whfan74

Warsaw, IN Meet and Greet Final Details **MUST READ!!!**

whfan74

We are only a couple of weeks away and I am getting really excited to be able to host our 4th Annual Event!

Here are some final details that need to be covered before our big day arrives:

Parking:

Our field out behind the golf cart business is now home to a new barn that is being constructed.  So this area is unavailable for our use.  We will have you park just east of the elevator and will have a couple Gators running back and forth to give folks a ride back to the property.  It isn't far at all, just thought it would be nice to help you out a bit.  Only those that are arriving the night before (Friday) will be allowed to park across the street next to the golf cart business.  We CAN NOT park between the golf cart business and elevator.....too many semis had a hard time getting through last year.

Show area:

Will continue to be in the center circle.  Please pull in on the west end of the circle drive, unload on the property and then park down across from the church and just east of the elevator.  Signs will be out to help mark the proper areas.

Swap Meet area:

Will start at the barn on the north side of the driveway and will head down toward the east.  This area is not for general parking but for swap meet items only.  Our swap meet area continues to grow with many awesome deals going on throughout the day.

Food:

Food will be provided once again by the Miller family.  They will have things for you to buy throughout the day.  We will try and make sure that coffee is ready to go for the early morning arrivals.  I can't thank them enough for taking on this huge task of keeping everyone fed.  I am sure they will have their awesome pies yet again this year for all of us to enjoy.

Show T-shirts:

Are for sale again this year.  I am really pleased with the design and the quality of shirts are always a good one.  I am only taking pre-orders for the shirts and might have just a couple extra shirts on hand the day of for sale.  Since this expense is coming out of my pocket, I can't afford to have extra shirts laying around after the show has completed.  Get your orders in now.  More information can be found here:

Plowing:

Having the opportunity last year to plow in the field was a big hit with all of the folks in attendance.  The farmer that owns the field said that if the crops have been removed prior to the show that we will be allowed to play with the machines again out there.  It was a big hit with those in the community and the workers at the elevator.  They all were impressed with what our little red tractors could do.  So if interested, please throw in a plow and be prepared to play out in the field.

Raffle and Show Meeting:

We will have our raffle at 2 p.m. in the barn (if we all can fit).  I am in desperate need of some items to be raffled off for this year's event.  A few of you have been so kind to chip in and provide some nice prizes for the cause.  Remember that 100% of the proceeds that are raised from this go directly to St. Baldrick's Foundation in honor of the late Max Nunn.  For more information on this little hero and what he means to this forum please read the following thread: 

In the meeting we will also be talking about some possibilities for the future and I need as many of you there as possible to help with some logistics. 

Tractor games:

If I can get some things organized, I would like to have a couple of tractor games available throughout the day.  I might need some helping hands to be able to pull this off.

Address of the show site:

If you need the address or directions to the show site, please send me a private message.  Since the show is being held on my parents property, I don't like to paste the address all over the web. 

Restroom:

There will be a port a potty on site again this year.  Please again understand that this is the family property and traffic through the house needs to be kept at a minimum.

Camping:

There are a few folks that are coming the day before and will be camping out.  You are more than welcome to join them and if the weather cooperates we will try and have a bon fire this year.  Please let me know ahead of time if you are planning on camping. 

Local Lodging:

If you are wanting a place to stay over night.  Feel free to check out these local places.

http://www.google.com/hotels/?gl=US&cu_link=1#search;l=Warsaw,+Indiana;q=warsaw+in+hotels;d=2013-09-22;n=1;si=;av=r

Seating:

We will have seating and tables in the barn for you to enjoy fellowship and a time to relax and eat.  I would highly encourage you to throw in a lawn chair because the weather is going to be beautiful this year!  :)

Safety, safety, safety!!!!!:

All ages are encouraged and welcome to attend.  Please understand that the show property is right next to a country road where some locals feel the need to see how fast they can get their 4 cylinder going in a small stretch.  If you have children attending, please keep an eye on them as I would hate for a horrific accident.  Please be careful with all of the machinery.  This show has turned in to a great thing for our family.  We don't want the fun to stop.

