It shows the weights hanging from the drawbar.

post-9096-0-42440400-1382300074.jpg

• Like 1

slovinski

Great job!  The 867 is at the top of my want list.  Love the mods and the ability to use a more modern deck,  will be on the look out for pic's of it mowing this spring.  (hint hint)

pinecone

would be proud to own that.

richmondred01

I rebuild kohlers. And you can go .020 under on the cranks up to the k341. On the k341 you can go to .030 and use a bearing insert for the rod. You machine shop is wrong. If you need crank let me know I I have several.

timo4352

Sanitary. Clean Machine. :bow-yellow:

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   Love the longer spindles on the front and the bigger rears. I could do without the IH stickers, but thats just my :twocents-twocents: 

Yuo have done a nice job.  :text-bravo: 

octfst

nice tractor

papaglide

Very cool looking tractor. Nice bigger tires and long front spindles make it look neat. Don't mind the IH....WH did use IH red as one of their colors didn't they? Its all good!

Wheel-N-It

Thank you for answering my question.

bean

the 2 tone wheels look fantastic!