Sign in to follow this  
Coadster32

Illuminated WH sign

Coadster32

Hey guys,

My brother started working at a small engine repair shop last year, (way cool). A mom and pop place that used to be a WH dealer. Anyway he took me for a tour thru the shop area, and I noticed a few signs tucked away in the corner. Couldn't help but thumb thru in an off chance there'd be gold in there. Well...there was. He could tell that I wanted it pretty bad, (cartwheels might have gave it away). He introduced me to the owner, and I made him a kind offer. He told me he'd think about it. I assured him it'd be hanging in my garage in a very nicely kept place, and not for resale. Well I left without the sign. A couple of months later, my brother gave the sign to me for my 40th birthday. Said he got it for $50. I told him he stole it. :ph34r:

I had my little helper with me to clean it up just a little, put in a new ballast, chord, bulb, and hung it up. I tied it into a motion sensor so whenever you're in the garage, she turns on. Look pretty nice to me. It's not perfect, but that's what makes it perfect. Still has some grease stains, etc, and a couple of cracks. I'm digging it. Let me know what you all think. 

DSCF5486_zpse18a36b1.jpg

DSCF5487_zps08e4ce8b.jpg

DSCF5515_zps539c5cc9.jpg

DSCF5514_zpsf09a862c.jpg

• Like 9

AMC RULES

Looks great...love the motion sensor idea too.

Gives it it's own life...always happy to see you.   :handgestures-thumbsup:  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ken B

Awesome sign and story! I just so happen to have the very same sign that my son found at the Zagray Farms show a few yrs. ago. It also has some cracks etc. Its perfect.

If any of the other Wheel Horse wolves were there that day I'm sure I would have missed out on it....

dclarke

Looks good, Chris.... :thumbs:

welderman85

You have a great brother cool story and very cool sign

CasualObserver

That rocks!  Great story, and that is one of my favorite style signs.  Small enough to be a good shop sign and not take up too much precious wall space and still light up!   Awesome idea with the motion sensor. :thumbs:

prondzy

WOW! Now that's a beautiful sign!

groundhog47

Gee, :bow-blue:​  wonderful piece of history, make a beautiful night light above bed, oh shoot wife :ranting:  was peeping over shoulder, owe  :baseball: that was my good eye!

Edited by groundhog47

neil

Great sign , Love it,

I want one

JimmyJam

Nice sign! Thank your brother for purchased gift! Wish there still exist WH service centers!! Thank your helper, she looks so happy helping out!

squonk

I love the motion idea too!  :notworthy:  I also missed out on a :wh:  sign a couple of years ago. Co-worker knew I was into Horses and went to a 50 mile yard sale. Said he saw a :wh: sign for $25 but it had a crack in it and didn't think I would want it and didn't bother to call! :eusa-doh: Then on the following Monday he tells me about it. Now he can't remember what house it was at. He drives down there on Tuesday and figures out the place and sure enough it's gone.

KC9KAS

Very nice sign....Tell your brother to look for another sign, as I will have a birthday in April! :happy-jumpeveryone:

Marv

I would be happy to hang it next to mine. When can I get it?

Marvin

Jake Kuhn

Awesome sign!

Coadster32

Thanks a bunch guys. I'm pretty darn happy with it. My brother tells me some pretty cool stories about working on stuff that's beyond what I've encountered...for sure. It was defiantly a spot on gift.

JimD

Cool sign, great brother!! :dance::thumbs:

Wheel-N-It

Great story! Excellant Brother!