Goal:

Last year we topped the 160 tractor mark for the first time.  I am really hoping that we can hit the 200 mark this year.  I need your help in doing this.  This show is open for ANY brand of tractor and we encourage all to attend.  So please tell your non Wheel Horse friends to load up their machines so that we can admire some of the history of lawn and garden tractors.

Thank you again to all of you that make the huge sacrifice to attend our show.  We completely understand that we all have busy schedules, high gas prices, etc. get in the way.  We are honored that you are willing to spend the day with us.  For those of you that are new to the forum, this is a great venue to meet many of the folks here on the forum in person. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.  I am looking forward to seeing all of you once again!

• Like 4

whfan74

Please look closely at this map for directions on where to park, where not to park, show set up area, swap meet area, entrance and exit of show area, and garden tractor plowing area.

Thanks to Glen Pettit for the great advice of adding a map to make things more clear.

post-919-0-69182800-1378904547_thumb.png

• Like 1

wrightorchid

I wish I was closer.  Looks like lots of fun!!

whfan74

Still needing assistance on raffle items. Remember that all of the proceeds go to help the fight against childhood cancer in honor of Max Nunn. Let me know your thoughts.

Our goal is 200+ tractors on site this year. Bring any color, any model, any shape. We all love to look at and admire old machinery!

55rj35jr

Scott thanks for the info. this will be our first time there looking foreward to it! We will for sure bring some raffle items, I will be bringing two horses to add to the 200 goal...

• Like 1

whfan74

Fantastic! I am really pleased that you will be making the trip to join us!

We aren't that far off.....October 5th will be here real soon!

whfan74

18 days left including today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to start a RSVP thread so that the local Amish family will have a rough estimate of how many people will be attending this year.  They do a great job with the food and don't want to run out to early this year.

Hope you are looking forward to it as much as I am!

whfan74

Just 2 weeks left!!!!!!

Continue to post in the RSVP thread and don't forget to pre order your t-shirt if you ar e wanting one.

Things are coming together and the field should be cleared within the next 2 weeks so we can have some fun plowing.

PM me for the show address and any other questions you have!

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

whfan74

Spent a few hours out at the property last night putting things away, sweeping, organizing, and finishing up some last minute projects.  Looking good for October 5th, but still have some small things to do. 

Now that things are being organized, put away, cleaned up...........all we need is you! 

Remember we are looking for a LARGE amount of old machines to attend this year.  If you or a friend has other brands other than Wheel Horse, please let them know they are welcome and encouraged to attend!

Make sure to get your t-shirt orders in this week!  Don't miss out!

If you have any questions, please pm me!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!!!!!

whfan74

Long term forecast.........................73 and 20% chance.  Looks like it is going to be our best weather yet! 

Just over one week away.  Load up those machines and get ready for a great time!

Plowing will be allowed again this year.  Make sure you have a machine that is ready to work and let's have some fun!

T-shirts have been ordered and those that have pre-ordered...........they will be shipped out to you after the show has completed.

Thank you to everyone that has and continues to support our show.  We couldn't do all of this without you!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

can't wait! Looks like stevasaurus did good so far on the weather! :ychain:   We should be bringing 6 or 7 tractors to show.

• Like 1

whfan74

1 week to go!

• Like 1

otrelwood

Hey Jake ,He put me in charge of the weather this year so i ordered a nice day but if it turns chilly move around faster still be fun!!!![steveasaurus is too busy making blueberry wine to perfection to let weather details interfear] lol

• Like 2

whfan74

We are real close to the big day and are ready to see everyone!  We are looking forward to a nice time of fellowship with some great folks!

Couple of things to remember...............

1.  There will be plowing out in the field again this year.  We may have to move across the street so before you start turning soil, check with me first.  Hope many of you bring a machine to play in the dirt with!

