stevebo

Tractor of the Month ... Continue or Not?

stevebo

Members-

We have over 10,000 members here ... granted that many are not active. We have been doing the tractor of the month contest for several months now and the past month we only had about 16 votes +/- 1 or 2. My question is should we continue or no? If the interest in no longer there then we can end it and pick up again after the holidays? Please let me know.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Who doesn't like looking at  :wh: 's? 

I always stop in and vote, not doing so is simply un- :flags-waveusa: !

• Like 1

"D"- Man

Are you kidding? With Octobers candidates being the "18 Automatics, D-160's, D-180's, D-200, and D-250's everyone has just been saving up their votes for this months election. I as an owner of an 18 (though in the process of a redo) I can hardly wait to see the entries. My vote is keep it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Even though mine will not be near ready I may even post a picture or so, just for viewing not so much for voting as I don't deem it qualified in an unfinished non-running state.

Edited by TWIN54
  • Like 2

gcole

I say keep it. I really enjoy seeing everyone's tractors

zieg72

My bad, heard the existence of it, just never thought to look for it.  I'll have to stop in and check it out.

jwl

well im kind of new here, and am mostly just interested in the walk behind models, but I like to see others guys pride and joys on display. I guess im not much into voting, as I think there all winners by one degree or another.

• Like 2

C-101plowerpower

i say continue, i'm always waiting for the next month to arive so i can voto on horses again.

Koen

• Like 1

Trouty56

Even though it may get few votes it does get close 1000 views....at least run the year out....

• Like 2

Ken B

Even though it may get few votes it does get close 1000 views....at least run the year out....

And that is pretty strange ain't it? 1000 Guys took the time out to view but not vote? I'd say some guys are either sore that theirs didn't win (or one didn't win that they think should have) and no longer contribute. To lazy to vote? Maybe. Forgot to vote? Maybe. Obviously, 1000 people cared enough to at least view the content so they at least care enough to look. Strange how they blew off that one little last step of VOTING. I've entered in the contest a number of times with tractors that I thought had a chance, I was shown the door each time. Big deal. I'm sure its nice to win but in my IMHO its more about contributing than it is about winning.

• Like 9

buckrancher

And that is pretty strange ain't it? 1000 Guys took the time out to view but not vote? I'd say some guys are either sore that theirs didn't win (or one didn't win that they think should have) and no longer contribute. To lazy to vote? Maybe. Forgot to vote? Maybe. Obviously, 1000 people cared enough to at least view the content so they at least care enough to look. Strange how they blew off that one little last step of VOTING. I've entered in the contest a number of times with tractors that I thought had a chance, I was shown the door each time. Big deal. I'm sure its nice to win but in my IMHO its more about contributing than it is about winning.

:text-yeahthat:

kaiser

as a newer member i was a little psyched to be able to enter my tractor in the september contest.

i'm sure some folks come here for help only and don't explore the whole site. maybe they can be encouraged to explore somehow.

after all the models have been gone through you could have and off brand month. or a color month, red's of a different brand, the greens and the yellows. just a thought.

312Hydro

Just found this post and I've got to say it echoes my thoughts exactly. I went back and took a look at previous months and the most votes I believe were around 80. It's all for fun (for me) and you get to see some great tractors plus some good reading from the owner. Why were there not more votes? Maybe the views were from guests, they can't vote. I hope others don't get offended if their :wh:  doesn't win,they already are winners for owning their :wh: .

• Like 1

KATO

I say continue :handgestures-thumbupright::coffee:

timo4352

I would like to see it continue.

Maybe folks didn't get into this last one so much because of having less interest in the newer tractors over the older models - or would classics be the right word?

posifour11

I've been lacking the past couple months but really do enjoy the contest.

953 nut

:text-goodpost:   I realy enjoy the TOM postings. I always wate to the end of the month to vote so I can see all the candidates, and on ocasion (like Sept.) I let it slip by and don't vote. I think if folks are willing to take the time to post a member of the herd and people view the posting that we should keep it. :text-thankyouyellow: 

:USA: 

stevebo

OK- We will keep running but we really do need to have all the members who view vote too !! Thanks !

Martin

i really enjoy the tractor of the month. ive found that if the thread doesnt get bumped regularly then it gets buried in the new content slowly working its way down the list. somehow maybe make it more noticeable, not sure how though.

i know you can just go to the forum that its posted in, but if you are short on time, the 'new content' gets you up to date.......

it would be nice to have more members make the effort to nominate their tractors. hey lets be proud to show what models we have! ive seen more than a month or two where the moderator(s) running that month are asking for more nominations.

its all in fun and lets keep it that way, but it would be nice to see more effort both from voters and nominees alike........

it takes all of 5-10 minutes to write something brief and throw in a few pics.....

and takes even less to go and vote after youve read the thread and looked at all the pics.....

just wanted to add that it also feels really nice to see members vote for one of your own tractors too....... :thumbs:

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1

squonk

Maybe post " Tractor of the Month Voting Open" in the shout box along with periodic reminders.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

timo4352

:text-yeahthat:

Hodge71

Keep it.... keep it...... keep it!!!!!

• Like 2

312Hydro

Why do I detect an ulterior motive? :laughing-rofl: Who shall "D" winner be for October? :auto-checkeredflag::banana-tux:

608KEB

Keep it.

bean

I have to plead ignorance, apathy, and laziness. I knew there was a tractor of the month, but didn't follow through to see how the process worked.

why not do a random drawing. that way, the "trailer queen" doesn't get the advantage. or how about occasionally  "wheel horse tractor working, plowing, mowing, blowing snow etc"

kind of follow the seasons

:twocents-02cents: 

Hodge71

Why do I detect an ulterior motive? :laughing-rofl: Who shall "D" winner be for October? :auto-checkeredflag::banana-tux:

No ulterior motive here. I enjoy the Tractor of the month and have voted every month since it started. My 18 auto is a worker and was redone with that in mind. It has been outclassed by many other tractors on here and I'm not too concerned about it. Winning would be nice for my son but Im not gonna pout if it doesn't happen. 

• Like 3