stevasaurus

Bearing and seal cross numbers

CasualObserver

As was requested some time ago, these last posts from Steve with the latest bearing and seal cross references have been split and pinned.  The rest of the former thread has gone to the basement.

stevasaurus

Jason, thanks for doing that.  I am going to try to put together a spreed sheet for the 6 and 8 speed transmissions.  Until then, know that transmissions with the 1 1/8" axles take the Torrington B-1816 needle bearing on the out end, with the SKF 11050 seal (WH 1213)...the 5/8" input shaft (WH 1542) takes a Torrington B-107 and seal (WH 1641) is a SKF 6105.  Hopefully I can put this together for you guys.  It may take a couple of weeks to do.  When you see an "M" in front of the number...it means that it is a capped bearing.  When you see a "B" in front of the number...it is a through bearing.  I think the numbers for bearings and seals...weather the are Torrington, SKF, Keyo C/R, etc...are all the same.  If you take these numbers to NAPA, TORO, Motion Industries they should be able to cross reference. I will try to put the dimensions for the bearings in the spreed sheet so you do not get the wrong parts.  It is always a good idea to take the old parts with you if possible.

Make sure to read the whole thread in case some information is not correct...or has changed!!! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

mlafonvt

I am rebuilding a 310-8 8 speed transmission for my mother in law, the tractor was bought new in 1985 been a great tractor. I hope to keep it in the family for years to come! However, I have started the process of repairing the oil leak out the axle seal, as I opened the case to get the needle bearing race out, all the needles were laying in the bottom of the case, I found the inner bearing was shot as well. Does anyone know where to find a new or good used inner bearing? I really don't want to get rid of the tractor, but without this bearing things do not look good! I have been unable to find a cross anywhere, I have gotten close but the S875B Pacamor made in Japan is a hard nut to crack!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

pfrederi

The inner bearing is the infamous 1533 bearing, it is NLA.  There are no direct replacements.  Some members here may have some, post a wanted ad.

JC 1965

How about a bearing and seal cross reference chart for the 5073 trans for a 71' Raider 12 with 1 1/8" axle. I thought i saw one on here somewhere but i can't find it.   :hide: Any help appreciated.

stevasaurus

Send a PM to racinfool40 (Mike)...he is selling good used WH 1533 bearings.  As far as the bearings and seals for your transmission...look at post #4 above for the axle and axle seal information...also between post #1 and #4, if you know the shaft diameter, you can match it up with those 2 posts.

If you post the diameters of your shafts here, I will tell you what bearings and seals you need. and I can make a chart for your transmission. :)

• Like 1

KC9KAS

1969 GT-14 Front Wheel Bearings.

Wheel Horse Part           WH Part #                 Current Brand & Part #

Cone bearing                   3370                         TIMKEN      LM 11949

Bearing cup                     3371                          TIMKEN      LM 11910

Seal                                 3373                          NATIONAL  204005

• Like 1

digger466

does anyone have good numbers for rear axle seals for gt-14, sunstrand hydro, went to NAPA, said they could not cross, my part number is 6449

rmaynard

In searching for that number here on the forum, it looks like the cross-referenced number is CR-11124.

NAPA's number would be NOS-11124

Edited by rmaynard

groundhog47

.......................................the SKF 11050 seal (WH 1213)...the 5/8" input shaft (WH 1542) takes a Torrington B-107 and seal (WH 1641) is a SKF 6105.  Hopefully I can put this together for you guys.  .!!! :)

Thanks Steve have two b-107 and couldn't find what they fit, and huh, guess what I needed. Will be looking forward to a cross page for the eights. Found a site that gives dimensions of some of the needles and ball bearings and they had the B-107 but not the B-108!  

REALLY APPRECIATE THE HARD WORK!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

With Karl's help...I replaced the old spread sheets with PDFs.  It includes, what I think, are all the bearings and seals used in all the Wheel Horse transmissions.  In other words, if your transmission is not listed, like the bi-level differential 3 speeds, you can still find the correct cross reference to the bearings you need by using the WH # and going through the 3 PDFs.  Find the correct manual for your tractor with the transmission breakdown and these PDFs will give you the correct cross over.  I included Motion Industries catalog number for each bearing and seal that they carry.  If you go to their web site (motionindustries.com), you can type in their catalog number and that bearing/seal will pop up.  It gives a picture, size and an approximate price.  If you type in the TORO web site and it says the bearing/seal is N/A, you can get it either at NAPA or M/I...if there is a catalog number.  The only thing that you can't get at this moment...is the WH #1533 ball bearing.  The NICE 412-35 is still available (for the 5003 and 5010 trannys), but not from TORO or Motion Industries.  I think I have that information, but I have to look.  Hope this helps everyone.  :)

edit:::  The NICE 412-35 is available from Kelly Supply  ksodirect.com

I think all the numbers are correct and the PDF is printable.  This should save a lot of ordering the wrong part and a ton of questions.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 5

dclarke

Thank you Steve!

• Like 1

Martin

thanks for getting the numbers all sorted, Steve. It will be a great help......

from when we talked the other day, i still haven't looked at it, go figure........

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Way good Steve!

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

BIG THANK YOU STEVE, Martin just gave me this link, its just what I need.

And thanks  to Martin also. 

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 2

dclarke

I just bought some of the #1502/Nice 412-35 ball bearings for my RJ tranny. Just thought I'd let you guys know that they are available from Kelly Supply Co. as Steve has stated above. The pic below is of the order that I placed for 3 bearings, I found out the next day that you have to buy 10 bearings at a time so with shipping they cost about $6.50 each.

002_zps86bb0329.jpg

• Like 1

hounddoghundzsa

Which axle seals do I need for an RJ 59? The 1257 or 1232? I contacted my local toro dealer and they said the 1257 seals are discontinued.

Racinbob

You need the 1257. They are still available from Toro but are pricy at almost $20.00 each. Their new # is 83-2840.

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

hounddoghundzsa

Ok thanks. I bought some skf 9835 seals, but they have a rolled edge and don't look like they'll slide over the axle tubes.

Racinbob

They do look similar but I doubt that they will work. I've never actually seen one but if they would work you can bet the clever folks here would be shouting it out.

randhad

Don't know if this has been mentioned. The following 1523 open bearing for the break shaft should be part # b-1210 NOT b-1212: http://www.motionindustries.com/productDetail.jsp?sku=00092728

The chart shows b-1212, which combined with the oil seal, binds the brake shaft. Either that, or you can't get the oil seal on.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

randhad...you are correct...that is a mistake in the 3rd PDF.  Karl may be able to correct it...thanks  :)

edit:        The line that randhad found wrong has been corrected by Karl...Thanks to both you guys.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

randhad

Hey! it gave me a  little more time to become intimately familiar with the innards of this tranny... :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1