2.  The closer we get to the show, the busier I become.  Please make sure any questions you have are addressed as early as possible.  I will not be focused on a computer much at all on Friday.

3.  The swap meet area has become a huge hit.  Make sure you pack some goodies for sale and have your "want" list in your pocket.  I am sure there will be something there that you can't live without!  :)

4.  Please pick up and pay for your shirts when you first get there.  We would like to get those distributed as early as possible.

5.  If you can lend a hand with raffle items, it would be greatly appreciated!  I have some brand new turf tires and other little items that will be available.  Remember all of the proceeds will be sent to St. Baldricks.

6.  If you are planning on coming Friday night to camp, get a hold of me this week please.  It sounds like we will have a good little crowd that night.  If the weather cooperates, a bonfire will happen!!!

7.  Load up those tractors...........we really want to pack out the place this year!

8.  Most importantly...........have a safe trip and thank you so much for your willingness to join us this year.  We always appreciate the time you take to support our show!

See you this weekend!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

whfan74

High of 76 on Saturday! Are you kidding me?????? This will be our first show in 4 years that will have good temps.

Can't wait.......only a few more days!

• Like 2

whfan74

High of 81 on Saturday now!  Wooooo hooooo!

2 days left......:)

Picking up the t-shirts today!  Those that ordered some that need to be mailed will be receiving them sometime next week.

Some folks will actually be showing up tomorrow.  If all goes well I will have a bonfire out back so be sure to bring a lawn chair.  I will have pizza for those of you that are spending the night!

****Reminder*****  Parking is a little different this year.  Be sure to check the map for details.  We will have folks helping to direct you. 

And as always thank you!!!!!  Everyone have a safe trip!

whfan74

Final Update!

If you have any questions about Saturday's show, please ask before noon on Friday.

Bring tons of tractors! We want to pack the place out!

Bring a tractor with a plow and have some fun turning dirt!

Extra shirts are available....but not many left. First come, first served! Please pay for yours as soon as you arrive.

Bring those swap meet items.....and be ready to buy!

Have a safe trip....looking forward to seeing all of you!

stevebo

I too wish I were closer... would love to join the party. I think that there may be some teacher playing hookie tomorrow !!

• Like 1

Shuboxlover

One of these years I'll make it out there Scott....probably won't be able to bring a tractor...but who knows, it's only 1300 miles....I've traveled that far for a tractor.  (not really....but close :hide:

It would only cost me about $455 (@$3.50/gal) to drive the wags there and back :angry-banghead::auto-swerve::angry-tappingfoot:

• Like 1

whfan74

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!

Vinylguy

Finishing up some sign work at the shop and loading the van.

Will be on the road by 3 pm. staying in Plymouth tonight

and dining at Cristo's. Great food and service last time I was there.

If anyone coming to the show has a request for decals let me know this morning and I will 

try to bring them with. EVERYTHING WE HAVE AT THE SHOW IS AT LEASE 40% OFF WEB SITE PRICE!!

If we do not have what you need and it is available on the website you can order it at the show and

get show price + shipping. 

• Like 1

squonk

:wwp:  :woohoo:  :wwp: If Steve has that Cutler shirt on, One of you "Indiana" guys have to sack him!  :)

Edited by squonk

Jake Kuhn

I'm all loaded up. Should be there a little before or after 8 a.m.

post-4240-0-80668300-1380930656_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-76821200-1380930715_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-48684900-1380930788_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-75394700-1380930863_thumb.jp

• Like 1

KC9KAS

I'm staying in Rochester tonight....Will be there in the morning with 1 GT & a plow!

• Like 1

Martin

well jake, i dont have a big load like you, but were all ready to go. just taking kents 875 this year. long trip and will be nice just to have one in the back of the truck and not be pulling a whole bunch of them......

spent a good hour cleaning the jacksonville dust off the 875 tonight and snapped a few......

post-4321-0-76876200-1380934870_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-56238400-1380934894_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-09143600-1380934919_thumb.jp

• Like 4